Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
that is what purgatory is all about

For sure, as our Lord would say....

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Reactions: Segaz
Upvote 0

Seymore Bell

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2017
Jackson, MS
✟49,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
who do you think is in control?

Ch. Bell

Apostle Paul said, "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not.........." Therefore, Satan is the god of this world which give Him limits authority over false religion, unbelievers and this world. He (Satan) has no authority over believers. This authority and power rest in the hands of OUR GREAT GOD JESUS CHRIST!

Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matt. 28:18
So, who is in control: OUR GREAT GOD JESUS CHRIST! Amen! Amen! Amen!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Seymore Bell

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2017
Jackson, MS
✟49,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
For sure, as our Lord would say....

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Ch. Bell

How true this is, these very words written over 2,000 years ago is now echoing in my life. Such as, aggressions coming from the world, believers and Pastors without any true foundation.
Why these attacks aim toward you? It has to do with many revelations and my relationship with CHRIST.
But, through all of my suffering for Him (Christ). GOD kept His word concerning me. Finally, JESUS molded me into HIS faithful servant!

TO HIM BE THE GLORY,
HENCEFORTH NOW FOREVER
MORE AMEN!

• Prayers
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what do you know about truth?
Well first to be truth it does not have to be defended with ambiguous cut and paste bits and pieces forcefit together in a desperate attemp to make a made up doctrine that does not exist in scripture sound valid when it's not.
And His name is Jesus...
Not pope whoever.

You?

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is what purgatory is all about
Very cunning and deceitful little replies.
When in fact Purgatoy is a false teaching that people can suffer in hell for a time and them be rescued out.this is absolutely contrary to all Unambiguous scripture.

Some ones telling fibs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Jesus built His church on a rock
More ambiguous topic changing and misleading in order to avoid the truth of the matter
.a repeated ploy.
Fact remains..pugatory cannot be unambiguously shown from scripture

Because it's not in there.
Changing the topic to an argument about which is his church won't change that fact.

Get honest

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Pugatory cannot be unambiguously shown from scripture
I agree that purgatory cannot be unambiguously shown from Scripture. But there is nothing in Scripture that states that all Christian doctrine must be unambiguously shown from Scripture, or even that all Christian doctrine must be shown even implicitly in Scripture.

So your line of argumentation is rather irrelevant, because the basis for the argument itself is not found in scripture. That is, the basis of your argument (Sola Scriptura) is a tradition of men that is found nowhere in scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
But there is nothing in Scripture that states that all Christian doctrine must be unambiguously shown from Scripture, or even that all Christian doctrine must be shown even implicitly in Scripture.
Ha. Exactly. One could search the Scriptures to find that doctrine all month long. But it wouldn't be there. So they have this doctrine whose source in Scripture is ambiguous and maybe implied or not implied.
So your line of argumentation is rather irrelevant, because the basis for the argument itself is not found in scripture. That is, the basis of your argument (Sola Scriptura) is a tradition of men that is found nowhere in scripture.
How shocking. :)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that purgatory cannot be unambiguously shown from Scripture. But there is nothing in Scripture that states that all Christian doctrine must be unambiguously shown from Scripture, or even that all Christian doctrine must be shown even implicitly in Scripture.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God...
Thus all scripture is in harmony with all other scripture.
It does not say all doctrine of an us inspired and where are doctrine plainly opposes ispired Unambiguous scripture..it plainly opposes the truth.

Such as the lie of purgatory.

In short the sum total of your defence of it still remains the same.
You say “it is so because we the rcc say it is“
A law into yourselves.
And not even the decency to be honest about it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will just get to the point: Is Purgatory real? Didn't Christ already pay for our sins (taking the punishment for us) when He died in the Cross? Aren't we covered in the blood of the lamb? This life on Earth is a waiting place for us; why go to another waiting place? Aren't we made clean by accepting His death?

There is the issue of us "sleeping."
Whatever.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
All scripture is given by inspiration of God...
Thus all scripture is in harmony with all other scripture.
It does not say all doctrine of an us inspired and where are doctrine plainly opposes ispired Unambiguous scripture..it plainly opposes the truth.

Such as the lie of purgatory.

In short the sum total of your defence of it still remains the same.
You say “it is so because we the rcc say it is“
A law into yourselves.
And not even the decency to be honest about it.
There is no reason to insult me by calling me indecent and dishonest.

2 Timothy does not teach Sola Scriptura.

There is no verse in Scripture that teaches that purgatory does not exist.

And the doctrine of purgatory can be found implicitly in Scripture, which I am sure have been provided to you. You have your interpretation, and I have mine.

And just so you know, the Catholic Church does have authority to declare as doctrine things that are not found in Scripture. As one example, the Catholic Church declared the 27 books of the NT to be the inspired word of God. You hold this same belief, and you would not hold it except for the fact that the Catholic Church made that declaration. So the Catholic Church is your authority, whether you like it or not. If you disagree, then you should be able to give me a Chapter and a verse in the Bible that states that the letter to Hebrews is the inspired word of God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no reason to insult me by calling me indecent and dishonest.

2 Timothy does not teach Sola Scriptura.

There is no verse in Scripture that teaches that purgatory does not exist.

And the doctrine of purgatory can be found implicitly in Scripture, which I am sure have been provided to you. You have your interpretation, and I have mine.

And just so you know, the Catholic Church does have authority to declare as doctrine things that are not found in Scripture. As one example, the Catholic Church declared the 27 books of the NT to be the inspired word of God. You hold this same belief, and you would not hold it except for the fact that the Catholic Church made that declaration. So the Catholic Church is your authority, whether you like it or not. If you disagree, then you should be able to give me a Chapter and a verse in the Bible that states that the letter to Hebrews is the inspired word of God.
1.never said Timothy said anything about sola.. And neither am.I .
You'r just repeating the age old trick.
Keep changing the topic ...straw men and red herrings..

Yeah yeah ..blah blah same argument ..
Your just saying it is so because the rcc says it is so.
And that doesn't agree with what God said.
So nice try.

It changes nothing.
The doctrine of purgatory is not in scripture Because it's not of God.

Its a lie.

It absolutely contradicts the work of Christ on the cross.

Upvote 0