Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You're kidding, right?

No.

They reported 80 dead. They make efforts to control what their people see and hear...

Oh, sure, for all I know they told their people they have defeated the Great Satan forever. The important message, the one I was talking about, was the one Iran sent to the US and the rest of the world. 'We bent over backwards to avoid killing people, so let's call this the end of the escalation.'

The Iranian regime has enjoyed a boost in popularity from this....but they'll lose it once their own people learn they lied about "getting revenge".

If so, that's jake with me.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Satellite imagery of the strikes.

ETA better link: CNN has slideys for the before and after.

Before:
fark_RW11rh6edcCoYOZPF0CxXH89nKk.png

After:
fark_NotHD0-Z38fhxIUSZfZUtNJ_qBE.png

"These blast points...too accurate for sand people."

Another message from Iran. This isn't lobbing rockets indiscriminately like the JV squad. They can hit the targets they assign.

Be interesting to know if all the hangars they took out were drone-related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then you agree it was a stupid move

No.

and they've basically gained nothing from this

We'll see. Making Trump smile and say everything's fine after Iran blew up US military assets must warm their hearts.

and lost probably their greatest military strategist?

He was already dead. Their reaction was never going to resurrect him.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Can we rule out that Iran might have also left behind uranium traces?

I'm not there. Heck if I know. But I can't imagine Iran would have done anything like that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why? What did they gain?

We'll see. Making Trump smile and say everything's fine after Iran blew up US military assets must warm their hearts.

They just handed him justification for more strikes.

He was already dead. Their reaction was never going to resurrect him.

True...but unless they want their people and allies to see them as toothless, they need to achieve something.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They just handed him justification for more strikes.

What more strikes? Trump said all is well that someone dropped bombs on US military assets. You can see how the Trump apologists and disinformation agents here on the forums are reacting. Trump cleverly tricked Iran into showing us how eerily accurate their missile targeting is, and we only gave up some useless hangars. Trump has already won.

True...but unless they want their people and allies to see them as toothless, they need to achieve something.

If you don't think the official Iranian missile strikes were enough, you can be sure that the Iranian proxies will keep at their business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Missile strike on U.S. targets ‘did not intend to kill,’ says Iranian commander
“We intended to hit the enemy’s military machinery,” not to cause casualties, the head of the Revolutionary Guards Aerospace Force said, in the latest sign that Iran was seeking to avoid further escalation. Rocket attacks in Iraq late Wednesday, however, suggested the risk remained.

“We did not intend to kill,” said Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guard’s Aerospace Force, according to Iranian state media. “We intended to hit the enemy’s military machinery.” However, he repeated the government’s claim that “tens of people were killed or wounded.” U.S. and Iraqi officials said the strikes caused no casualties.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟864,468.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What more strikes? Trump said all is well that someone dropped bombs on US military assets. You can see how the Trump apologists and disinformation agents here on the forums are reacting. Trump cleverly tricked Iran into showing us how eerily accurate their missile targeting is, and we only gave up some useless hangars. Trump has already won.
Iran didn't want to do any real damage. After the missile strikes Iran basically says "There, now we're even. We consider the matter over", which translates as "we had to do something for national pride, please, please don't attack us". So we got the world's best terrorist general in exchange for a couple of damaged buildings. A good trade.

Trump! Bam! Winning!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟263,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Iran didn't want to do any real damage. After the missile strikes Iran basically says "There, now we're even. We consider the matter over", which translates as "we had to do something for national pride, please, please don't attack us". So we got the world's best terrorist general in exchange for a couple of damaged buildings. A good trade.

Trump! Bam! Winning!

Except for the whole Iran now also pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal and going to continue to develop nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the missile attack was meant to communicate a message: we can hit you and we can do it accurately.

I'm pretty sure our military intelligence knew what missiles they have and how accurate they are. If that's the message....it's the dumbest message possible.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What more strikes? Trump said all is well that someone dropped bombs on US military assets.

I said it's justification for more strikes....I wasn't predicting the future.

You can see how the Trump apologists and disinformation agents here on the forums are reacting.

Trump apologists and disinformation agents? Are you serious?

Do you really think that somewhere...some political propagandist is sitting there thinking "I've got to hit that target audience of maybe 100 posters on Christian Forums who see any given post at any given time"?

Seriously?

Trump cleverly tricked Iran into showing us how eerily accurate their missile targeting is, and we only gave up some useless hangars. Trump has already won.

Eerily accurate? Missiles have been accurate for decades now. What did you think they had? Bundles of dynamite attached to a clock?

Here's the weird part...there's people desperately trying to spin this as some kind of mistake. We took out their best military mind....a guy who funded and planned terrorist attacks across the middle east....and so far, all we lost is a few vehicles.

They've been escalating for months....we showed them we aren't bluffing....and they backed down.

That's a win.

If you don't think the official Iranian missile strikes were enough, you can be sure that the Iranian proxies will keep at their business.

Yeah I don't know....you see, we took out the guy leading them. We took out the guy who orchestrated their attacks.

My guess is they'll need to regroup and work out a new game plan.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure our military intelligence knew what missiles they have and how accurate they are. If that's the message....it's the dumbest message possible.

Having missiles and demonstrating the ability to deploy them accurately are two different things....

Upvote 0