Is it bad that I prayed when I accepted Christ?

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe that there are "hyper Calvinists" that is something made up by Arminians ..I am a Supralapsarianist ...Yet I believe that God ordains that we pray for individuals to be saved
This is a 'Christian Advice' forum, so I don't want to get into the whole infra vs supra thing. You can start a thread and give me a heads up on it if you wish. :)

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it bad that I prayed when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior as well as His sacrifice for my sins and resurrection? It is an outward manifestation of an inward belief. I've actually had someone tell me that it was bad that I prayed when I received Christ.
Nope-and keep doing it.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it bad that I prayed when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior as well as His sacrifice for my sins and resurrection? It is an outward manifestation of an inward belief. I've actually had someone tell me that it was bad that I prayed when I received Christ.
Wow that's crazy. By all means, prayers and confession are a good thing. How can you accept Christ without praying? He's the one you have to confess to!

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Belief, Trust, Faith is the means by which God has given mankind to receive eternal life. Prayer is not bad, but that is not how a person receives eternal life.

A person receives eternal life when they believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from Old Testament prophecies and trust in The Messiah for the gift of His eternal life.

You can believe this without having to say a prayer.
If we confess with our mouth and believe in our hearts... how can you confess to God without praying?

Upvote 0