• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Is faith for the weak and hopeless people only?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by LayHong_Loves_Christ, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Matthew Parsons

Matthew Parsons New Member

+25
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    in my opinion, faith is for everyone. Everyone needs faith.

2. fhansen

fhansen Oldbie

+1,986
    Catholic
    Married
    All but one of the original 12 apostles suffered martyrdom for the faith-not exactly cowardly. Belief in the Christian God is worth living-and dying-for, because it's that good for a world that prefers darkness and falsehood-and has only an empty way of life to offer at the end of the day. But our faith offers many things, light and life in a dark and dying world, hope, meaning, purpose, order, the understanding that at the very foundations of the universe lie goodness and love. People can think they're brave enough to not need these things-but they're only fooling themselves- living in denial due to the pride that obscures the truth from their eyes. We need God like we need food and water; man needs to know Him.

It takes courage to believe-to overcome the herd mentality that's afraid to admit to any weakness and limitations and need-as if we're God ourselves. That fear of what others think is the basis of pride even as it seeks to exalt the self above the rest.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  3. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+2,722
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Constitution
    It is a fair question.

When I think of "weak", the furthest things from my mind are MMA fighters & mobsters. As such, they are more qualified to answer this question than I; let Bas Rutten & John Pridmore explain how strong men can still need something greater than anything this world can offer.

The Faith of a Fighter: An Interview with MMA Legend Bas Rutten

Since I don't know how long any of you have to watch a video right now, I'm giving a 4-minute, 10-minute, and 33-minute talk from the mobster who became Catholic, in that order. They're all fantastic, with a little overlap, but plenty of extra material in each one to make it all worth it if you really want to understand that amazing man:

4. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+3,167
    Christian
    Married
    Nope. There is a big difference between believers and unbelievers. The former will be resurrected to spend eternity in God's heavenly kingdom. The latter will not.

5. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+3,167
    Christian
    Married
    This is a wonderful, wonderful post! I am adding it to my collection of the best post I have ever read. God bless you!

6. LayHong_Loves_Christ

LayHong_Loves_Christ Member

+20
    Malaysia
    Protestant
    Married
    God can choose everyone and give them salvation, make them believe later when they are in heaven.

7. mlepfitjw

mlepfitjw May you be blessed!

+1,078
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Faith, is for people believe in a higher power than themselves, in which whom we associate to be God.

In hope of resurrection, after this life because of having faith on God, and also if a person has heard of the Son of God the Lord Jesus Christ, they also have the ability to know about what the spirit of God does in impacting ones life, when a person decides to seek their relationship with God and we are all responsible for our actions, be it when we are in the fleshly body (mind, selfwill, emotions such as greed, anger, hatred), where the spirit brings about in a believer of God the ability to have peace, joy, self-control, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness, and love.

Rich or poor it does not matter. Even people who kill themselves believed in God, and the Lord Jesus Christ most assurdaly, Judas would have most certainly have, and Jesus Christ even paid for his sins on the Cross, then went to hell, and came back after spending three days walking from paradise, to teaching the people who were also on down the line in prisons from the days of noah who died in the flood, and Jesus had preached to them then came back to life and rose from the tomb. There were many witness to this event.

Everyone is given the chance to believe in God or not. Because we all may know someone that doesn't believe in God at all, instead multiple Gods, or something. Who knows sometimes, what a persons beliefs may be were are to always to try and share encouragement, support, and love to one another and to pray for all people, and to be at peace with people if at all possible by the spirit that indwells in believers.

8. Servant_Jon_4_Christ

Servant_Jon_4_Christ Member

+2
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Or you’re being taught by the wrong people.