✟1,474,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone reacts to others according to,their
appearance. For anyone to claim that they dont, and that
to do so is racist and prejudiced is such
a misrepresentation as to be plain ridiculous.

Back when I was in the military, I figured out a thought-rule to the question of how to compliment a woman: Compliment her choices, not her attributes.

The same goes for reacting to any aspect of anyone's appearance: Evaluate their deliberate choices, not their natural attributes. I'm not going to evaluate someone by the color of his skin he was born with, but I will evaluate someone based on how he chooses to dress.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Back when I was in the military, I figured out a thought-rule to the question of how to compliment a woman: Compliment her choices, not her attributes.

The same goes for reacting to any aspect of anyone's appearance: Evaluate their deliberate choices, not their natural attributes. I'm not going to evaluate someone by the color of his skin he was born with, but I will evaluate someone based on how he chooses to dress.

Yup

Tho there is a bit more to it. Dark skinned Chinese
are either poor, or abc and dont mind the sun.
Very dark blacks are about certain to be from Africa
and will behave quite differently than American blacks...
etc.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my teen was born in another country

she's heard disparaging comments many times
adults & kids often mention country where she was born with negative comments (yes, adults, too)

she has also been physically hurt by others

has this happened because of her skin color and country where she was born...I believe so
there's been too many incidents/comments

is it a sin? you tell me...
is it right to hurt an innocent child

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
my teen was born in another country

she's heard disparaging comments many times
adults & kids often mention country where she was born with negative comments (yes, adults, too)

she has also been physically hurt by others such as bit, kicked, pushed off playground equipment, and hit over & over purposely with a basketball

has this happened because of her skin color and country where she was born...I believe so
there's been too many incidents
she's come home with bruises too many times

is it a sin? you tell me...
is it right to hurt an innocent child & cause bruises?
is it right to cause harm emotionally?

It is sure a sin to keep sending her back.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is sure a sin to keep sending her back.

nice, real nice

we're to keep her home, in a bubble forever?
not go to pediatrician, not go out in neighborhood, not go on vacation, not go to grocery store, not go to libraries, etc

cause incidents have occurred EVERYWHERE...anywhere there are people! in all above places

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
nice, real nice

we're to keep her home, in a bubble forever?
not go to pediatrician, not go out in neighborhood, not go on vacation, not go to grocery store, not go to libraries, etc

cause incidents have occurred EVERYWHERE...anywhere there are people! in all above places

again, real nice comment
The truth bites and stings.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The truth bites and stings.

what truth is that?
that adults & kids are racist?
even pediatricians? we dismissed 3 racist pediatricians

I have called out both adults & kids on their nonsense
it's not to be tolerated

only one adult apologized @ the grocery store

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
what truth is that?
that adults & kids are racist?
even pediatricians? we dismissed 3 racist pediatricians

I have called out both adults & kids on their nonsense
it's not to be tolerated

only one adult apologized @ the grocery store

I sincerely wish both of you well.
I was in no way way attacking you

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't know as evaluating a person on how they choose to dress is all that wonderful an idea either. One may make some insightful inferences about a person based upon their choices of attire, but to evaluate them one needs to know much, much more than that. I try not to evaluate people at all. For me to say I am qualified to judge how valuable any particular person is, would seem like arrogance on my part. I do agree that the best way to understand what a person is like is to look at the choices they take. Not to look at things they have zero control over. However, their clothing choices can often be the latter and not the former and one's prejudices about attire can inappropriately influence one's view of a person even of the clothing decisions that are completely within that person's control. I would concentrate more on the decisions that have moral and ethical repercussions and about decisions that reveal how responsible a person is than on the choices they make about attire. Some of those attire choices my give one an idea about how responsible a person is, but it is easy to be mistaken if one is only going by their attire.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not going to evaluate someone by the color of his skin he was born with, but I will evaluate someone based on how he chooses to dress.
You and I would not get along...but I assume that we're both fine with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes its a sin. God says to love your neighbor as yourself and love God. If you cant love people that are made in the image of God you dont love Him.

Also if youre offended by someone just bc they look different how will love the way jesus loved when youre actually persecuted?

Also where will you go when you die bc there's no segregation in heaven. Thats something to think about.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems like you don't understand true racism.

Racism is when you discriminate against a specific race.

He simply told a group of immigrants that if they hate our country and how things are done here to simply go back to their own country. This is not discriminating against anyone but rather stating a fact.

Discrimination would be refusing to hire anyone of a specific race or giving them lower pay because of their race. There are many more examples but Trump does none of those.

True racism has nothing to do with hurtful words and more to do with actions.

I think you and I both know immigrants usually come to america for a better life. Ill never forget the hispanic man that was face up in a body of water with an infant on his back... Both dead. To tell someone to go back to their own country when it has little resources, riddled with disease and violence shows lack of empathy and compassion one has for that person as well as racism.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not crying wolf when white people mistreat black people becaues of their racism.
Right. Not at all. To call it a race card when youre bringing mistreatment against you to light is toxic, manipulative and gaslighting.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Right. Not at all. To call it a race card when you're bringing mistreatment against you to light is toxic, manipulative and gaslighting.

I am white. The only reason I have to bring up the race card is I know for a fact non-whites are, generally speaking, treated unfairly due to racism. It is one reason I am a Democrat.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am white. The only reason I have to bring up the race card is I know for a fact non-whites are, generally speaking, treated unfairly due to racism. It is one reason I am a Democrat.
Even thought i quoted you I was saying you in a general sense. I agreed with what I quoted from you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yup

Tho there is a bit more to it. Dark skinned Chinese
are either poor, or abc and dont mind the sun.
Very dark blacks are about certain to be from Africa
and will behave quite differently than American blacks...
etc.
What do you mean they behave differently.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you mean they behave differently.
Hmm.
You know, its hard for me to think how to answer that.

Tty this- imagine an American black ttyingbto present as a local
in Africa.

Ftm, I can easily identify mainland Chinese here in Hong Kong.

Its nothing good or bad, just different.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
grasping the after wind said:
I don't know as evaluating a person on how they choose to dress is all that wonderful an idea either. One may make some insightful inferences about a person based upon their choices of attire, but to evaluate them one needs to know much, much more than that. I try not to evaluate people at all. For me to say I am qualified to judge how valuable any particular person is, would seem like arrogance on my part. I do agree that the best way to understand what a person is like is to look at the choices they take. Not to look at things they have zero control over. However, their clothing choices can often be the latter and not the former and one's prejudices about attire can inappropriately influence one's view of a person even of the clothing decisions that are completely within that person's control. I would concentrate more on the decisions that have moral and ethical repercussions and about decisions that reveal how responsible a person is than on the choices they make about attire. Some of those attire choices my give one an idea about how responsible a person is, but it is easy to be mistaken if one is only going by their attire.

I don't believe it is good to judge others by how they dress. There isn't anything in the Bible supporting that being done, and we never know enough to put ourselves in God's place to judge others, and appearance is not enough to go on.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,835.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't believe it is good to judge others by how they dress. There isn't anything in the Bible supporting that being done, and we never know enough to put ourselves in God's place to judge others, and appearance is not enough to go on.

Depends.

If someone applies for a job?

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This pastor says that it is. And he calls out church leaders to label it as a sin.

Who Will Call Out the President's Racism?

Should national leaders be called out on their sins even if they are believed to support 'Christianity'? Or should only only national leaders who are believed to not support Christianity be called out on their sins?

Should the party who called out Bill Clinton for marital infidelity also call out Donald Trump for racism?? Within the realm of morals and ethics is there any reason why anyone should believe Christians have either morals or ethics?
May God Bless You. There is a difference between a christian and a politician. Politicians have their own ways of doing things and so do Christians and Christianity is ABOVE politics. As a Christian it is a SIN to be a racist because we were all made in the image of God.
Galatians 3:28 says "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"
John 7:24 says" Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”
Acts 10:34-35 says "Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right
Romans 2:11 says "For God does not show favoritism."
We all have a piece of God in us and hating someone for the colour of their skin is hating God(the creator of all people) himself.
I pray that "May the Lord teach us to understand that We ARE ONE"
AMEN

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0