Is Flat Earth Promoter Eric Dubay a Holocaust Denier ?

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It appears that Flat Earth promoter Eric Dubay is a Holocaust Denier.

Why the Holocaust Denial?

I wonder if Flat Earth enthusiasts understand that Dubay is the source for most of their arguments for Flat Earth and against the Globe Earth ?

Some of these are ...

"The horizon appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around ... "
"The horizon always rises to one's eye-level."
"Water always finds its level."
"Surveyors, engineers, and architects do not take curve into account."
"Planes would need to constantly dip their noses on a Globe Earth."

Dubay also references Airy's Failure, the Michelson-Morley and Sagnac experiments, and his incredulity regarding the ability of gravity to hold the oceans to a globe, while simultaneously allowing for bird and butterfly flight.

Just about every Flat Earth argument can find it's origin in Eric Dubay's "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball"

The PDF can be downloaded at the link below ...

http://www.freepdf.info/index.php?post/Eric-Dubay-200-proofs-earth-is-not-a-spinning-ball

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I always wonder about this. If you're dismissing a globe Earth why maintain a round Earth? Why not square? or hexagonal? or irregular? or any other shape or configuration that is not round? No one has ever mapped out an edge so how does any flat-earther know what actual shape it is?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,826.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I'm not surprised that a conspiracy theorist is also another more dangerous and unpleasant kind of conspiracy theorist.

But, I don't think we should tar the common flat-eather with the neo-nazi brush. Let's be honest, most flat earth ideas are so low information that you don't need to go back to the source to understand the concept.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,826.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I always wonder about this. If you're dismissing a globe Earth why maintain a round Earth? Why not square? or hexagonal? or irregular? or any other shape or configuration that is not round? No one has ever mapped out an edge so how does any flat-earther know what actual shape it is?
I think the ability to squash the established map into something that, more or less, feels rational (harder in the southern hemisphere) is the appeal.

Antarctica is effectively the "end of the world", just making it the literal edge is probably easy on the brain.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It appears that Flat Earth promoter Eric Dubay is a Holocaust Denier.

Why the Holocaust Denial?

I wonder if Flat Earth enthusiasts understand that Dubay is the source for most of their arguments for Flat Earth and against the Globe Earth ?

Some of these are ...

"The horizon always rises to one's eye-level."
"Water always finds its level."
"Surveyors, engineers, and architects do not take curve into account."
"Planes would need to constantly dip their noses on a Globe Earth."

Dubay also references Airy's Failure, the Michelson_Morley and Sagnac experiments, and his incredulity regarding the ability of gravity to hold the oceans to a globe, while simultaneously allowing for bird and butterfly flight.

Just about every Flat Earth argument can find it's origin in Eric Dubay's "200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball"

The PDF can be downloaded at the link below ...

http://www.freepdf.info/index.php?post/Eric-Dubay-200-proofs-earth-is-not-a-spinning-ball

And his toilet paper, rolls off the top or up from the bottom?

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
FWIW,
you can be a non racist and disbelieve the holocaust.
The primary driver for NOT believing in the holocaust has more to do with conspiracy theory psychology than it does racism.

Conspiracy theorists are all about NOT believing the stuff that is mainstream. They derive their sense of intellectual superiority by discovering "the truth" that the rest of us are just too dumb and blind to see...

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
FWIW,
you can be a non racist and disbelieve the holocaust.
The primary driver for NOT believing in the holocaust has more to do with conspiracy theory psychology than it does racism.

Conspiracy theorists are all about NOT believing the stuff that is mainstream. They derive their sense of intellectual superiority by discovering "the truth" that the rest of us are just too dumb and blind to see...

I agree.

But at the same time, I also see the very significant statistical correlation between holocaust deniers and purebred racists.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree.

But at the same time, I also see the very significant statistical correlation between holocaust deniers and purebred racists.
correlation-does-not-imply-causation.png

i-2eee97a9acb6558021e2925d9428d026-Lemongraph.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Correlation does not imply causation.

I didn't say it did.

In fact, my "I agree" with wich I started the post, implicitly acknowledges that, since I was agreeing with the point that racism doesn't cause one to be a holocaust denier, nore does being a holocaust denier cause you being racist...

It also doesn't make holocaust denial a racist thing.

Nonetheless, it's also true that holocaust deniers, frequently are in fact also racists.

So I didn't assert a causation.
I asserted a correlation.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Correlation does not imply causation.

I just thought of a hilarious side bit to put in one of my books/stories...

A kid becomes a mega rich genius stock trader who just defies all the odds... He does this by using correlation and completely ignoring causation. His point, "who cares what the cause is if you can spot the trends" :D

Women's skirt length vs the Dow Jones, lemons imported into the USA from Mexico vs Kentucky derby race winner names.....

in any event, I can have a lot of fun with this concept :p

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't say it did.
Nonetheless, it's also true that holocaust deniers, frequently are in fact also racists.
So I didn't assert a causation.I asserted a correlation.

Surprisingly they also all claim to be human. What a coincidence.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,826.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I disapprove of attacking flat Earthers because one of their number is a holocaust dernier.

In contrast, I think anyone who thinks holocaust denial is merely a correlation with racism is being disingenuous to say the least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Theory X is false because person A believes both theory X and Y and Y is clearly false."

That is a fundamentally falacious and intellectually dishonest argument. Especially if theory Y in fact is not proven false.

"Theory X is false because if you believe that theory then you are racist."

Also fallacious and highly intellectually dishonest. We have people out there advocating for radical depopulation--of the PLANET. Take the taboo out of it and hear the arguments.

Upvote 0