Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if you can get people to think seriously about their death and where they currently stand before God. Then yes it is moral.

That said if you are proclaiming that you or your sect knows what Jesus said no one knows, that is when Jesus is coming again. Then being a false prophet is a dreadful sin.
I would suggest leaving any sect that claims to know this information.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
harbourgrace
✟8,362.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
if you can get people to think seriously about their death and where they currently stand before God. Then yes it is moral.

That said if you are proclaiming that you or your sect knows what Jesus said no one knows, that is when Jesus is coming again. Then being a false prophet is a dreadful sin.
I would suggest leaving any sect that claims to know this information.
What is false twists the scripture to their own destruction, take heed - lest you also fall.
Hath God said? Is likely the foundation of all doctrines of demons it is the (spirit-demon) who cannot confess Jesus is lord. Possessed people can and do many things in His name that is why we need the Holy Ghost to lead us into all truth.
Matthew 24:4-5

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The Million (Dollar) houses jets Worldly lifestyles are to be expected Judas Iscariot loved the wages of sin.

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

1 John 4:1-6
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Isaiah 30:10 which say to the seers, See not;
and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things,
speak unto us smooth things,
prophesy deceits:

2 Timothy 4:1-5

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin:
but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

It is time to wake up fill your lamps with oil (not from the market place).

Hope His word blessed you and my thoughts encourage all who read especially the possessed call on his name and He will set you free.

Hope His word blessed you and my thoughts encourage all who read especially the possessed call on his name and He will set you free.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a sect or cult
There are a number of marks of a sect/cult:-
They always down play the role/importance of Jesus. It is not through him we are save but by faith in him plus something else.
The bible is not the word of God. In order to understand the bible it has to be read through the understanding of the founders world view/reading with founders writings etc
Other Christian groups are always not real Christians.

There are more but I can't remember them.

The church of Jesus always points people to Jesus, always encourages people to investigate for themselves the claims of Jesus and always trusts only in the bible.

I don't care what organisation you or anyone attends, it is their relationship with Jesus that I am interested in.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is false twists the scripture to their own destruction, take heed - lest you also fall.
Are all those biblical quotes in different size fonts your message or just part of your signature?
If it is could you do a longer post and get rid of the very long signature, as it is difficult to see where one ends and the other starts.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
harbourgrace
✟8,362.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are all those biblical quotes in different size fonts your message or just part of your signature?
If it is could you do a longer post and get rid of the very long signature, as it is difficult to see where one ends and the other starts.
No i copied & pasted from open office and it seems to have a mind of it's own (some might say Gremlins in the machine) or luck of the draw (pun intended). Signature not intended but may be something to ponder. Till next time Lord willing bye.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely! I would be grateful to have come to Jesus in ANY fashion because of the end result!!!

But Jude says:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Is it moral to use the end times to scare people into salvation?
For you to have asked the question, you must believe it isn't, otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

But, you can't scare someone into Salvation, for Scripture says.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This is the proper avenue for a Christian to take when talking to the unsaved.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Remember, it isn't the Church your professing, it's Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Usually it's not (i.m.h.o.)
It depends.
God will judge the world and set things straight, "with a rod of iron".
He has judged before, with the Flood, but we're made to believe that was just a fairytale.
But i think "scaring people into salvation" is usually impossible, because they will just run away and dismiss the whole idea of God saving sinners altogether.
I suppose we'd better pray to God for guidance in our attempt to share the Word, because every person / group requires their own approach i.m.o.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hath God said? Is likely the foundation of all doctrines of demons it is the (spirit-demon) who cannot confess Jesus is lord. Possessed people can and do many things in His name that is why we need the Holy Ghost to lead us into all truth.
Matthew 24:4-5

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The Million (Dollar) houses jets Worldly lifestyles are to be expected Judas Iscariot loved the wages of sin.

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

1 John 4:1-6
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Isaiah 30:10 which say to the seers, See not;
and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things,
speak unto us smooth things,
prophesy deceits:

2 Timothy 4:1-5

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin:

So, was that a POSITIVE YES, or a DEFINITIVE NO?

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not think this is a viable solution to help people turn to Jesus.Fear is not the answer, Jesus is the answer, His teachings are perfect, that's what people must understand, that's why it's so important to read about Him.Even the worst of us knows deep inside that indeed, Jesus's teachings are the answer to any kind of problem.We hear many testimonies about hell, about people being tormented there by demons, you know, that's what devil wants, to believe that God is not a just God.I remember Jesus talking about the rich man who was in hell, there were no demons tormenting him, just the fire of hell, but he was able to speek.

Jesus said that we should let our light to shine before men that they may see our good deeds and turn back to God, this is the best solution.Being good and doing good all in the name of the Father.

Let me give you a simple example, I go to a family to offer my help but I tell them that it's not my help, it's God's help.They thank me but I tell them, do not thank me, give your thanks to God, I am doing his works by letting Him to work through me.Many can be saved this way, then if they seek God, God will come closer to them.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Show Gods love to them instead.
Winning people with love works better than appealing to a judgement they may as easily dismiss.

If a person comes to see the love of Christ she won't go back to her meaningless lonesome life.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No you don't scare salvation into a person, but you sure can get their attention with fear!
When 57-67% of people calling themselves Christians don't believe Jesus is the ONLY way, you need something strong to get through to them at times.

With moslems, yea, show them God's true love through (Prophet) Jesus... because alla is not a god of love, he is a "trickster" who does mean-spirited things to his followers "because he can" they say. You don't read of a loving alla in their qu'ran...

But "as if snatching them from fire" (which we are) that implies FEAR folks, imo.

I think fear is at the base of most conversions, actually. The very thought one needs to have (versus I want to go to heaven) is I DON'T WANT TO GO TO HELL. What's behind that if not fear?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi mark,

That seems to me a double edged question. It reminds me of "Do you still kick your cat?" if I say yes, then I used to kick the cat, if I say no, then it still means I kicked the cat. What is I never kicked the cat?

So to you question, it presumes you can scare people into salvation.

Probably better to approach the subject as - does the end-times teaching (obviously the truth) help people seek to know more of God?

Personally I have found that discussing what God`s word says concerning the contemporary situation in the world and the line up of the 4 Super Powers as per Daniel 7, helps people to be able to make sense of what they see on the TV etc. It has created a hunger for these ones (I have been mentoring) to search more of scripture and learn to walk with God in their everyday life.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
harbourgrace
✟8,362.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So, was that a POSITIVE YES, or a DEFINITIVE NO?
Jude 23 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
23 and others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Answer Yes) I guess a lot of people will hear I don't know you, even that will not apply for they are so smart in their own eyes.
Matthew 5:29 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Luke 1:50 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
50 And his mercy is on them that fear him
from generation to generation.
Isaiah 29:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,
Proverbs 1:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Matthew 15:8-10 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jude 23 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
23 and others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Answer Yes) I guess a lot of people will hear I don't know you, even that will not apply for they are so smart in their own eyes.
Matthew 5:29 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Luke 1:50 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
50 And his mercy is on them that fear him
from generation to generation.
Isaiah 29:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me,
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,
Proverbs 1:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Matthew 15:8-10 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
What?

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
harbourgrace
✟8,362.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No you don't scare salvation into a person, but you sure can get their attention with fear!
When 57-67% of people calling themselves Christians don't believe Jesus is the ONLY way, you need something strong to get through to them at times.

With moslems, yea, show them God's true love through (Prophet) Jesus... because alla is not a god of love, he is a "trickster" who does mean-spirited things to his followers "because he can" they say. You don't read of a loving alla in their qu'ran...

But "as if snatching them from fire" (which we are) that implies FEAR folks, imo.

I think fear is at the base of most conversions, actually. The very thought one needs to have (versus I want to go to heaven) is I DON'T WANT TO GO TO HELL. What's behind that if not fear?
Judas checked out but he could never leave may this shed some light on the angel of light who laughs at our ignorance of his devices.
Ephesians 5:11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Upvote 0