Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it is. In God's final warning messages to the world we find a call to worship the Creator.
Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The call to worship in Revelation 14:7 brings us back to the Sabbath Commandment which God set aside specifically for holy purposes:
Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Throughout the scriptures we can see an emphasis on the recognition of the Creator.
Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psalm 96:4-5
4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Psalm 121:1-2
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Acts 4:24
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

By keeping the Sabbath holy, as He commanded us, we show our love for Him and give recognition of His authority in our life.
1 John 5:1-3
1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Now some people say it doesn't matter what day we worship and God doesn't care, but He does.
Isaiah 58:14
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

And Christ Himself set for us the example...
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is. In God's final warning messages to the world we find a call to worship the Creator.
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The call to worship in Revelation 14:7 brings us back to the Sabbath Commandment which God set aside specifically for holy purposes:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Throughout the scriptures we can see an emphasis on the recognition of the Creator.
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

By keeping the Sabbath holy, as He commanded us, we show our love for Him and give recognition of His authority in our life.
1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Now some people say it doesn't matter what day we worship and God doesn't care, but He does.
13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Yes, obeying God the way He asks shows our respect and love to Him.

Happy Sabbath! :heartpulse:

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi nice post reddogs. Reminds me of how Doug would layout his amazing facts bible studies. How did you become an SDA my friend? @SabbathBlessings and @Freth I am curious about you guy salso. How did you come to the point where you were exposed to the truth as SDA's see it? Or for that matter How did you come to realize you need Christ in your life?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi nice post reddogs. Reminds me of how Doug would layout his amazing facts bible studies. How did you become an SDA my friend? @SabbathBlessings and @Freth I am curious about you guy salso. How did you come to the point where you were exposed to the truth as SDA's see it? Or for that matter How did you come to realize you need Christ in your life?
Sure! I'll respond soon. :)

• Love
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sure! I'll respond soon. :)
@HIM

This is how I became an Adventist....sorry for the long reply, its hard to condense everything, but will do my best.

I was raised as an Adventist; my father was an SDA minister and I was baptized in the church around 12yo. I remember reading the bible and studying to the best of my abilities at that age, but by the time I was 17 yo I wanted nothing to do with religion, instead wanted to do my own thing, especially on Sabbath. I never questioned which day was the Sabbath, it's in the Ten Commandments spoken personally by God Himself, but I wanted to do my own thing and I did, which caused me to leave home at a young age.

Fast forward in my twenties, I lived near my grandparents, and I loved my grandmother as if she were my own mother. She is probably the best example I know of someone who not only talked the talk, but walked the walk and I have never seen anyone glow from the inside out like my grandmother, especially reading the bible or an EW book, she was loved by so many and it used to annoy me when I visited she would always have someone over who just loved to sit and talk with her. She had a sanctifying influence on so many. We were all very fortunate to be close to Pastor Doug Batchelor's church and my grandmother used to attend (this was before he was as popular as he is now) but I went once in my mid-twenties and remember actually listening to the Pastor and started to go every week, not just to see my grandparents but I was enjoying the sermons although not fully committed. This lasted about two years until I started dating a non-Christian and stopped going to church regularly, I would attend occasionally over the years, even occasionally attending some Sunday churches. I always believed in God but following Him was not that important to me at that time.

Many years later, I ended up marrying a non-Christian, one with really good values but he was never taught on any religion. I do remember praying to God to send me the right person for me and shortly after that met my husband. He did not marry an Adventist though. It was several years in the marriage I would start feeling the Holy Spirit working on me. The small twinges of guilt going to Home Depot on Sabbath, treating the Sabbath as a normal day instead of God's holy day and I would start feeling these twinges of guilt but would push them away. I never "worked" per say on the Sabbath but was not keeping it holy according to the commandment. The Holy Spirit started really working in my life when I decided to cash out of my retirement and invest it in a commercial cafe with some manufacturing aspect to it. We opened up the manufacturing side of things first and this allowed me to be closed on the weekends. It was always the intent of opening several cafes which of course would be open 7 days a week, but I pushed those ideas aside and focused on the first manufacturing cafe we opened that was closed on the weekends, by design so I would not work on the Sabbath, but still not keeping it holy either. It wasn't until we signed a lease on the first cafe that in the lease agreement required it to be open 7 days a week, the guilt really started weighing on me. It really bothered me but went forward with it focusing on the design of the cafe which I had a great time with. The minute the cafe was open, I realized I made a huge mistake and at this time the Holy Spirit was really working on me, and I was no longer pushing those feeling aside. I had to keep going, but I was no longer enjoying this new venture. Finally, about 5 months after opening the cafe I could no longer ignore the Holy Spirit calling on me, it was really strong, I remember getting on my knees and praying asking God to forgive me and to help me get out of the lease we signed along with a personal guarantee and was not just the risk of losing all of my retirement, we risked losing everything, our house savings everything, but my prayer was that I could obey Him. At that point I didn't care about losing everything, going away from God and the conviction I had on my sin was so powerful and I remember when praying for help and forgiveness having such a strong presence of the Holy Spirit. I made the decision that day to start going back to church and no longer be open on Sabbath regardless of the consequences. I immediately called a broker to help me sell my business and these types of businesses are hard enough to sell, but than Covid hit. Our business lost 95% of its revenue overnight, but the good thing was God answered my prayer and we could be closed on Sabbath. I didn't care about the revenue, I was so happy to have the business closed on Saturdays and started going to church even though it was outdoors at the time and hubby went too. About 3 to 4 weeks into Covid I received a call from my broker stating someone wanted to meet to talk about buying my business. I know this was a miracle from God because no one was buying these types of businesses during the initial stages of Covid. We met with the buyer, and I didn't take him seriously because I felt he was not asking the right questions, he hardly asked any questions, didn't ask to see revenue reports post Covid, didn't ask for much. However, a week later he made almost a full ask offer and we closed a couple months later. The devil tried to stop the sale through a property manager who would not reassign the lease agreement to one of the locations, I had to go over his head to the owner, which did not go over well and almost lost the whole deal due to this situation, but with God's help we prevailed, we got the business sold and have been keeping the Sabbath ever since. This was just the beginning of turning my life over to Christ and really studying the bible. I became a member of the Adventist church several years later after careful study of the bible and later being re-baptized. We have since moved, no longer near Pastor Doug's church and finding the right Adventist church has had its challenges and even through I feel strongly the SDA doctrine aligns closest with the bible, I do recognize not all SDA pastors and churches are created equal. My favorite Pastors to listen to are Pastor Doug, Pastor Bradshaw and Pastor Bohr, although we are fortunate to have many really good pastors. My life has totally changed once I accepted Christ first in my life, it's not always easy, but I am much happier now living for Christ then when I lived for the world. I can’t wait for Jesus to come!

What about you Him, how did you accept Christ and what is your story?

Last edited:
  • Love
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is how I became an Adventist....sorry for the long reply, its hard to condense everything, but will do my best.

I was raised as an Adventist; my father was an SDA minister and I was baptized in the church around 12yo. I remember reading the bible and studying to the best of my abilities at that age, but by the time I was 17 yo I wanted nothing to do with religion, but instead wanted to do my own thing, especially on Sabbath. I never questioned which day was the Sabbath, it's in the Ten Commandments spoken personally by God Himself, but I wanted to do my own thing and I did, which caused me to leave home at a young age.

Fast forward in my twenties, I lived near my grandparents, and I loved my grandmother as if she were my own mother. She is probably the best example I know of someone who not only talked the talk, but walked the walk and I have never seen anyone glow from the inside out like my grandmother, especially reading the bible or an EW book, she was loved by so many and it used to annoy me when I visited she would always have someone over who just loved to sit and talk with her. She had a sanctifying influence on so many. We were all very fortunate to be close to Pastor Doug Batchelor's church and my grandmother used to attend (this was before he was as popular as he is now) but I went once in my early twenties and remember actually listening to the Pastor and started to go every week, not just to see my grandparents but I was enjoying the sermons although not fully committed. This lasted about two years until I started dating a non-Christian and stopped going to church regularly, I would attend occasionally over the years, even occasionally attending some Sunday churches. I always believed in God but following Him was not that important to me at that time.

Many years later, I ended up marrying a non-Christian, one with really good values but he was never taught on any religion. I do remember praying to God to send me the right person for me and shortly after that met my husband. He did not marry an Adventist though. It was several years in the marriage I would start feeling the Holy Spirit working on me. The small twinges of guilt going to Home Depot on Sabbath, treating the Sabbath as a normal day instead of God's holy day and I would start feeling these twinges of guilt but would push them away. I never "worked" per say on the Sabbath but was not keeping it holy according to the commandment. The Holy Spirit started really working in my life when I decided to cash out of my retirement and invest it in a commercial cafe with some manufacturing aspect to it. We opened up the manufacturing side of things first and this allowed me to be closed on the weekends. It was always the intent of opening several cafes which of course would be open 7 days a week, but I pushed those ideas aside and focused on the first cafe we opened that was closed on the weekends, by design so I would not work on the Sabbath, but still not keeping it holy either. It wasn't until we signed a lease on the first cafe that in the lease agreement required it to be open 7 days a week, the guilt really started weighing on me. It really bothered me but went forward with it focusing on the design of the cafe which I had a great time with. The minute the cafe was open, I realized I made a huge mistake and at this time the Holy Spirit was really working on me, and I was no longer pushing those feeling aside. I had to keep going, but I was no longer enjoying this new venture. Finally, about 5 months after opening the cafe I could no longer ignore the Holy Spirit calling on me, it was really strong, I remember getting on my knees and praying asking God to forgive me and to help me get out of the we signed along with a personal guarantee and was not just the risk of losing all of my retirement, we risked losing everything, our house savings everything, but my prayer was that I could obey Him. At that point I didn't care about losing everything, going away from God and the conviction I had on my sin was so powerful and I remember when praying for help and forgiveness having such a strong presence of the Holy Spirit. I made the decision that day to start going back to church and no longer be open on Sabbath regardless of the consequences. I immediately called a broker to help me sell my business and these types of businesses are hard enough to sell, but than Covid hit. Our business lost 95% of its revenue overnight, but the good thing was God answered my prayer and we could be closed on Sabbath. I didn't care about the revenue, I was so happy to have the business closed on Saturdays and started going to church even though it was outdoors at the time and hubby went too. About 3 to 4 weeks into Covid I received a call from my broker stating someone wanted to meet to talk about buying my business. I know this was a miracle from God because no one was buying these types of businesses during the initial stages of Covid. We met with the buyer, and I didn't take him seriously because I felt he was not asking the right questions, he hardly asked any questions, didn't ask to see revenue reports post Covid, didn't ask for much. However, a week later he made almost a full ask offer and we closed a couple months later. The devil tried to stop the sale through a property manager who would not reassign the lease agreement to one of the locations, I had to go over his head to the owner, which did not go over well and almost lost the whole deal due to this situation, but with God's help we prevailed, we got the business sold and have been keeping the Sabbath ever since. This was just the beginning of turning my life over to Christ and really studying the bible. I became a member of the Adventist church several years after careful study of the bible and later being re-baptized. We have since moved, no longer near Pastor Doug's church and finding the right Adventist church has had its challenges and even through I feel strongly the SDA doctrine aligns closest with the bible, I do recognize not all SDA pastors and churches are created equal. My favorite Pastors to listen to are Pastor Doug and Pastor Bohr, although we are fortunate to have many really good pastors. My life has totally changed once I accepted Christ first in my life, it's not always easy, but I am much happier now living for Christ then when I lived for the world.

What about you Him, how did you accept Christ and what is your story?
Praise God! And the journey continues. It will take me longer to get back to you. Please be patient.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi reddogs,

The logic would apply to the entire Book of Leviticus, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If your conscience says it is, yes. Otherwise, no. Thus, it's important to not to present it as a necessity in the New Covenant era in the Law of Christ.
It's always important to obey God, the way He asks. Just like we should only worship God, not vain His holy name, not covet or murder- God never separated the Sabbath commandment from His commandments, the way man has, they came in a unit of Ten and the He who said not to murder or commit adultery is the He who said Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12. All throughout the NC era we see Jesus and the apostles teaching us to keep the commandments of God. Regardless of people's objection to the Sabbath commandment, it is a commandment of God. Jesus, the apostles and His followers all kept the Sabbath commandment- sounds like good company to be in.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Christ is clear that we need to have love in our hearts we see it in over and over..

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him,

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

And Christ clearly says to keep the commandments

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If your conscience says it is, yes. Otherwise, no. Thus, it's important to not to present it as a necessity in the New Covenant era in the Law of Christ.
The Bible does not support that we are free to rebel against God's commands to keep the Sabbath holy, to refrain from committing murder, adultery, theft, idolatry, kidnapping, rape, favoritism, or any of God's other commands just as long our it doesn't bother our conscience, but rather if rebelling against God doesn't bother someone's conscience, then that means that they have a seared conscience. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Law of God, which includes the command to keep the Sabbath holy, and the Law of Christ is not in opposition to obeying the Law of God.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How is it that the Pharisees broke God's law repeatedly and yet their consciences didn't bother them enough to stop what they were doing?

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not support that we are free to rebel against God's commands
Agreed with the caveat that they are God's commands for us in the NC era,
to keep the Sabbath holy,
I don't currently see this in the NC commandments of God.
to refrain from committing murder, adultery, theft, idolatry, kidnapping, rape, favoritism,
I think we can pick these up from the NC writings re: sin.
or any of God's other commands
Much too broad in itself while also knowing some of your writing.
just as long our it doesn't bother our conscience,
Conscience has always been important. For those without law it revealed some men being a law unto themselves (Rom2). In the NC era conscience is extremely important as perfection of it is one of the main issues brought out in regard to the Great High Priesthood of Jesus Christ (Heb9). In light of this Paul writes about protecting it (1Cor8).
but rather if rebelling against God doesn't bother someone's conscience, then that means that they have a seared conscience.
There's also an uneducated conscience - a weak conscience. So, see above.
In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Law of God, which includes the command to keep the Sabbath holy, and the Law of Christ is not in opposition to obeying the Law of God.
I'm good with all the above except the Sabbath portion as I understand you to mean observance of the 7th day of the week. I don't see it in the Law of Christ, which, yes, is not in opposition to the Law of God as it now stands.

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is it that the Pharisees broke God's law repeatedly and yet their consciences didn't bother them enough to stop what they were doing?
Unbelief and seared consciences (ask @Soyeong and @SabbathBlessings about this since they mentioned the seared conscience issue).

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Unbelief and seared consciences (ask @Soyeong and @SabbathBlessings about this since they mentioned the seared conscience issue).
Why don't you come over to the ga'al and the Is sinning necessary threads and discuss your beliefs with me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fourth commandment was to keep the sabbath day holy. If you believe this is a requirement for us to observe now you bring yourself under the law. You no longer are walking in grace. The Ten Commandments carried a curse. That curse is that if you violate the least commandment you are held guilty of them all. So my question would be does those who say they keep the sabbath day holy do they violate any other? If they do then they are guilty of them all. Paul rebuked the Galatians for bring themselves back under the law after receiving grace through faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fourth commandment was to keep the sabbath day holy. If you believe this is a requirement for us to observe now you bring yourself under the law. You no longer are walking in grace. The Ten Commandments carried a curse. That curse is that if you violate the least commandment you are held guilty of them all. So my question would be does those who say they keep the sabbath day holy do they violate any other? If they do then they are guilty of them all. Paul rebuked the Galatians for bring themselves back under the law after receiving grace through faith in Christ.
Curious if you apply this reasoning to the other 9 commandments? Is it a curse to only worship God? A curse to use His name in a holy manner? A curse not to murder a curse not to covet? Why would you apply this reasoning only to the 4th commandment that God said is holy and blessed and once God blesses, man cannot reverse Num 23:20 holy and blessed by God is not the definition of cursed. :)

The curse is the breaking God's holy law- the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23 the death sentence is the curse not God's law which is holy and righteous Romans 7:12 All the law does is show us our sin and our need for Jesus for His mercy and grace. Rom 7:7 Pro 28:13

God's law should be kept through love and faith John 14:15, Exo 20:6 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 , which of course includes the Sabbath commandment that Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers kept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curious if you apply this reasoning to the other 9 commandments? Is it a curse to only worship God? A curse to use His name in a holy manner? A curse not to murder a curse not to covet? Why would you apply this reasoning only to the 4th commandment that God said is holy and blessed and once God blesses, man cannot reverse Num 23:20 holy and blessed by God is not the definition of cursed. :)

The curse is the breaking God's holy law- the wages of sin is death Rom 6:23 the death sentence is the curse not God's law which is holy and righteous Romans 7:12

God's law should be kept through love and faith John 14:15, Exo 20:6 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 , which of course includes the Sabbath commandment that Jesus, the apostles and His faithful followers kept.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s written that the the law is perfect but man isn’t. The law was given to teach us that we were in sin. By applying a curse to it taught men they were in sin. Can you personally say you have kept all 10? If you have failed in one you are guilty of them all. This was the curse. Even Christ healed on the sabbath. He picked corn from the field on the sabbath. Even the Pharisees accused him as violating the sabbath.
I just wanted to point out the curse the law Carrie’s to those who live by it as their means of righteousness.

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s written that the the law is perfect but man isn’t. The law was given to teach us that we were in sin.
Agree, God's law shows us our sin Romans 3:20 Romans 7:7 and our need for Jesus and His grace. But grace is not a license to keep sinning Romans 6:1-2 When Jesus healed He said go and sin no more

By applying a curse to it taught men they were in sin.
The curse is through our disobedience to God's law which leads to death- death is the curse Romans 6:23 Jesus gave us another option and became that curse for us. Through the blood of Jesus when we repent of our sins (breaking God's law) He can cleanse us from all unrighteousness 1 John 1:9 but true repentance means we have a sorry heart and want to turn from our sin and look to Jesus who if we have faith is more powerful to keep us from sin, than the devil is to keep us in sin. Our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21 not in sin
Can you personally say you have kept all 10?
I am a sinner and in need of Jesus, but I also believe that though Jesus all things are possible including gaining victory of sin. If we stumble along the way, we have a High Priest who is longsuffering and full of mercy when we go to Him with a sorry heart and through the power of Jesus Christ He can change us from the inside out and re-create us in the image of God. God's law is a reflection of His character who we need to become like.
If you have failed in one you are guilty of them all.
Yes, James makes this clear quoting and contrasting directly from the Ten Commandments James 2:10-12. The solution is not doing away with the law, which we would just cover our sins. Scripture makes this clear.

Pro 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
Even Christ healed on the sabbath. He picked corn from the field on the sabbath. Even the Pharisees accused him as violating the sabbath.
I hope you are not siding with the Pharisees who accused Jesus of sinning when He did not John 8:46-47 Hebrews 4:15 1 Peter 2:21-22, they also accused Him of not being God, which I hope to think you do not believe this lie either.
I just wanted to point out the curse the law Carrie’s to those who live by it as their means of righteousness.
We are not made righteous by obeying God's law, which means we can save ourselves and we can't. Obeying God leads to righteousness, obeying sin leads to death. Romans 6:16 Righteousness is by faith and through faith we uphold God's law Romans 3:31 in our daily decisions, through love to God we keep His commandments 1 John 5:3, John 14:15, Exo 20:6 we do not have to do it alone but it requires our cooperation, faith and love John 14:15-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0