Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Having attempted suicide may times this is something I would like to work out. I know many people have differing views on the subject however the only Biblical evidence I can find is the commandment, 'Do not murder'.

I am not looking for a ticket to commit suicide with a clear conscience, but I suffer for sever mental illness and when I do take an attempt on my own life then I am not really myself, the illness has taken over.

Please any help in this area would be much appreciated.

Your sister in Christ

Jay

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, the intentional taking of a human life is a sin. But if you are mentally ill and can't control what you do against yourself, I don't see how you could be judged for it.

I pray you won't do it, but if you do, I expect to see you in heaven, because Christ died for all your sins and through faith you have received God's approval! He won't turn you away for that sin or any other if you are in Him by faith.

Have you considered coming to the US or to Canad for treatment? Maybe they can do something for you that the UK doctors can't.

Contact www.newlife.com and see if they can help you more. New Life is a very famous Christian psychiatry center in Texas.

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't afford to fly over to you let alone pay for treatment. I have to live of state benefits because I am unable to work and that is only around $65 a week.

I am going to look at the website though so thank you for the link.

Your sister in Christ

Jay

edited due to my inability to type what I am thinking.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dear Jay,

i agree with lambslove, but please do try to keep from suiciding, let the Lord help you. *hugs*

Father, i lift up Jay to you, watch over her and keep her from harm, shield her Lord, and strengthen her in this battle. Lord, i know you alone stands between us and sin, you alone is our healer, comforter and saviour. Please help Jay and wrap her in your love, guide her and walk with her. In Jesus's name i pray, amen.

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Blessed-one
Dear Jay,

i agree with lambslove, but please do try to keep from suiciding, let the Lord help you. *hugs*

I don't think that I am going to OD as I am doing everything I can to keep safe such as not going out by myself and so far I am doing Okay, hopefully things will be alright.

love in Christ

Jay

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by jayemcintyre
I don't think that I am going to OD as I am doing everything I can to keep safe such as not going out by myself and so far I am doing Okay, hopefully things will be alright.

love in Christ

Jay

If you ever do feel like you are getting close to doing it, please let us know. We really love you and want to see you keep living. This place would be awfully sad without you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
How do we know that Samson isn't?

Jay

Because we are saved by faith, not because we never sinned. Despite his many foul-ups, Samsom still showed faith in God, so he is likely in heaven.

Judges16:28-30
Then Samson called to the LORD, "Almighty LORD, please remember me! God, give me strength just one more time! Let me get even with the Philistines for at least one of my two eyes." Samson felt the two middle columns on which the building stood. With his right hand on one column and his left on the other, he pushed hard against them. "Let me die with the Philistines," he said. With that, he pushed with all his might, and the building fell on the rulers and everyone in it. So he killed more Philistines when he died than he had when he was alive.

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Anthony
Is Suicide a Sin? - Yes
Is Suicide an unforgiveable Sin? - No

But stick it out, stand busy with people and activities. And stay out of your Head. More problems are caused by to much thinking.

but a sin can only be forgiven if we say sorry, but we are dead before the sin has truely been commited and therefore cannot ask for forgiveness.

Jay

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
but a sin can only be forgiven if we say sorry, but we are dead before the sin has truely been commited and therefore cannot ask for forgiveness.

Jay

Who said that you can't ask for forgiveness right before? Is there some formula? Once you start the "act of suicide", what? You can't ask for forgiveness then. Bless me Father, for I know not what I do?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
all I'm saying is that we don't actually KNOW what happened to anyone after they died, only God does.

Jay

True. But we can have assurance about ourselves. If you are saved through faith, Jay, you WILL go to heaven. There is no question about that. Are you saved?

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
the sin is murder and there fore it is commited once the murder has happened, ie once you are dead, therefire you cannot ask forgiveness

When a man lusts after a woman, he has already committed adultry. Likewise with suicide, one you start the "act", you have committed the sin, the rest is details.

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
True. But we can have assurance about ourselves. If you are saved through faith, Jay, you WILL go to heaven. There is no question about that. Are you saved?

I believe that I am saved but at the same time I have doubts as to whether God can forgive me for commiting suicide.

Jay

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.