Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Sabbath and Yes, it is my friend. I am elated that you came up with it. For Jesus said without me you can do nothing. But with me all things are possible.

And He also said in respect to Himself and His words, that God doeth the work. In other words God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

And what is really nice is that He has not left us helpless as He promised. He has come unto us. Christ in us the hope of Glory. Therefore it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure.

Amen, the Gospel, the good news in a nutshell. Just crack it open y'all and partake. In this He has given us all things that pertain to life AND godliness. God in Christ, Christ in us. That we may be one in Them that the world might believe.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath and Yes, it is my friend. I am elated that you came up with it. For Jesus said without me you can do nothing. But with me all things are possible.

And He also said in respect to Himself and His words, that God doeth the work. In other words God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

Yes, but what does Jesus mean (Abide in you?) It is written; John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: "the words" that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 15: 3 Now ye are clean "through the word" which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you.

This would mean "Abiding by the Words" which HE has spoken, Yes? "God's Word in us."

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me (The Word I have Spoken) ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, (Abide not in the Word I have spoken), he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide "in me", "and my words abide in you", ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

2 Cor. 5: 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the "word" of reconciliation.

So then, God's WORD was in Christ, yes? The "WORD" of reconciliation.

John 7: 16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine (Words) is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 17: 14 I have given them "thy word"; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Matt. 7: 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings (Words) of mine, "and doeth them", (Abide in them) I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

So then, God's Word was in Christ, in that the Christ "humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So then it seems the Jesus of the Bible, is the Christ, the Holy One of Israel their Redeemer, when HE was "Up where HE was before", who God sent to promote the "Word of Reconciliation", to Israel First, and then to the Gentiles. So then His Sabbaths, like all the other instructions in righteousness, "IS" the Word of Reconciliation.

This explains then why HE says, "Thou art make whole, now go and Transgress God's commandments no more".

And what is really nice is that He has not left us helpless as He promised. He has come unto us. Christ in us the hope of Glory. Therefore it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure.

Amen, we all have God's Oracles in our own Homes, and God's Word in our own minds. Men simply need to make the choice all men must make. Do we listen to the other seductive religious voices in the garden God placed us in, "who come in Christ's Name"? Or do we, as Paul teaches,

2 cor. 5: 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that "every one" may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Titus 2: 11 For the grace of God (His Word of reconciliation, Yes?) that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Amen, the Gospel, the good news in a nutshell. Just crack it open y'all and partake. In this He has given us all things that pertain to life AND godliness. God in Christ, Christ in us. That we may be one in Them that the world might believe.

Amen, as the Christ of the Bible teaches. "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not "live by" bread alone, but "by" every "word" that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 8: 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the "word of God".

Luke 11: 28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the "word of God", and keep it.

Even the Holy Sabbath Commandment.

Great Topic, great discussion for men to have on this Day that Gods Word in Christ and in me, esteems above the other 6 days of the week.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I assume one might think there is wisdom in what is said in this post that we are responding to. Sad thing that was not considered is it takes love for one another and God to keep the Sabbath HOLY, not take the Lord's name in vain, make no images or bow down to them, and to have no other gods before Him. Just like it takes love for one another and God to keep the other commandments, statutes and ordinances.
Does Israel keep the Sabbath Holy?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is a spiritual fallacy. Because someone else doesn't do what they should is no reason to not do what is right. Hypocrites are everywhere. The Jews rejected Jesus so we should too?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Those who are of the Israel "of the heart" most certainly do. Zacharias, Simeon, Anna, the Wise men, Peter, Cornelious, Paul, James etc.. These were all "Learned of the Father", and were of "them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality". They would be of those who "Sought First the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness". Like the Gentiles who would hear Moses every Sabbath Day being read in the Temple, or those in modern times who have the Oracles of God in their own homes, in their own minds as they sit in Moses Seat, reading the Law and Prophets themselves.

As the Jesus of the Bible teaches;

John 6: 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And your point is? How does that change the message?
For one you did not know that. If you did you would have not brought up the W/H.

And secondly Jesus Christ himself did not lead the people into the promised land. Joshua through Christ did. But it was not Jesus. You were saying it was Jesus. That is not true by any stretch.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Because being in the flesh is sinning. It is not adhering to what God moves us to be by His Spirit which the Law agrees with. The Law is for sinners. Where there is no transgression there is no Law. So if you are not under the Law you are not sinning, transgressing it. You are living by the faith which is in, through and of Christ Jesus.
Agreed. From what I see from what Paul generally teaches about being in the flesh, it seems to be that he defines it by trying to keep the Law in one's own strength, and walking in the Spirit is a total reliance on the finished work of Jesus on the Cross where one receives the righteousness of Christ as a free gift apart from any obligation to keep the Law.

Being born again of the Spirit of God means that we receive a new heart on which God's moral law is written, and as we are in the Spirit our new heart follows God's moral law as we are led by the Spirit, and our eyes are upon Christ.

This means that we are not condemned by our inability to follow the Law in our own strength. In fact, we can freely acknowledge that we have sin, according to 1 John 1:8, and confessing that we are sinners depending on God's grace and our faith in Christ, we are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. From what I see from what Paul generally teaches about being in the flesh, it seems to be that he defines it by trying to keep the Law in one's own strength, and walking in the Spirit is a total reliance on the finished work of Jesus on the Cross where one receives the righteousness of Christ as a free gift apart from any obligation to keep the Law.

I have heard this popular religious philosophy since my youth. I once had a lengthy Biblical discussion with a very nice, young Catholic Priest. He had completed all the necessary schooling to become "ordained" by the church, and he and I were discussing the difference between what Paul actually said, and what the religious sect who trained him taught that he said. Because there are so many contradictions that the Scriptures clearly point out, he finally stopped me, and reminded me that he was a "Catholic" priest, and the religious philosophy he promoted was "Catholicism". He then went on to tell me that if they taught what Jesus actually said, no one would go their church, and they wouldn't have a church, and all the great things the Catholics have done for this world and the people in it, would not have happened.

He also believed that everything he did and taught was directed by the Spirit of Christ. He told me if God wanted him to obey the Sabbath commandment, or many other of His Judgments by church traditions are transgressed, then God would have directed him to do them.

I found this fascinating. Because he was convinced that God created Laws that can only be obeyed by supernatural powers from God, and God withheld these powers from everyone except the Christ, even though HE punished those who transgressed. If he disobeyed God, it was because God didn't give him the power to obey Him. If he obeyed God, it was because God gave him power to obey.

In this religious philosophy, he was justified from all his behavior because it was God in him, directing his actions.

This is pretty much the same for all of this world's religions who "come in Christ's Name", as they preach that mankind has no obligation towards respecting or honoring God's "instruction in righteousness" on how to live Godly, Righteously and Holy in this present age.

So then, "many" men who call Jesus Lord, Lord, promote the philosophy that we Don't "Put on" the New man, we don't "Yield ourselves" servants to obey God. We don't "Labor that we might be accepted by Him", we don't "Deny ourselves", "Submit ourselves a living sacrifice", "Turn to God" or "Repent" because we have not been given the power from God to do any of these things.

While this is a great religious marketing strategy and has led to the creation of some of the wealthiest and powerful religious businesses this world has ever seen and absolves men of any participation or "self denial" in God's Salvation, it just doesn't align with what Jesus or Paul taught.

But it completely aligns with the warnings of Jesus and Paul regarding taking heed of the "many" who "Profess to know God".

Being born again of the Spirit of God means that we receive a new heart on which God's moral law is written, and as we are in the Spirit our new heart follows God's moral law as we are led by the Spirit, and our eyes are upon Christ.

Here is what the Jesus of the Bible says.

John 6: 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So the Spirit of God in my Mind, is the "Words" of God in my mind. The "words" spoken by the Same Christ who was "Up where he was before" nourishing the Children of Israel. At least according to Paul and Jesus.

Matt. 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matt. 8: 16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Matt. 13: 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Rom. 10: 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Cor. 5: 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word "of reconciliation".

So I am not going to Judge God or His Word as "moral" or "Immoral" as do the "many" who come in Christ's Name. I am led by the Spirit of God, which the entire bible teaches is the "Word of God". This is what the Jesus of the bible teaches.

This means that we are not condemned by our inability to follow the Law in our own strength.

There is one reason why men reject God's Word, and it is simply unbelief. The preaching that God doesn't give mankind the ability to "Believe Him" is absurd, and yet, this is the very foundation of many religious sects and businesses that come in Christ's Name. I advocate for men to stop listening to the "other voices" in the garden placed us in, and Cling to the "Word of God", like Jesus and all the Faithful in Scriptures did, and taught others to do as well.

In fact, we can freely acknowledge that we have sin, according to 1 John 1:8, and confessing that we are sinners depending on God's grace and our faith in Christ, we are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

Here is what the Scriptures teach about men sinning after being "learned of God".

Heb. 10: 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Repentance means a lot more that just saying we have sinned. And as Jesus said to those HJE cleansed, "Now go and sin no more". I don't believe Jesus was deceiving men when HE told them to do this. But without the Word of God, it is impossible to "go and sin no more".

So given these truths, when Paul says to "Walk in the Spirit", he means walking in the Word of God. There is no Law against the Word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This means that we are not condemned by our inability to follow the Law in our own strength. In fact, we can freely acknowledge that we have sin, according to 1 John 1:8, and confessing that we are sinners depending on God's grace and our faith in Christ, we are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.
And does the Law differ when it goes in the heart, its the same just within our hearts and minds..

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your conscience says it is, yes. Otherwise, no. Thus, it's important to not to present it as a necessity in the New Covenant era in the Law of Christ.
So who burns in the lake of fire, your conscience or you. Need to think that thruogh...

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your conscience says it is, yes. Otherwise, no. Thus, it's important to not to present it as a necessity in the New Covenant era in the Law of Christ.
Aleister Crowley put it like this,”do thy own will.” Probably better to follow Jesus.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So who burns in the lake of fire, your conscience or you. Need to think that thruogh...
Hopefully, neither of us. :)

Upvote 0