• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is anyone too bad to be saved?

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've been having issues with faith today (and for a while really). I hear voices in my head talking to me all day long and one of the voices keeps telling me that I can be saved but I have to have faith that God and Jesus love me. However, I argue with this voice and fail to accept its witness to me sometimes. Sometimes I have faith but sometimes I don't. This voice tells me that if I'm going to be saved by God and Jesus then I have to have faith all the time. He says if I don't have faith all the time when I die I will not enter God's kingdom.

So my question is, is anyone too bad to be saved? My main argument with this voice that I hear is that I feel too bad to be saved. This feeling is keeping me from salvation (at least according to the voice I hear).

People have told me about notable sinners in the Bible like Moses, King David, King Manasseh, and Saint Paul.

Sometimes I still feel like I'm too bad even though God forgave their great sins. I want to have faith though. I want to believe I can be forgiven. I'm just having a hard time accepting God's love all the time and this voice in my head says I will not enter God's kingdom if I don't have faith all the time.

Thank you for any help,

SnowTiger

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I've been having issues with faith today (and for a while really). I hear voices in my head talking to me all day long and one of the voices keeps telling me that I can be saved but I have to have faith that God and Jesus love me. However, I argue with this voice and fail to accept its witness to me sometimes. Sometimes I have faith but sometimes I don't. This voice tells me that if I'm going to be saved by God and Jesus then I have to have faith all the time. He says if I don't have faith all the time when I die I will not enter God's kingdom.

So my question is, is anyone too bad to be saved? My main argument with this voice that I hear is that I feel too bad to be saved. This feeling is keeping me from salvation (at least according to the voice I hear).

People have told me about notable sinners in the Bible like Moses, King David, King Manasseh, and Saint Paul.

Sometimes I still feel like I'm too bad even though God forgave their great sins. I want to have faith though. I want to believe I can be forgiven. I'm just having a hard time accepting God's love all the time and this voice in my head says I will not enter God's kingdom if I don't have faith all the time.

Thank you for any help,

SnowTiger
There are so many promises of forgiveness, redemption, and security that are without exception. They are what they are. Align your beliefs with the Bible rather than voices like this. The truth will set you free.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi,

Thank you for any help,

SnowTiger
No one is too bad to be saved. There are many testimonies from wicked people. John Newton, who wrote "Amazing Grace", was a slave trader. Murderers have been saved in prison. Muslim terrorists have been saved also. Are you worse than they are?

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one is too bad to be saved. There are many testimonies from wicked people. John Newton, who wrote "Amazing Grace", was a slave trader. Murderers have been saved in prison. Muslim terrorists have been saved also. Are you worse than they are?

Okay I will try to have more faith. The voice in my head tells me that if I have faith God will save me, but I have to have faith because it is by faith that we are justified.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignore the voice and only read the word of God in the Spirit of love. When you apply the truths of God in love then you get a glimpse of what they are meant to mean any other spirit - like your voice is dominating and demanding - is NOT from God.

God doesn't demand that you have constant faith, but He does hope that you cultivate the seeds of faith He sown in you. Tender plants bear good crops, most hardy plants are weeds. So let all of that teach you.

God hopes you will love Him instead of walking around in fear of damnation. The more you learn to love God for salvation the closer He lives in our hearts.

So please warn that voice to speak the truth or Jesus will cast it out. i walked around for years with voices telling me doom and gloom but Jesus drove them all out of my psyche and brought me His love and His peace.

Faith in God's love is the force to follow, not voices in our heads, those we have to learn to ignore. Give your fear of damnation to Jesus and see what He says back in return.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ignore the voice and only read the word of God in the Spirit of love. When you apply the truths of God in love then you get a glimpse of what they are meant to mean any other spirit - like your voice is dominating and demanding - is NOT from God.

God doesn't demand that you have constant faith, but He does hope that you cultivate the seeds of faith He sown in you. Tender plants bear good crops, most hardy plants are weeds. So let all of that teach you.

God hopes you will love Him instead of walking around in fear of damnation. The more you learn to love God for salvation the closer He lives in our hearts.

So please warn that voice to speak the truth or Jesus will cast it out. i walked around for years with voices telling me doom and gloom but Jesus drove them all out of my psyche and brought me His love and His peace.

Faith in God's love is the force to follow, not voices in our heads, those we have to learn to ignore. Give your fear of damnation to Jesus and see what He says back in return.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

I usually separate the voices into good voices and bad voices and try to listen to the good voices. Do you think I should ignore even the good voices?

Is this voice incorrect in saying that I have to have faith all the time or else I will be damned to hell?

One of the good voices I hear says that I have to have faith that Jesus loves me or else I am rejecting him.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually separate the voices into good voices and bad voices and try to listen to the good voices. Do you think I should ignore even the good voices?

Is this voice incorrect in saying that I have to have faith all the time or else I will be damned to hell?

One of the good voices I hear says that I have to have faith that Jesus loves me or else I am rejecting him.
no i lost faith once and after i came around realizing jesus is the one and he came to me and helped me the only way to reject is if you die without christ or if he returns and you havent accepted him

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Thank you for any help,

SnowTiger
If this concerns you, if you are worried about the state of your soul, you are not too bad to be saved. If you were, you would not worry about it at all.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay I will try to have more faith. The voice in my head tells me that if I have faith God will save me, but I have to have faith because it is by faith that we are justified.
It's easier than you think. Simply make God's word your authority. "God says it, I accept it, that settles it!" Try that. Ignore anything or anyone that says otherwise. We are saved by what God has done for us in Christ. It's a done deal. Jesus died and rose again 2,000 years ago. No one can undo that. Faith simply thanks God for what He has done. When doubt comes along, answer with the Word of God. That's what Jesus did when the devil tempted Him in the wilderness.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely brother, any voice in your mind is not from God and cannot be trusted to tell us the truth rightly.

It is best to learn to read the Scriptures as a personal address to yourself and heed His Voice of loving truth from your heart for that is where He dwells. God is love so only when we heed His love according to His written truth can we trust that we get the right information. Please get to know the living word, for He is our Lord within.

This voice lies and lies and lies. God wants you to have more than faith, He wants you to love Him like He loves you. Only when you put your faith in His love will you get holy hope. Always look at what faith does. Faith in God's love brings you hope for better. That is why faith in His love is so important. If you find you lack faith, don't despair your salvation but acknowledge that to Jesus and ask for more faith.

Do remember that bad life within us cannot have faith in God but is bound to perish, in your good life you do already have faith in God's love. So be wise and grow more faith, cultivate it by using it and before you know you have faith 100 percent of the time. To doubt your faith is always an attack from satan, to grow in your faith, however small it might be is the right way to go.

So whenever you fear God call out to Jesus to save you and thank Him for doing that. This is the right way to grow in our faith. To believe the voices will only confuse you to what is right for they twist the truth out of context so that fear is your companion instead of Christ.

So each time you fear God go to God and admit it to Him and give Him your fear and ask for love back in return. Keep doing that until fear runs out and only God's love is there now.

Be of good courage faith in God's love brings us always hope for better.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
...my question is, is anyone too bad to be saved?
Hello SnowTiger, perhaps the better question should be, can you be too "good" to be saved, at least in your own mind? The answer to that is apparently, "yes, you can be".

Mark 2
17 Jesus said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

The Apostle Paul tells us this as well, that God justifies/saves the wicked/ungodly, not the righteous.

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

So keep resisting Satan's attacks .. James 4:7, taking all of the voices/thoughts that are confusing and trying to convince you that you are too bad or too unworthy to be a Christian, "captive" .. 2 Corinthians 10:5, and keep giving them over to the Lord Jesus to deal with as soon as you hear and/or think them, ~KNOWING~ that they are not from God.

Praying for you!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - never forget that God knows the end from the beginning. That means that He knew ~exactly~ who and what He was getting when He justified/saved us (including how we were going to live every moment of our lives until the day we die), and He saved us anyway :amen: NOTHING you do is EVER a surprise to God, and you are special in His eyes NOT because of what you do, but because of who you are, His very own child by adoption .. e.g. Ephesians 1:4-6, who He has chosen to love every single day .. from everlasting .. e.g. Jeremiah 31:3.

quote-my-hope-lives-not-because-i-am-not-a-sinner-but-because-i-am-a-sinner-for-whom-christ-charles-spurgeon-57-36-33.jpg

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf,
so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"
2 Corinthians 5:21

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Do you really know what faith is? It's just trusting God. Keep it simple. God loves you enough to send Jesus to die for you. You can trust someone willing to do that for you.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
anyone too bad to be saved?

Let reword this question.

Is Jesus so impure that he cannot save sinners?
That is what you are asking and as Jesus is sinless he was able to die and pay the penalty for ever sin that has been, or will be ever committed.

So unless you actually are the devil you have been forgiven.

Now practical advice. Talk to your therapist, if you don't have one talk to your doctor about getting one.
You need professional help to deal with the voices in your head or with intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi,

Thank you for any help,

SnowTiger
Have you ever asked yourself "What exactly is love?" Wouldn't you have to be very sure what it actually is before you even begin. Because if you have some vague idea of what it is, then won't any relationship you have be as vague.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The people who you say are not sinners but saints. Saints are not equal to saved, they are much higher.
The voices which you heard are not from anybody. I believe you must be good to be saved. See in the world, few people are saved.

So it is true. I keep telling the voice in my head that I'm too bad to be saved and I think it is the truth.

I keep arguing with the voice in my head. He keeps telling me to accept Jesus but I keep telling him I'm too bad to be forgiven. I keep rejecting Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So it is true. I keep telling the voice in my head that I'm too bad to be saved and I think it is the truth.

I keep arguing with the voice in my head. He keeps telling me to accept Jesus but I keep telling him I'm too bad to be forgiven. I keep rejecting Jesus.
Hey Snow,
Sometimes I look at my sins and do the very same thing. I sometimes say to myself I'm too bad to be saved yet I know in my heart the only way to be saved is to trust that Jesus's sacrifice is enough for me....a sinner like me. I keep asking myself why would God call me if I couldn't be saved. It just doesn't make any sense. Would God call someone He couldn't save? I don't think that's possible. Trust in His sacrifice for u...that His blood can wash, clean and save a sinner like u and a sinner like me.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Snow,
Sometimes I look at my sins and do the very same thing. I sometimes say to myself I'm too bad to be saved yet I know in my heart the only way to be saved is to trust that Jesus's sacrifice is enough for me....a sinner like me. I keep asking myself why would God call me if I couldn't be saved. It just doesn't make any sense. Would God call someone He couldn't save? I don't think that's possible. Trust in His sacrifice for u...that His blood can wash, clean and save a sinner like u and a sinner like me.

Thank you so much for the nice message. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only person who feels too bad to be saved.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0