Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So how about inducing birth at eight weeks?
i see.png

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, we do not. But I am still able to relay the Christian perspective. Thanks free speech.
And I'm free to point out that thankfully our nation is not governed by the Christian perspective.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The whole "abstinance" trope in resoonse to the sex strike is a hilarious example of missing the point.
So enlighten me. What is the "point" of the sex strike?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If only Alyssa Milano had gone on strike against acting and/or decided to boycott Twitter instead of going off on another one of her militant political feminist rants. She's made herself look like a fool.
Shiloh, is that really you? Forgive me but I did not expect you to have this point of view on abortion. My apologies for assuming differently.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion isn't murder.
Hi whatbogsends, legally, that is true today, unless the abortion is performed w/o the mother's consent (or someone intentionally causes a miscarriage, etc). The State has given the mother the right to decide whether or not her unborn child is a "person", as well made it legal for her to decide whether or not the separate human life that she carries within her womb lives or dies :(
A woman shouldn't be forced to give birth to the child of her rapist.
The unborn child of rape is innocent of any wrongdoing. Killing an innocent child (whether it's legally defined as murder or not) should never be our response to a lesser crime.

Of course, since the abortions which are performed due to rape amount to FAR less than 1% of the abortions performed each year, this should hardly be the principle focus of the discussion, especially as we near the 1.6 Billion mark for abortions worldwide since 1980, the VAST majority of which were performed for the sake of convenience, not because of medical necessity and/or rape.

--David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one."

-- Melody Green​

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If only Alyssa Milano had gone on strike against acting and/or decided to boycott Twitter instead of going off on another one of her militant political feminist rants. She's made herself look like a fool.
Ida never knowed!

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I'm free to point out that thankfully our nation is not governed by the Christian perspective.

We don't disagree there! We are not governed by a Christian perspective. We wouldn't be pushing endless wars, etc. either if we were.

But folks can still vote in line with their views, and advocate for their views.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Abortion isn't murder.

A woman shouldn't be forced to give birth to the child of her rapist.
Throwing a puppy off a cliff isn't legally murder either. But you would probably call anyone who did such a thing to be cruel and immoral. Killing an innocent child in the womb is cruel and immoral at a much greater level.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So enlighten me. What is the "point" of the sex strike?

She basically said to get attention. I suppose it worked for that. Even if some of the attention was of the critical variety.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Throwing a puppy off a cliff isn't legally murder either. But you would probably call anyone who did such a thing to be cruel and immoral. Killing an innocent child in the womb is cruel and immoral at a much greater level.

I hang out here to get away from such rhetoric.
Please do better.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shiloh, is that really you? Forgive me but I did not expect you to have this point of view on abortion. My apologies for assuming differently.

I'm guessing you haven't read any of my other posts speaking out against abortion on this site.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would be in favor of a law requiring "any person who causes an unlicensed female (whatever that is) to become pregnant" to pay a fine of 25% of their annual income but no less than $20,000 a year for no less than 18 years. I think that would help men to keep it in their pants.
Or we could just make sure everyone has access to free (paid by taxes) birth control and sex education, since that is proven to reduce abortions.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Forcing them to reproduce"? Really? I think that once convenience based abortions are outlawed it will force women to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities". In turn, it would be the catalyst that will prompt legislation that will force men to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities" also. I wouldn't mind there being laws that forced men to provide for their child and its mother.

Yes, forced. The new laws proposed in Alabama, for example, force a girl who is raped to reproduce...

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hang out here to get away from such rhetoric.
Please do better.
The point is that legality does not equal morality. Just because abortion isn't legally murder doesn't mean that it isn't actually murder. Just because some states doesn't legally recognize the unborn child as a person (unless the mother decides it so) doesn't mean the unborn isn't actually a person. This has been the case with African American slaves who were legally considered property, not a person. This same principle applies. Legality does not determine the personhood of an African American. Neither does it determine the personhood of an unborn child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing you haven't read any of my other posts speaking out against abortion on this site.

I think folks tend to view political views as a package. You don't have to fit into any category!

And it makes sense that given your advocacy for many marginalized people that you would advocate for those who are completely helpless in the womb.

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently I have not. Again, my apologies.

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Or we could just make sure everyone has access to free (paid by taxes) birth control and sex education, since that is proven to reduce abortions.

That's the next likely target on the list. Once abortions are legally banned everywhere, contraception will also be banned, since the goal and motive isn't truly to reduce abortions (as keeping them safe and legal happens to do just that), but to control people's (especially women's) behavior.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can you give a hypothetical example of an anti-abortion law putting responsibility on the man?

Sure.

As draconian as it would be, I could imagine a law that states that the ‘impregnator’ would be equally likely to punishment if it were proven that he aided or abetted the abortion in any way, or failed to notify authorities that the procedure was being planned.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am totally fine with birth control. An IUD is cheaper than an abortion and is more ethical. In my opinion, forced castration would be a suitable course of action for a rapist given that they are statistically 90% likely to become repeat offenders. I would also support forced sterilization for any man who refused to provide for their child.

Upvote 0