Los Angeles Area
✟830,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Nearly one dozen American troops were wounded in Iran’s Jan. 8 missile attack on Iraq’s al-Asad air base.

More U.S. service members have been transported out of Iraq for medical treatment and evaluations following Iran’s missile attack on military facilities there, the Pentagon said Tuesday, nearly two weeks after President Trump and defense officials initially said no one was hurt.

The Pentagon said Friday that 11 service members required medical treatment outside Iraq. U.S. military officials declined to say Tuesday how many more are receiving care but said “additional” personnel had been sent to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany.

The statement did not address the condition of the first 11 service members transported out of Iraq, and U.S. defense officials said Tuesday evening that they did not have more information about them to share.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious," Trump said dismissively. When pressed about the potential for traumatic brain injury among those concussed, Trump added: "They told me about it numerous days later, you'd have to ask Department of Defense. I don't consider it very serious relative to other injuries that I've seen. I've seen what Iran has done with their roadside bombs to our troops. I've seen people with no legs and with no arms. I've seen people that were horribly, horribly injured in that area, that war. No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it's not very serious," Trump said dismissively. When pressed about the potential for traumatic brain injury among those concussed, Trump added: "They told me about it numerous days later, you'd have to ask Department of Defense. I don't consider it very serious relative to other injuries that I've seen. I've seen what Iran has done with their roadside bombs to our troops. I've seen people with no legs and with no arms. I've seen people that were horribly, horribly injured in that area, that war. No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no."
I also get nasty headaches every time someone shoots a missile at me.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Updating to its own post
34 US troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injury after Iranian missile attack
All is well.

Reminds me of a guy in a bar getting punched back and pretending he isn't hurt because if he were, he'd have to punch again, and he REALLY doesn't want to deal with the consequences anymore.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I was wondering if there was going to be some news of injuries. Unless the base was missed completely, which it wasn't or we had no one there I just couldn't imagine there was no one hurt. The concussions were probably from the explosions. I would guess they would put out a pretty significant shock wave.

The injuries may not be as signicant as a limb blown off etc. But any injury is not good. We don't really know yet just exactly what the I juries mean for those hurt. Maybe they will all recover and be okay or maybe some won't. We just don't know the details.

But all this doesn't mean we shouldnt take out a terrorist or killer/maimer of our troops. He deserves to be taken out. He's an enemy. And Iran retaliated and then left it alone. Our troops are over there and in harm's way every day. I actually would like them gone from the region. Then we can kill whomever needs killing without worrying about this kind or relatiation.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if there was going to be some news of injuries. Unless the base was missed completely, which it wasn't or we had no one there I just couldn't imagine there was no one hurt. The concussions were probably from the explosions. I would guess they would put out a pretty significant shock wave.

The injuries may not be as signicant as a limb blown off etc. But any injury is not good. We don't really know yet just exactly what the I juries mean for those hurt. Maybe they will all recover and be okay or maybe some won't. We just don't know the details.

But all this doesn't mean we shouldnt take out a terrorist or killer/maimer of our troops. He deserves to be taken out. He's an enemy. And Iran retaliated and then left it alone. Our troops are over there and in harm's way every day. I actually would like them gone from the region. Then we can kill whomever needs killing without worrying about this kind or relatiation.
Iranian missiles can reach Europe. You wanna give up your european bases, too?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Iranian missiles can reach Europe. You wanna give up your european bases, too?

It depends. There's parts of the world that don't want us there. So what's the point? It's not about Iranian missiles. If they launched missiles into Great Britain I would think Great Britain might have a problem with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It depends. There's parts of the world that don't want us there. So what's the point? It's not about Iranian missiles. If they launched missiles into Great Britain I would think Great Britain might have a problem with that.
Propably as much as Iraq has with drone strikes in their country.

I know, I know. You can take out the bad guys because you are the good guys.

Upvote 0