Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's the next likely target on the list. Once abortions are legally banned everywhere, contraception will also be banned, since the goal and motive isn't truly to reduce abortions (as keeping them safe and legal happens to do just that), but to control people's (especially women's) behavior.
Slippery slope fallacy?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, forced. The new laws proposed in Alabama, for example, force a girl who is raped to reproduce...
And I think that the man who forced her into that position could be forced to castrate themselves.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think folks tend to view political views as a package. You don't have to fit into any category!

And it makes sense that given your advocacy for many marginalized people that you would advocate for those who are completely helpless in the womb.

I've spent almost 30 years of my life being a voice of advocacy for many marginalized people, but being a voice for the unborn is especially close to my heart since I'm the mother of nine children.

Apparently I have not. Again, my apologies.

There's no need to apologize. You're not the first person who found themselves surprised about my stand against abortion. I have shocked many conservatives and liberals alike over the years.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure.

As draconian as it would be, I could imagine a law that states that the ‘impregnator’ would be equally likely to punishment if it were proven that he aided or abetted the abortion in any way, or failed to notify authorities that the procedure was being planned.
And the doctor who illegally performed the procedure.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about the "my body; my choice" argument. If bodily autonomy is a right, can financial autonomy be a right as well? (as in "my money; my choice")

Or perhaps taxation is a necessary evil in which there is no viable alternative?

Your thoughts? Where do you draw the line?
Always draw the line at life.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's the next likely target on the list. Once abortions are legally banned everywhere, contraception will also be banned, since the goal and motive isn't truly to reduce abortions (as keeping them safe and legal happens to do just that), but to control people's (especially women's) behavior.
I just wanted to clarify that in spite of what you may have heard, the conservative position on abortion has never been about women's reproductive rights or rights to her body. It has never been about "controlling people's behavior" either. I really don't care about what a woman chooses to do with her own body. Whether drugs, alcohol, tattoos, or skydiving, I really don't care. If a woman wants to use birth control, great! More power to her. The issue is not the rights over her own body, it is her rights in regards to the body of her unborn child. Which is not hers to decide. THE ISSUE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO PROTECT THE LIFE OF THE UNBORN.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slippery slope fallacy?

Fear-mongering is more like it. It's truly disheartening the excuses some people will come up with in an attempt to justify taking the life of an unborn child. You would think that the way these people talk that unborn children are disposable, like pieces of trash. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in my fellow liberal activists who go on and on about wanting to protect the lives of marginalized people, but they never think twice about a woman killing her unborn child. I don't exactly fit in with them.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think that will happen but I totally agree as to the underlying motives. No pro-life groups that I am aware of are out there pushing for better sex education and easy access to birth control. They’re not even handing out condoms. If they were, I probably would never had gotten pregnant at 18 and had an abortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fear-mongering is more like it. It's truly disheartening the excuses some people will come up with in an attempt to justify taking the life of an unborn child. You would think that the way these people talk that unborn children are disposable, like pieces of trash. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in my fellow liberal activists who go on and on about wanting to protect the lives of marginalized people, but they never think twice about a woman killing her unborn child.
Agreed. What really gets me is a vegan who says it is immoral to eat a chicken egg but believes it is acceptable to commit infanticide.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think that will happen but I totally agree as to the underlying motives. No pro-life groups that I am aware of are out there pushing for better sex education and easy access to birth control. They’re not even handing out condoms. If they were, I probably would never had gotten pregnant at 18 and had an abortion.
Surprisingly, I don't see very many pro-choice groups handing out condoms either.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow will there be abortion detectives? They’re going to be really busy...
Yep. Round them up! I am sure the prisons will be filled with these murderers. Or, people will just stop having abortions. How did society ever exist before Roe v. Wade?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surprisingly, I don't see very many pro-choice groups handing out condoms either.

I hear these groups attempt to stand up for women's rights regarding pregnancy, but when it comes to the rights of the woman's husband regarding the life of his unborn child, then all bets are off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They generally do, where they are allowed to. But they aren’t the ones saying their sole purpose is to end abortion. So why would you expect them to be handing out condoms?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

I'd like to think it wouldn't happen, but I've seen organized pushes by these so-called "pro-life" groups to enforce abstinence-only programs as well as obstruct easy access to birth control. Many of us like to believe that "it can't happen here" but history proves otherwise when it comes to the lengths people will go to enforce their religious ideologies onto others. The U.S. is not immune.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to think it wouldn't happen, but I've seen organized pushes by these so-called "pro-life" groups to enforce abstinence-only programs as well as obstruct easy access to birth control. Many of us like to believe that "it can't happen here" but history proves otherwise when it comes to the lengths people will go to enforce their religious ideologies onto others. The U.S. is not immune.
True. But 70% of Americans are openly pro-choice, and IMO another 10% are secretly pro-choice, including a lot of male politicians who have paid for abortions. The Supreme Court has an interest in upholding the will of the people and preventing social unrest. And there would be MAJOR social unrest.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They generally do, where they are allowed to. But they aren’t the ones saying their sole purpose is to end abortion. So why would you expect them to be handing out condoms?
I don't expect anyone to hand out condoms. But nobody is banning contraceptives either (except for perhaps ultraconservative Catholics?). To suggest that is just plain fear mongering and a demonstration of complete ignorance of the pro-life position.

Upvote 0