Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it plausible that the Iranian President's English just isn't as nuanced as a native speaker's would be. In stating, "We don't have homosexuals like in your country," it could be technically true. Homosexuals in Iran are not like homosexuals in the USA in a number of ways. And in stating that "We do not have this phenomenon," it could be interpreted as him saying, "We do not tolerate this phenomenon," much like an upset nanny or something shouting, "I will not have this!"

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I find it amusing that the conservatives--who generally believe homosexuality is a CHOICE, are condemning his words. I mean, if you're silly enough to believe it's a choice, then it's entirely possible(according to that ridiculous logic) that Iran indeed has no homosexuals. Yet there appears to be a double standard. I wonder why that is?
Possible, but most certainly not likely.

Upvote 0

NgNm

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟7,726.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find it plausible that the Iranian President's English just isn't as nuanced as a native speaker's would be. In stating, "We don't have homosexuals like in your country," it could be technically true. Homosexuals in Iran are not like homosexuals in the USA in a number of ways. And in stating that "We do not have this phenomenon," it could be interpreted as him saying, "We do not tolerate this phenomenon," much like an upset nanny or something shouting, "I will not have this!"

From what I read about it I was under the impression he was speaking via an interpriter.

Upvote 0

MyHeart07

Bride of The King
Jan 4, 2007
Montreal
✟30,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why does every subject of any importance wind up being about homosexuality? Enough!!!

The man clearly said: "There are NO homosexuals in my country. (They've probably been done away with) He is also a mysoginist male supremacist.

Furthermore, he denies that the holocaust ever happened and he has declared on many occasions that Israel has to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Pathological liar. Iran is helping out terrorists by supplying them with weapons and their nuclear technology is NOT only being develped for "peaceful" purposes.

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find it amusing that the conservatives--who generally believe homosexuality is a CHOICE, are condemning his words. I mean, if you're silly enough to believe it's a choice, then it's entirely possible(according to that ridiculous logic) that Iran indeed has no homosexuals. Yet there appears to be a double standard. I wonder why that is?

It's because Iran's part of the "TRIANGLE OF TERROR" Oooooohhhhh....

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know how much Jewish money flows through the universities? He had to say something!

Good point. I also thought bollinger's rude intro was uncalled for. If he wanted to voice his opinion later in the questioning, fine. Like something I'd expect from Bill O'Reilly.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Good point. I also thought bollinger's rude intro was uncalled for. If he wanted to voice his opinion later in the questioning, fine. Like something I'd expect from Bill O'Reilly.
Yes, it was uncalled for. Ahmadinejad was invited after all.

Upvote 0

CGL

Crazy Eight
Jul 4, 2007
Halifax, NS
✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, it was uncalled for. Ahmadinejad was invited after all.
I agree.

Also, I found Ahmadinejad to be very honest and I do not believe he avoided any questions, like so many claim.

He was very honest about homosexuality in his country, very honest about how his culture views women and explained his fascination with the Holocaust, honestly.
Explained his anger with the West, honestly.
And ever went as far as calling the Jewish people his friend.

He seemed fairly excited and eager to speak to America, and share his perspective and he seemed thrown back, offended and disapointed by Columbia's childish aversion.

I pray he cuts ties with Hezbollah and that he is not arming Iraqi insurgents like the US claims.

If these claims are false. I see Ahmadinejad as one of the greatest leaders, in some time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums