The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core?

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Anguspure

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Does it hide a darker core...?"

Only a spheroid hides a "core." :globemeridians: ;)

Platygeism portends to hide four really big elephants and one, even bigger, turtle!
:elephant:
:elephant::turtle::elephant:
:elephant:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I don't want to be a flat Earther," David Weiss says, his voice weary as he reflects on his personal awakening. "Would you wake up in the morning and want everyone to think you're an idiot?"

The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core? - CNN

If it became the seeming face of Christianity to many out there knowing little of it, it might be a means by which Christianity would be greatly slandered.

Even much worse than anything yet.

So that the numbers in churches in 10 or 20 years might fall off tremendously, as the increasing slanders against the faith would be like a powerful storm, and only only those doing Matthew 7:24-25 can endure such storms.

Those instead going the Matthew 7:26-27 way (hearing Christ's words but not doing as He said) would collapse, losing faith, and with it salvation.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It's a joke right? The knowledge of a spherical earth was never lost to Western civilizations (or the Eastern civilizations for that matter) even in the dark ages.

All over-dramatized that flat earth is spreading around the globe. The VAST VAST VAST majority of people on earth knows the earth is not flat. It's a shame CNN even deem it a serious story. It's something I'm expecting from sites like The Onion.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,991.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
It's a joke right? The knowledge of a spherical earth was never lost to Western civilizations (or the Eastern civilizations for that matter) even in the dark ages.

All over-dramatized that flat earth is spreading around the globe. The VAST VAST VAST majority of people on earth knows the earth is not flat. It's a shame CNN even deem it a serious story. It's something I'm expecting from sites like The Onion.
Take a look around the science forums on this site, they are definitely growing in number.

Often it seems to grow out of existing feelings of betrayal by authority and belief in conspiracy.

So a lot of the Flat Earhers seem to have been Young Earth Creationists or Climate Change deniers... then took a further step.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Take a look around the science forums on this site, they are definitely growing in number.

Often it seems to grow out of existing feelings of betrayal by authority and belief in conspiracy.

So a lot of the Flat Earhers seem to have been Young Earth Creationists or Climate Change deniers... then took a further step.

I highly doubt they are growing as alarming as CNN tried to portray. If 100 people in this forum said water is dry it's just 100 out of 7 billion human on earth. It's the same as people taking memes about Pepe as raise of far rights.

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Flat-earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself...
almost haha..... they may not fear, but are rebelling against deception by authorities...(which is common every day).... and people want SOMETHING to hold on to, to be as if they can be with others rejecting the deceptive system(s) of authority in the world everywhere - so that may be why it is popular so much, and growing...

OR may be that the first step is flat earth , unrelated to yec or cc.... whatever they hear of first that seems to them like a kind of freedom from the massive deception world wide in most all and other areas....
--------------------------------------
with media controlled, censored, and fake news today as it is, who knows.....
I highly doubt they are growing as alarming as CNN tried to portray. If 100 people in this forum said water is dry it's just 100 out of 7 billion human on earth. ......
... who knows..... there are some forums on the web with maybe over 100,000 members if not active posters.... all contributing to 'other directions' of their own making, or worse..... all or often as written in Scripture "for lack of <true> <experiential> knowledge , even as "My people perish" (slowly or quicker), so also more multitudes not His people perish ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's living proof that evolution is false. Humanity is going backwards.

You do realize that most people rank evolution deniers right there with flat earthers ?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,991.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
almost haha..... they may not fear, but are rebelling against deception by authorities...(which is common every day).... and people want SOMETHING to hold on to, to be as if they can be with others rejecting the deceptive system(s) of authority in the world everywhere - so that may be why it is popular so much, and growing...
OR may be that the first step is flat earth , unrelated to yec or cc.... whatever they hear of first that seems to them like a kind of freedom from the massive deception world wide in most all and other areas....
--------------------------------------
with media controlled, censored, and fake news today as it is, who knows.....

... who knows..... there are some forums on the web with maybe over 100,000 members if not active posters.... all contributing to 'other directions' of their own making, or worse..... all or often as written in Scripture "for lack of <true> <experiential> knowledge , even as "My people perish" (slowly or quicker), so also more multitudes not His people perish ....
Well, that was a perfect demonstration of my point.

What is your opinion on the shape of the planet?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The difference is that when it comes to Creation affirmation there are many PHD biological scientists who support it.

Great list. Not that it means much in the grand scale. You probably could get same kind of list for flat earthers.

Level of support for evolution - Wikipedia

"Nearly all (around 97%) of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity.[1][2] Scientific associations have strongly rebutted and refuted the challenges to evolution proposed by intelligent design proponents.[3]"

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great list. Not that it means much in the grand scale. You probably could get same kind of list for flat earthers.

Level of support for evolution - Wikipedia

"Nearly all (around 97%) of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity.[1][2] Scientific associations have strongly rebutted and refuted the challenges to evolution proposed by intelligent design proponents.[3]"
Truth is not something arrived at by democratic process (and is often spectacularly wrong when people maintain an idea on that basis).

My point is not that any huge percentage of scientists are affirming Creation or Intelligent Design but that many credible and accredited minds do in fact do so, and have written peer reviewed papers and books in support. That there are not more is more likely to be a matter of financial or career expediency against the Scientistic inquisitorial consensus than it is about the truth of the matter.

A key difference between evolution and flat earth is that evolution (defined as the origin of biological invention through a purely material and non-intelligent mechanism or law) has little no practical application.
I have never heard of a person in a field of applied science (Maritime, Avionics, Geography, Civil Engineering etc) who maintains flat Earth because the fact is that their work would be a disaster if they did, not because of the consensus of academics but because things in the real world simply do not work like that.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A key difference between evolution and flat earth is that evolution (defined as the origin of biological invention through a purely material and non-intelligent mechanism or law) has little no practical application.

Yeah , that claim has as much validity as advocating flat earth or denying evolution. None.

Applications of evolution - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah , that claim has as much validity as advocating flat earth or denying evolution. None.

Applications of evolution - Wikipedia
LOL The usual equivocation. My definition of Evolution (defined as the material and non-intelligent originating mechanism of biological invention) was precise for a reason. There is not and cannot be any application for a process that has never ever been demonstrated or observed.

Further more the invocation of Natural selection acting on random mutation in order to create is akin to the idea of Perpetual motion. This is because, as Doug Axe puts it: Functional coherence makes accidental invention fantastically improbable and therefore physically impossible.

If, as an Intelligent Design denier, you fail to appreciate the truth of that statement I have a magical pot of Alphabet soup for sale, if you wait long enough the entire works of Shakespeare will spell themselves out on the surface.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have a magical pot of Alphabet soup for sale

I believe you have been selling it for a bit on this thread already...

I prefer something more substantial with bit of bite but let us hope your proverbial culinary skills improve and I can understand some people prefer low calorie information diet based on superstition so they do not get too sated with facts they have no constitution to digest themselves.

Upvote 0