South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Short answer, yes controlling... Good news is that it didnt take yrs to find out... You need lots of serious prayer from any and all people, especially those around you who know and love you

I'm at a loss for words right now because my flesh wants to beat sense into him, but that wont help

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your husband is not only controlling he is neglecting you. Three trips to Mexico in a year and doesn't take his wife? You deserve better. You're a grown up. You're allowed to go out with friends. From what you are saying he isn't a very good husband.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but his insecurities are draining me. to the point that I can't be myself because i dont want to outshine him, or make him feel like he isn't a man. I know he tells me that he loves me, but i just feel like it's getting ridiculous.
or make him feel like he isn't a man.
1 Peter chapter 3 verse 7
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

What's going on isn't fair, but that's between you and him.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have told him. But to be honest, i feel like i'm crazy sometimes. So i feel like when I say something, it sounds like I'm overacting and I have no clue about how marriage works
This part is particularly worrying. It sounds like classic gaslighting: he's making unreasonable demands, and making you feel like you're the crazy one. As for what he says about how guys are -- that's complete bunk. Sure, there are guys like that out there, but it's certainly not all of them, and what does that have to do with going out with other women? I wouldn't dream of treating my wife the way you're being treated.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, as I'm writing this, my husband is on the plane coming from mexico with his best friends and i'm picking him up in a couple hours. He left 5 days ago, spending 4 nights there. So here's the problem, somehow, he is able to make me feel guilty for going out with my girlfriends one of the nights he's gone. I have my "location" on at all times. He doesn't have his on. And I am not allowed to go on girls trips, this is his 3rd time to Mexico in the last 10 months with his buddies. Granted, we've been going through some marital troubles.

everytime i say it's not fair that i'm not allowed, he said it's different cause I'm a girl.

So here I am typing cause I have extreme anxiety, like i did something totally wrong, but i didn't. I need some advice. I'll update you guys when I see him tonight
I disagree with the remark that it's different cause you're a girl. You should each follow the same rules.

• Agree
Reactions: ValleyGal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, as I'm writing this, my husband is on the plane coming from mexico with his best friends and i'm picking him up in a couple hours. He left 5 days ago, spending 4 nights there. So here's the problem, somehow, he is able to make me feel guilty for going out with my girlfriends one of the nights he's gone. I have my "location" on at all times. He doesn't have his on. And I am not allowed to go on girls trips, this is his 3rd time to Mexico in the last 10 months with his buddies. Granted, we've been going through some marital troubles.

everytime i say it's not fair that i'm not allowed, he said it's different cause I'm a girl.

So here I am typing cause I have extreme anxiety, like i did something totally wrong, but i didn't. I need some advice. I'll update you guys when I see him tonight

The behaviour is controlling, but it is had to tell what you should do. You will need to just test the waters a little, see how far you can take things before it cause problems for you. By that I mean you should stand up for your right to be able to go out with friends, but no push so hard that he reacts. Maybe as a suggestion take your husband out with your friends one time so he can see what type of people they are, it may quell his fear. In the bible Jesus parents questioned Him as to why he was teaching in the temple at a young age, they were concerned for His welfare. It says in the bible that Jesus became subject to them, Jesus could have rebelled and continued His ministry, but submission to parents was seen as important by Jesus. The bible does suggest that Christian wives should submit to their husbands. I would suggest that if things become tense, and your husband just will not allow your outings, submit to it, but ask your friends around to your place when he is there again so he can get to know them, it may open up doors to let you go out in future.

• Agree
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My wife says that thinkers are doers. Whatever he is trying to accuse you of is most likely what he is guilty of doing. Perhaps this causes stress for him and he wants to push that stress off on you rather than to deal with it himself.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Your husband is extremely controlling. It sounds very likely that he is doing 'secret' things on these trips.

Please see a professional counselor if you can. It is very hard to deal with these situation.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

To be real honest I think you need to research the profile of domestic abusers. They often want to control, and isolate, their spouses. Putting them on a guilt trip for no good reason is also very common. The real problem is that such behaviors can escalate. I pray you will be given wisdom on how to deal with this so things don't get worse, and even turn around.,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
To be real honest I think you need to research the profile of domestic abusers. They often want to control, and isolate, their spouses. Putting them on a guilt trip for no good reason is also very common. The real problem is that such behaviors can escalate. I pray you will be given wisdom on how to deal with this so things don't get worse, and even turn around.,
P.S. I also agree with those above, though, who feel he is probably having some kind of an affair and/or up to no good in other ways. His attempts to make you live in anxiety may be due to his need to get you off his back about any potential revelations. Mho.

Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even with his faults, is it any better that you've allowed your husband to be bad mouthed on this thread? The Bible says for husbands to love their wives and for wives to respect their husbands.

This sounds like a matter to bring to your pastor if you have one, after talking to your husband first of course.

• Useful
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

You need help. You need some serious counseling. And next time he says you can't go out with your girl friends, you say "tough snot buster"... and walk out.

He's not your slave owner. You are married couple, not an indentured servant.

I can't stand guys like this.... you need help. You need more help than an online forum can provide.

Upvote 0