Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or you can encourage all women everywhere to join Alyssa Milano's "sex strike." Who would have thought that abstinence would prevent unplanned pregnancies.

Yes, I am a little confused what leverage she thought this would provide. Pro-life adherents would endorse such a sex strike on the part of those who advocate for abortion. I suppose there are the cases of those who are pro life but married to someone on the sex strike.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought this was appropriate...

View attachment 256572
"Forcing them to reproduce"? Really? I think that once convenience based abortions are outlawed it will force women to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities". In turn, it would be the catalyst that will prompt legislation that will force men to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities" also. I wouldn't mind there being laws that forced men to provide for their child and its mother.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yet, not a separate person, legally. (As of this posting.)
Hi Pommer, if someone murders a pregnant women, and by doing so, her unborn child as well, the law says that he is guilty of double-homicide. So, if what you say is true (and I believe you are correct), then an unborn child must be considered a "person" by the State ~unless~ his/her mother decides otherwise.

WOW, what a fascinating world we live in.

--David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one."

-- Melody Green​

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I am a little confused what leverage she thought this would provide. Pro-life adherents would endorse such a sex strike on the part of those who advocate for abortion. I suppose there are the cases of those who are pro life but married to someone on the sex strike.
She was talking about the State’s male Legislators, who would be the customers “inconvenienced” by such a strike.
Are you “new” to politics?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
"Forcing them to reproduce"? Really? I think that once convenience based abortions are outlawed it will force women to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities". In turn, it would be the catalyst that will prompt legislation that will force men to be more responsible with their "reproductive activities" also. I wouldn't mind there being laws that forced men to provide for their child and its mother.

Under the Alabama law, women are forced to carry their baby to term, even if they were raped. That is literally "forcing them to reproduce".

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Under the Alabama law, women are forced to carry their baby to term, even if they were raped. That is literally "forcing them to reproduce".
I believe it's telling them that they don't have the legal right to end the life of another human being. Murder of an innocent should never be the answer to the lesser crime of rape.

--David

"A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one."

-- Melody Green​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unless you are referring to an "abortion" in which fully developed baby is "carefully" removed full term so that it remains alive and unharmed, then that "Abortion" would be okay. Okay in the fact that it wouldn't be an abortion at all. It would simply be a child birth.
So how about inducing birth at eight weeks?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Or you can encourage all women everywhere to join Alyssa Milano's "sex strike." Who would have thought that abstinence would prevent unplanned pregnancies.

The whole "abstinance" trope in response to the sex strike is a hilarious example of missing the point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I believe it's telling them that they don't have the legal right to end the life of another human being. Murder of an innocent should never be the answer to the lesser crime of rape.

--David

-- Melody Green​

Abortion isn't murder.

A woman shouldn't be forced to give birth to the child of her rapist.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So how about inducing birth at eight weeks?
The earliest a baby has been born and survived is 21 weeks and 5 days. Two premature babies hold the record for this.

However, this is well before the accepted age of viability.

The age of viability is 24 weeks. At 22 weeks, there’s a 0-10% chance of survival; at 24 weeks the survival rate is 40-70%.

--David

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don't live in a Christian theocracy.
Even from a scientific perspective, the baby is not part of the woman's body. It is its own body inside of the woman's body. I guess some could compare it to a parasite. You wouldn't call a leach "a part of your body" would you? ;)

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy," Milano said on Twitter Friday. "JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back."
Alyssa Milano called for a sex strike to protest strict abortion laws. Women were not having it. - CNN

If only Alyssa Milano had gone on strike against acting and/or decided to boycott Twitter instead of going off on another one of her militant political feminist rants. She's made herself look like a fool.

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How’s about:

“Any person who causes an unlicensed female to become pregnant shall pay a fine of $20,000.”
I would be in favor of a law requiring "any person who causes an unlicensed female (whatever that is) to become pregnant" to pay a fine of 25% of their annual income but no less than $20,000 a year for no less than 18 years. I think that would help men to keep it in their pants.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She was talking about the State’s male Legislators, who would be the customers “inconvenienced” by such a strike.
Are you “new” to politics?
I think I can get by without being able to have sex with Alyssa Milano. That would be perfectly fine with me and I don't think any legislators will be "inconvenienced" by it as well.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we do not. But I am still able to relay the Christian perspective. Thanks free speech.

I encourage you to use your Christian perspective to speak up for the unborn, who have no voice and who are being tossed aside as if they are disposable for whatever excuse people can come up with.

Upvote 0