• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Is a lying prayer worse than a selfish one?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Questioning Brother, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,157
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It's okay to be honest with God. It's perfectly fine to ask God to lighten your burden. People in the Bible cried out to God for help.

But you can also pray, "God, if my prayer is not pleasing to you, then change my heart. These are my honest feelings before you right now, and I can't get myself to change it. So please send the Holy Spirit to work in my heart."

2. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,157
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You've been through a lot. The situations you describe shows that you are not someone who is complaining that little things didn't go your way. You have been placed in a real desperate situation.

Are you able to get any practical help from your church?

3. LovebirdsFlying

LovebirdsFlying My husband drew this cartoon of me. Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,130
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Tell Him that. Give Him the whole load. Exactly how you feel. He can take it. Beat against His chest with your fists. He'll understand.

That's what someone told me, when I was facing horrible circumstances. I won't share that with you now, because you've got enough of your own to deal with. I don't know how *your* burden feels specifically, but I know burdens. I know that feeling of "God, why do You give me such wonderful things, and then turn right around and take them away from me? Are You trolling me or something? Do You just want to watch me hurt?" I was advised that it is OK to say that to Him. Tell Him you're mad at Him. Tell Him you don't feel like you can trust Him anymore. Yes, I advocate the honest prayer.