• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is anyone too bad to be saved?

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel really guilty and my guilt is ruining my faith.

What can I do with all the guilt? Can I give it to God and he will make it go away?

The nice voice that I hear in my head says that all I have to do is accept Jesus and have faith in him and I will be saved.

So I am hoping that that is the answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Give all your guilts and regrets and fears to God. Don't be afraid to do it. Trust yourself in His hands, not in the hands of your fears. Don't trust emotion. I've been struggling with fear and anxiety as long as I can remember, and people like us should not give our treacherous feelings any credit. They're like the wind, and most of the time against us. But feelings, voices, they don't get to be God. God only is God, and He loved the world so much that He gave the world His only begotten Son as an ultimate act of love so that we poor sinners could have hope against all feelings and circumstances.

Because fear, guilt, whatever voices you might hear...they will all pass. Part of temporal existence where we have all kinds of troubles or illnesses. And you will learn, in time, to deal with them and take a firm stance against them. But God will not go away, Christ will not go away, and Christ has died and risen for you, so that you could have hope that you are forgiven because of what He did, and you can also have hope that you will have everlasting life in Him. Do not think God is angry at you, He isn't. He knows what steps you're taking. Always remember, your righteousness isn't in you, it's in Jesus Christ, and He won't lose you no matter how weak you feel yourself to be. We want to be perfect for Him, but we can't, and then we can easily forget that He is already perfect for us. He did it. Trust in Him, not yourself or your own fears. It's okay.

Even your faith, you can give it to God and ask Him to take care of it, to grow it. Part of the Christian walk is to experientally realize our own weakness in many things, so that we would learn to depend on God instead of running around in fear like chicken because we're not as strong as we'd like. There is nothing you can't give to Him, there are no burdens you can't lay at His feet. Part of the Christian walk is also to learn patience. We always want to have perfect faith right away, we have this strange urge to have the faith of a 100-year old person in the first day. But that's not how it goes. We will learn a lot in time.

Don't trust your overwhelming guilt. There can be guilt that is good for us, for example if I hurt someone, guilt is good, helps me to turn back, apologize and realize my error. Corrective, good kind of guilt, which doesn't do us harm. But the kind of guilt that just confuses you, eats you inside, pushes you into despair and horror time after time, reject that guilt right away. Throw it into the garbage where it belongs no matter what anyone says. That kind of guilt has nothing good in it, it's just a useless oppressive feeling draining us. Even if you have to feel it, you don't have to believe it.

Try to relax brother, said a prayer for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible says Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, not just people who were not really bad. No one, no matter what they've done, is past the point of redemption. The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and that's attached to unbelief.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The bible says Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, not just people who were not really bad. No one, no matter what they've done, is past the point of redemption. The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and that's attached to unbelief.
Agreed :oldthumbsup:

--David

Mark 2
17 Jesus said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Okay I will try to have more faith. The voice in my head tells me that if I have faith God will save me, but I have to have faith because it is by faith that we are justified.

Might I suggest your problem is you're making something so easy so complex.

Consider this. You have a spouse, parent or precious loved one or friend and YOU KNOW if you they told you they'd pick you up and drive you somewhere at 3pm you know they would.....You wouldn't say to them, "Oh I know you said you'd pick me up this afternoon BUT I wasn't sure I had FAITH you'd do it!" Would you ever say that to them? NOPE. You KNOW their character you know they love you! If someone even tried to whisper such a diabolical doubt in your ear you'd quickly respond, "Get out of here! Don't be ridiculous! " You wouldn't even give it a second thought.

And what does the scripture say? If you then being evil (or people in the natural) would give good things to those you love HOW MUCH MORE will the God of LOVE who is perfection not do the same and even more? Matt 7:11

Upvote 0