Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have worked for a satellite related company. My son and a good friends are currently working with satellites. You’re trying to convince me that decades of technological advancement, multi-billion dollar industries, the science of astrodynamics and orbital mechanics are all a lie and that I need to get “educated” about by conspiracy bloggers.

There is no credibility to the flat earth argument.
Have you been to space? I doubt if you have any idea about their final destination and how they got there after they left your shop.

Upvote 0

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That would be great . Please begin that education for us. Give us more sources and "facts".
I would start with the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible reveals the true nature of this world and the forces at work to hide the truth.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As a person that works at NASA, I am tickled pink at being accused of being part of a conspiracy to hide the flat Earth. :D
You're also hiding aliens, Nibiru, and the Face of Mars! :p Then NASA had to promote Tang to fund Men in Black :p

And just HOW do y'all keep all 18,000 employees quiet about theses conspiracies? HRM???? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟915,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you been to space? I doubt if you have any idea about their final destination and how they got there after they left your shop.
I suppose the engineers I know flying the satellites can’t figure out they’re part of this big lie then?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Louis Rudd and Colin O'Brady managed to cover the following distance in under two months while each dragging a 100kg sled with their supplies. All they would need is a couple more people and they should be able to patrol the coastline easily ^_^

flat-jpg.272014
If the distance from center to edge is the same as the distance from fictitious pole to pole (12, 430 miles) then geometry gives us a circumference of 78,100 miles. If Louis Rudd and Colin O'Brady managed to cover that distance in under two months, Wow!

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would start with the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible reveals the true nature of this world and the forces at work to hide the truth.
The Bible tells us the true theological nature of the world. To force geological nature from that is a mistake.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟915,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think they can.
How do these few get all these very smart people to go along with their round earth sham? No one is speaking out from the space and satellite industries? Pilots? Sea captains?
No group of secret puppet masters could pull off a worldwide and centuries of conspiracy to hide the flat earth.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do these few get all these very smart people to go along with their round earth sham? No one is speaking out from the space and satellite industries? Pilots? Sea captains?
No group of secret puppet masters could pull off a worldwide and centuries of conspiracy to hide the flat earth.
The Simpsons did!!!

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You see marionettes, I see guys carrying bulky loads on their backs wearing unwieldy inflated suits (basically balloons) under conditions they've never experienced before.
Odd......

I see men in bulky suits suspended above the ground with something holding them up. I also see them off balance as they are out of alignment with the strings that suspend them. Is some cases the strings practically pull them back to their feet..

But.... guess that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Puppets with finger dexterity?
Yes.. they are real men.. suspended by real strings.. so... ya.. still have finger dextarity. I wasn't suggesting that these were actual puppets.. They are human.. suspended like puppets.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Both pilots and the flight engineer (three men crew on the DC-10, and I can’t recall if there was also a check airman). They deviated from the predefined route to give the passengers a better view and became disoriented due to bad airmanship.

Also I would note that Concorde, which was profitable for Air France and massively profitable for British Airways, was nearly scrapped after Air France ran over a piece of metal from a Contintental DC-10 that had a tire problem on takeoff and crashed and burned, and three years later the program did end anyway due to declining traffic.

One crash can absolutely end a program in aviation if the problems are severe enough.
So, was there something in the magnetic field, wind currents, or some other unknown force that effected all three airmen to such an extent that it is no longer safe to navigate an aircraft in that region?

I fail to see how the one crashed Concorde halted that program.. you stated the reason.. declining traffic that would make it unnecessary and therefore.... too costly to build new aircraft.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
According to flat earth maps, Antarctica is a massive ring. What authority has the manpower to patrol and keep the curious adventurers from fine this firmament?
You don't have to control a massive onslaught of traffic.. How many ships or aircraft are going to head that direction.?

Simple radar and Intercept ships...

• Agree
Reactions: Edwin Wright
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to control a massive onslaught of traffic.. How many ships or aircraft are going to head that direction.?

Only on a globe. If it is flat disc there is so much more area to cover.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟247,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
pter

Heliocentrism is an obvious precursor to evolutionism given evolutionism's need for vast time periods (first posited by Lyell in relation to the (alleged) "evolution" of geological formations, and subsequently adopted by Darwin (via Lyell) in relation to (alleged) biological evolution. Darwin himself states in Chapter X (On the Imperfection of the Geological Record) of the Origin of Species (Great Books of the Western World), "He who can read Sir Charles Lyell’s grand work on the Principles of Geology, which the future historian will recognise as having produced a revolution in natural science, yet does not admit how vast have been the past periods of time, may at once close this volume."

As you know, some heliocentrists are evolutionists but ALL evolutionists are heliocentrists. Heliocentrism eventually led to Lemaître's Big Bang Theory that further extended those ridiculous time periods. Heliocentrism is all about vast time periods and naturalism, including evolution. I trust that this clarifies the matter.
Your arguments in this thread strongly remind me of ones made by Robert Sungenis and John Martin, who are part of a small group of Catholic geocentrists. As far as I know, though, they aren't flat Earthers. I wouldn't think that the Church would be too fond of the flat Earth idea.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,188,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you actually taken a flight from Sydney to Santiago, and if you did or know others that have, can you obtain independent scientific confirmation of the actual route, speed, tailwinds, and other such manifestations? If not, then you're just looking at a schedule.
So your argument is the schedules are fake? That's it? Apart from delays due to weather or other conditions, I've found the flight schedules to be pretty accurate on the flights I have taken.

As anyone can see on the flat earth map that is most commonly presented there is absolutely no way the flight to Los Angeles from Sydney could possibly take longer than the flight to Santiago. The Santiago flight should be at least double the time based on the map. You can't argue tail winds because the return flights take roughly the same time. You might be able to argue that the map is wrong but there is simply no flat earth map that can work with flights in the southern hemisphere. On a globe there is no issue. Everything fits perfectly.

Still waiting for an explanation why there is a pressure gradient if the atmosphere is sealed inside the firmament.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,188,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Apparently nothing outside of your basement is real. If you can't touch, see, taste or smell it, it doesn't exist

• Winner
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,188,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Andhøy is a renegade who doesn't believe in permits or regulations. His previous expedition ended in tragedy with no permits filed and no insurance resulting in a number of countries footing the bill for the rescue operation.. He was taken into custody on his return from Antarctica, so your claim of simple radar and intercept ships obviously wasn't able to stop him getting there.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.