Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You sound like the media lol. If you believe your never lied to and the goverment love you and have all our interests at hand then its you that needs to be tested lol. We have humantarian awards while people starve and cant afford healthcare. People dont have clean water to drink but we spend millions on royal weddings. We have wars going on now while others sit and watch it happen. Yea it may be crazy to you but its reality to me. I dont expect you to understand it in a couple of texts. It dont do it justice.

Human greed, mismanagement, inhumane/unequal/inefficient use of resources, and the lack of political will to do anything about it has bupkus to do with the shape of the planet.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkSoul999
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The circular shadow of the Earth across the moon during an eclipse of the moon suggests the Earth is round. Being able to only see as far as the horizon, saying looking at the ocean with no buildings or mountains to obstruct the view, and knowing that the ocean doesn't end at the horizon suggests the Earth is round. Flying in an air plain and seeing more and more land below, rather than an end to it all ( and knowing that if you were to keep flying you would come back to your starting point ) suggests the world is round. The moon and the sun appearing round might also suggest that the Earth also is round. With all the photographs from space, still and video, from so many astronauts of various countries, would suggest the Earth is round. That Isaiah 40:22 speaks of the "circle of the earth" suggests the world is round.
Might I suggest to you that .... the Earth is round.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You sound like the media lol. If you believe your never lied to and the goverment love you and have all our interests at hand then its you that needs to be tested lol. We have humantarian awards while people starve and cant afford healthcare. People dont have clean water to drink but we spend millions on royal weddings. We have wars going on now while others sit and watch it happen. Yea it may be crazy to you but its reality to me. I dont expect you to understand it in a couple of texts. It dont do it justice.

You need medical help. The media also never told us that there are gremlins hiding under our beds....do you believe there are gremlins hiding under our beds? They could be invisible gremlins! I misplaced my toothpaste the other day! :doh:That is about as rational as a Flat Earth conspiracy....

It is not hard to discuss the bad decisions the government has made without making completely insane statements.

Yes it is horrible that nations are fighting each other instead of helping their bankrupt citizens. That doesn't mean the world is flat...

Get outside. Get some fresh air. Lobby for better legislation and government action. Or just make a direct contribution to society.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

DLegendJr

May 13, 2018
Derby
✟7,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Although we do spend money on technology that depends on the fact that earth is round and not flat (waves to GPS and weather satellites).
Basically no money is going towards determining if the Earth is flat or round. It has been easily calculated for millennia...
Not into that specific research no but
Human greed, mismanagement, inhumane/unequal/inefficient use of resources, and the lack of political will to do anything about it has bupkus to do with the shape of the planet.
I understand but that was a reply to his message.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here is my question: why do you look for natural truth in a book that is meant to give us spiritual truths? The bible is not a science book. God gave us eyes, ears, mouths, hands, brain and whatnot to perceive the world and the command the subdue it (Genesis 1:28). We have the capability to observe and study nature ourselves. What we can not is perceive God and spiritual matters, which is why God granted us revelations of things He deemed necessary for us to know.

This is a very interesting question to ask. If something that is truth spiritually is not truth naturally, then it's almost as if to say that spiritual truths aren't actually real.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anyway my bad if i offended anyone. Ill just leave it as that. Im not here to turn things into an argument.

It is not going to affect us in the slightest. In 30 minutes I'm going to be using a gps on my phone which is based entirely on the mainstream science of a round Earth and satellites in space.

At the very least you need to go outside and mingle with society before you develop a mental illness. You are showing signs of paranoia and delusion.

This is only going to affect YOU, not us!

Upvote 0

DLegendJr

May 13, 2018
Derby
✟7,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You need medical help. The media also never told us that there are gremlins hiding under our beds....do you believe there are gremlins hiding under our beds? They could be invisible gremlins! I misplaced my toothpaste the other day! :doh:That is about as rational as a Flat Earth conspiracy....

It is not hard to discuss the bad decisions the government has made without making completely insane statements.

Yes it is horrible that nations are fighting each other instead of helping their bankrupt citizens. That doesn't mean the world is flat...

Get outside. Get some fresh air. Lobby for better legislation and government action. Or just make a direct contribution to society.
I deffo didnt say it ment the earth was flat for any of them reasons. Narrow minded is what you are. You couldnt prove the facts you was boasting about and steered this into this direction. Ill accept i got dragged into it as well and went of course myself.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I deffo didnt say it ment the earth was flat for any of them reasons. Narrow minded is what you are. You couldnt prove the facts you was boasting about and steered this into this direction. Ill accept i got dragged into it as well and went of course myself.

We were discussing Flat Earth and then you said this:

"What people have to realise is that it aint just one thing anymore. Its not just about this. Its so many things now that are connected and you dont even know it. Brainwashing, manipulation,media,propaganda,war and politics. These things are not even the tip of the iceberg."

That is when this stopped being just about Flat Earth.

Now what question? Did I see the NASA pics? Well of course I've seen them....that is the answer to that question.

What facts needed proving? You said you felt that there was something happening behind the scenes and then you went off on the government, the media, and all of humanity....uh what?!:doh:

I'm not narrow minded about mental illness. I have years of personal experience with it. You are showing signs of it. If you want to prove me wrong then start talking like a rational human being....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DLegendJr

May 13, 2018
Derby
✟7,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We were discussing Flat Earth and then you said this:

"What people have to realise is that it aint just one thing anymore. Its not just about this. Its so many things now that are connected and you dont even know it. Brainwashing, manipulation,media,propaganda,war and politics. These things are not even the tip of the iceberg."

That is when this stopped being just about Flat Earth.

Now what question? Did I see the NASA pics? Well of course I've seen them....that is the answer to that question.

What facts needed proving? You said you felt that there was something happening behind the scenes and then you went off on the government, the media, and all of humanity....uh what?!:doh:

I'm not narrow minded about mental illness. I have years of personal experience with it. You are showing signs of it. If you want to prove me wrong then start talking like a rational human being....
Lol that was a reply to somebody else. Scroll up just a little bit more and you will see the 3 questions i asked which quoted your words. Stop picking and choosing what to use in your arguments. As i said before i admit i took it of course as well and ill accept that so whats your point? Your just to big to obviously.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have flown in many different airplanes in my life and let my tell you, experience never lies, when you look out the window at a real high altitude the world is round.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have flown in many different airplanes in my life and let my tell you, experience never lies, when you look out the window at a real high altitude the world is round.

If you get into a thread about flat earth theory, you'll find that those who believe in it will have an answer for everything you throw at them. As for seeing the curvature of the horizon from an airplane, they'll say it's because the windows are curved, and that distorts the view. If you show them pictures from satellites, they'll say they are CGI creations.

Plenty of threads exist on this topic, and I've been involved in a few. They are frustrating, entertaining, and sometimes thought-provoking.

Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a very interesting question to ask. If something that is truth spiritually is not truth naturally, then it's almost as if to say that spiritual truths aren't actually real.

God is spirit and thus can not be perceived in the natual world. Does that mean God is not real? If anything, spiritual truths are more real. The natural world will end, whereas God’s truths will endure for all eternity.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP

in other words, you have decided to ignore the intelligent data-based arguments from all the people who disagree with you.

you must be living in constant fear.

why?

because one day when you decide to drive to Nebraska, you won't make it. Because your car fell off the edge of the Earth.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If you get into a thread about flat earth theory, you'll find that those who believe in it will have an answer for everything you throw at them. As for seeing the curvature of the horizon from an airplane, they'll say it's because the windows are curved, and that distorts the view. If you show them pictures from satellites, they'll say they are CGI creations.

Plenty of threads exist on this topic, and I've been involved in a few. They are frustrating, entertaining, and sometimes thought-provoking.

lol, thanks for the warning.

I guess your right, if a person is convinced nothing will change there mind.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is spirit and thus can not be perceived in the natual world. Does that mean God is not real? If anything, spiritual truths are more real. The natural world will end, whereas God’s truths will endure for all eternity.

I agree that God is as real as natural things, but I just don't think one should be able to contradict the other. For example, the idea that the earth is flat shouldn't be a spiritual truth, while the earth being a globe is a natural truth.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lol, thanks for the warning.

I guess your right, if a person is convinced nothing will change there mind.

That seems to be the case. I only participated in those threads because I thought that the truth was so obvious that it would be a simple thing to point it out. Boy, was I wrong! :p

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree that God is as real as natural things, but I just don't think one should be able to contradict the other. For example, the idea that the earth is flat shouldn't be a spiritual truth, while the earth being a globe is a natural truth.

All I know is to me, the earth is round.

But to teach this to others is pointless, I also think teaching the earth is flat is also useless.

But here is my question to the flat earthers.

Where does the earth end? so I can go visit the end of earth and look down the end of it.

If the earth is flat there will be a drop off point we all could visit to see the end of the flat earth.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That seems to be the case. I only participated in those threads because I thought that the truth was so obvious that it would be a simple thing to point it out. Boy, was I wrong! :p

When you are convinced into tying an incorrect scientific belief to your religious beliefs, you'll usually fight like crazy to defend it.

Upvote 0