Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
/me blushes at people agreeing with him :o how embarrassing :o

:D

If you ever feel like killing yourself, I think you need to remember that God loevs you enough that He died FOR you, and "great love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend" :)

Upvote 0

Poiema

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
✟165.00
Jay, I know the heaviness of a heart that wants to die and I am so sorry that you've been through that ... and I'm so glad you failed in your attempts at suicide ;) You are God's precious creation and He has a beautiful plan for your life.

As for my answer to your question, suicide is a sin because it is the taking of a human life, and that is murder.
Something to consider is that even if it is the body in which you reside, if you are a Christian then you are not your own, you are God's, and the body He has given you is His as well.

Hey ... Read My TagLine! :pink:

Upvote 0

c64tm

Site Supporter
Aug 9, 2003
✟34,290.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jay, be stong. I am new here... I go through the same thing all the time. As long as you follow the lord, everything will be ok. If you ever feel like that, just pray... you will cry, and you will feel gods blessings. The holy ghost is with you, protecting you, guiding you. All the best.

Upvote 0

Yukerboy

Sep 2, 2003
✟7,635.00
Faith
Baptist
Make no mistake, suicide is sin.

Now, are all those who commit suicide going to Hell?

The fact is when you are justified, sanctified, and glorified by Jesus Christ, you are one of the elect. The elect can never be snatched out of Christ's hand. If an elect should commit suicide, they have sinned, no doubt, but they are still the elect and will go home to God.

Think of it this way....

James says "If you break one of these commandments, you are guilty of them all." No sin is greater than another. If you lie, you have done as bad as murder.

So....

A man is driving down the road with his daughter. His daughter pulls a tooth out and says "Look."

The father says "Put that under your pillow and the tooth fairy will fly in and put a dollar in its place."

The father then immediately wrecks and dies.

If he was one of the elect, do you think he is going to hell for lying to his daughter?

Of course not. If a man follows Christ all his life, comes across one moment of weakness, and kills himself, is he not looked upon with mercy if he is one of the elect?

You decide. My decision is made and solely from the Word of God.

Yuke

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
I think suicide is a sin, but the person or people who caused that person's suicide because of un-christian behaviour are going to be weighed down even further, because they essentially killed the person.

Say a person pulls a gun at you, and say that if you deny your faith with Christ, then you'll he'll save the bullet, otherwise he'd shoot...
And you say you love Jesus, whilst you also want to leave the earth....is that suicide? or a blessing from God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I have waded these waters before and I know, I know, just how it is to live with perpetual depression which motivates towards suicide. I got out of it and will briefly share with you how I did. Donot misunderstand me, this how I got out and my situation may not have been the same as yours. To make a long story short, I was not able to overcome my severe depression until it was suggested to me by another christian that this depression might be caused by demons, trying to kill me before I had enough time to close with Christ in faith. I also thought that I was a christian during all of this, but a close examination of biblical faith reveals that there is a human as well as a divinely imparted faith. A "decision" for the Lord may or may not be genuine, while a continuing walk with Him in holiness of Christlike character is more sound evidence that our "getting saved" was a true conversion and not a temporary, unsound one. The solution to getting deliverance from these terrible powers was found in their very description in the Bible: "unclean spirits". They are morally unclean and cannot work in a morally clean environment!!! To acheive lasting deliverance, you must understand and build upon this principle. When you truly have faith in Christ, your spiritual uncleaness is legally removed, leaving you legally clean in God's sight. This faith is, also, a gift of God and will not be bestowed upon the impenitant. That is the reason for Chirst's first message, "Repent and believe in the gospel." Repentance is not faith, but it is the ground in which the flower of saving faith will be planted and prosper. If depression is being caused by Satan, you must pursue sprititual cleaness in order to successfully undermine his position. So, in true saving faith, we become legally clean, but in a committal to repentance and obedience unto the Lord, which is also called "Sanctification", you become practically clean, that is you become clean in your actions and practice. Demons are very good opportunists and will look for any door of uncleaness through which to attack you. When the door of legal uncleaness is shut to them in biblical justification, and the door of practical uncleaness is shut to them in santification, they may then be resisited, one by one, successfully. Mental illness is, in the opinion of some, a condition which may be both physical or demonic. You know that I am not insinuating either in your case, but it was so in mine. "Submit therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you", You see the pattern or strategy there. Demons are not such grand fools as to leave their human houses in view of a puny man or woman, but they have no option but to leave when the omnipotent Jesus is displacing them, He is the stonger man, satan the strong man, from our perspective. There is much to learn in this area, and I hope that this may help you. I was a dieing man and this is what delivered me. Our current christian age has, in my opinion, abandoned the ministry of deliverence, confusing sign and wonder deliverence with ministry deliverance...Don't have time here to explain the difference, but there is one. Don't give in, "I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me". One last caution: It has been said that every case of biblically recorded suicide was committed by an ungodly soul, never a godly one. Demons feed your mind with lies about your release and happiness on the other side, DO NOT BELIEVE THEM! What else should one expect from the "father of lies" other than a lie? What do they know about how to be happy while in a state of eternal comdemnation? God can get you out, if this is the underlieing cause, but you must do it in His way.

Upvote 0

Zaphod

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟258.00
Faith
Christian
I answered with "I don't know..." but...

I see suicide as an act that shows you've lost all faith in the ability of the Lord to help you.

Not too long ago, I sat at a kitchen table, alone, and seriously considered ending it all with the .40S&W HKUSP40C pistol I had before me. My marriage was on the rocks (and it still is), and the whole world seemed to be coming down on me. It's a condition I hope to never return....

What kept me from doing it? I imagined the Lord asking me, seconds later, "Why didn't you trust Me? Why did you not have faith? Why didn't you believe? BEGON FROM ME!" :eek:

Perhaps fear of Hell is a poor reason to have faith in Christ, but there it is.

Don't do it. He's there beside you, and He will help if you ask Him. Just remember: He will give you what you NEED, not necessarily what you WANT.

God bless.....

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is murder a sin?
Why is murdering yourself any different?
With the way I've been haunted by the memory of my friend Alex for almost fifteen years, you can't tell me it's not a sin. I think about him every day. I've thought about him every day since March 4, 1989. I'm tired of thinking about him. I'm tired of wondering what would have happened if I had gone to his house that morning like Dave wanted to. I look forward to dying in the hope that I will finally stop playing that day over and over in my head. God help me if I have to deal with this for eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phileo

Dec 2, 2003
✟1,080.00
jayebrownlee said:
but a sin can only be forgiven if we say sorry, but we are dead before the sin has truely been commited and therefore cannot ask for forgiveness.

Jay
As I post this I would implore you to seek Christian counseling from your Pastor. I truly believe that you should talk out this issue with someone who can lead you to peace in your heart. Your very life is a miraculous gift from God. Even on this forum you have elicited God's great love. It's time to get busy living... God's got a plan for your life!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

John Meyers said:
Bible Question: "My son was a Christian but he committed suicide. I know some people say someone who commits suicide can't go to heaven. I haven't been able to find that in the Bible. Is it true?"
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]B[/font]ible Answer: The reason you can't find anything in the Bible about suicide keeping a believer from going to heaven is because it's not there.

1x1.gif
I have read through the entire Bible several times and studied the Scriptures to some depth for more than 20 years, and I have never seen one solitary verse, or even part of a verse, that says anything about suicide preventing a believer from going to heaven. It's not there, and anyone who says it is will have to show it to me before I'll even discuss this particular topic with them or hear their arguments.

1x1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]T[/font]o add to the burdens of those with loved ones who have died in this manner is perhaps the cruelest treatment I can imagine, and it most definitely is the exact opposite of what the Bible tells us to do.

1x1.gif
"Bear one another's burdens," Galatians 6:2 tells us, not add to a suffering person's burdens with such unfeeling, wrongful thinking.

1x1.gif
And we have it on no less authority than Jesus Himself that believers are eternally secure in their salvation, no matter what.

1x1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]"M[/font]y sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me. And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand," Jesus says in John 10:27-28. And if that language isn't strong enough and clear enough for you, Jesus then adds yet another stronger assurance.

1x1.gif
"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand," John 10:29.

1x1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]W[/font]hen Jesus says "no one," He means just that, including ourselves. In order to snatch a believer from the hand of Jesus and the hand of God, Jesus says the person who can do that would have to have a greater power than God, Who "is greater than all."

1x1.gif
In other words, we do not have the power to take ourselves out of the hand of God, once He puts us there by believing in His Son.

1x1.gif
And for those misguided souls who say suicide is such a great sin there can be no forgiveness by the Father, consider Matthew 12:31.

1x1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]"T[/font]herefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men."

1x1.gif
Jesus spoke these words after the Pharisees accused Him of using the power of the devil when He healed a blind and mute man and cast demons out of him. They said in Matt. 12:24, "This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons."

1x1.gif
So Jesus warned them about committing the only unpardonable sin, by saying what He did by the Holy Spirit was the devil's work.
1x1.gif
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,geneva]W[/font]here in this passage about the sole unpardonable sin does it say anything about suicide? Or where else does it say a believer will not be allowed entrance into heaven for any reason? It's just not there.

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
I was lead to suicide because of false teachers manipulating the message into a message of slavery... it's painful. I'm lucky I'm still alive. My father was one that lead me astray with his manipulated theories and imaginary passages from the Bible, the church, agreed with him because they hated me...they too preached that suicide was a eternal sin greater than any other sin.

This was told to me, when I was weak, unstable, wanting to kill myself at that very time.
I'm greatful God was with me, and lead me to show me the correct path, made me read the Bible every night to find the truth and follow the path of truth...I wanted to take revenge...instead God did that for me. Some of those that despised me are living a non-Christian life...others are jealous that I can have the habit of reading the Bible every night...overall..............God is very sweet

Upvote 0

Neenie

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
✟2,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Icystwolf said:
I was lead to suicide because of false teachers manipulating the message into a message of slavery... it's painful. I'm lucky I'm still alive. My father was one that lead me astray with his manipulated theories and imaginary passages from the Bible, the church, agreed with him because they hated me...they too preached that suicide was a eternal sin greater than any other sin.

This was told to me, when I was weak, unstable, wanting to kill myself at that very time.
I'm greatful God was with me, and lead me to show me the correct path, made me read the Bible every night to find the truth and follow the path of truth...I wanted to take revenge...instead God did that for me. Some of those that despised me are living a non-Christian life...others are jealous that I can have the habit of reading the Bible every night...overall..............God is very sweet

Well that post touched my heart it’s good that you’re still alive, Remember if people are against you God is with you ALWAYS. Your life is valuable to God.

Take care and God Bless

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Janine said:
Well that post touched my heart it’s good that you’re still alive, Remember if people are against you God is with you ALWAYS. Your life is valuable to God.

Take care and God Bless
I never knew God was alive until I needed him the most.

Thanks Janine...
even after my suicide ordeal, I was afraid to speak of it, until one day a friend talked about it, and his views was that all suicidal people deserve to go to hell. I got angry, and he didn't understand why....because I didn't tell him.

Then a Christian friend from uni came up, and asked why I was so...upset... and I revealed it, hoping he'd understand, and he did!

I realised then, that not all Christians are the same...finding the truth will lead you to a road to find more blessed people from God

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.