Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
And I'm sure you've looked everywhere for such a person.

Perhaps you could point me to some then.

Otherwise it just speaks to the fact that Flat Earthers don't appear to be checking anything out for themselves.

Have you ever tried basic astronomy?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure. Within two years, you'll be like me, knowing the truth concerning the shape of the earth and being constantly ridiculed by the 'smart' people.

Do you believe that we have gone into space?

If so, what do you believe about the moon landing, satellites, planetary rovers, etc?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you believe that we have gone into space?

If so, what do you believe about the moon landing, satellites, planetary rovers, etc?

'There's no such thing as space and they're all fake.'

^Is what he would say, just for clarification.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could point me to some then.

Otherwise it just speaks to the fact that Flat Earthers don't appear to be checking anything out for themselves.

Have you ever tried basic astronomy?

Doesn't speak to anything other than your own assumptions.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So you think space travel is real then?

I'm just going by experience.

Again, have you tried basic astronomy? Why keep avoiding the question?

I've had these discussions with both of you months ago. The only thing you two could do was whine and ridicule. If you wish to relive your childish behaviors, I suggest you go find these conversations and read them again.

I will not subject myself to answering questions from either of you. That ship has sailed.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I've had these discussions with both of you months ago. The only thing you two could do was whine and ridicule. If you wish to relive your childish behaviors, I suggest you go find these conversations and read them again.

All I did was ask if you have ever performed basic astronomy. Instead of answering the question you have once again become extremely defensive and evasive.

This is on you.

(I can understand the evasion though. Even basic understanding of how a telescope tracks the sky at night refutes the notion of a flat Earth. In fact, I think I may start a thread on that.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I always ask Flat Earthers about satellites. The responses are invariably that they don't exist or they are just airplanes or weather balloons.

The former claim holds no water given satellites are visibly observable. And the latter claims also hold no water since they are many satellites that have predictive orbits and are quite distinct from either weather balloons or airplanes.

My impression is that Flat Earthers have never looked at the night sky to view satellites or they wouldn't make these claims in the first place.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My apologies for not keeping up with this. I have been spending pretty much all my free time on school this term. I still have not taken my Phoenix trip; kept getting delayed for various reasons. But, I now have tickets in hand. I'm flying out on March 30, and will do what I can to make this happen.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,223,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,650.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This experiment has already been done.

NASA IMAGE satellite,Ask the Space Scientist Archive

However, I doubt it would have taken into account any gravitational anomalies, such as the thickness of the crust, nearby mountains, etc. So your results may vary.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This experiment has already been done.

NASA IMAGE satellite,Ask the Space Scientist Archive

However, I doubt it would have taken into account any gravitational anomalies, such as the thickness of the crust, nearby mountains, etc. So your results may vary.

Well, I certainly didn't think I was breaking any new ground. Just a fun, easy thing to do on my own.

That said, my trip is in question now because of this dang virus. Been some talk of a travel ban for my home state...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I certainly didn't think I was breaking any new ground. Just a fun, easy thing to do on my own.

That said, my trip is in question now because of this dang virus. Been some talk of a travel ban for my home state...

The virus is really just a coverup by the globe earth conspiracy in order to stop you from performing your experiment and revealing that the earth is flat.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,754.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The virus is really just a coverup by the globe earth conspiracy in order to stop you from performing your experiment and revealing that the earth is flat.
This seems unlikely. I've seen graphic representations of the virus and it is spherical.
Wait! Do you suspect this is also a lie. Is the virus just as flat as the Earth? Where will all this end?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. Most of my Easter eggs either go unnoticed, or certainly unremarked.

Or people roll their eyes and leave it at that. ;)

Upvote 0