Introduce yourself if you are new to the Seventh-day Adventists section of CF.

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand Adventism to be undergoing a seismic shift at present. (actually going on for the last 30 years or so) I may have started at Andrews Univ - or at least Andrews got on board early on. I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s hearing John Carter (SDA Evangelist) on the Univ radio station and I REALLY enjoyed him. Found out later he is at least marginally charismatic. And his doctrine was definitely moving AWAY from all the externals.

So I have surmised that the same trend that is happening in the Wesleyan Church, the Church of the Nazarene, the Assembly of God and other Wesleyan Holiness groups is occurring in the SDA as well. I see that as a very positive trend.

My opinion well what I believe is the case is that its about the principles and not about the rules. Rules are supposed to come from principles. Rules can change based on certain condition but principles must remain. For instance, the whole idea about Adventists not going to the cinema. The principle behind that had to do with the environment of such places and a christian should not find themselves in such environments. But then, if the environment has changed then the rule should also change. So there are some adventists who lose sight of principle and stick to rules. If I go to the cinema and everybody around me is having sex then I should not be there. Again, another principle related to that has to do with what you are going to watch. But then based on principle this also extends to what i watch in the comfort of my own home. So this is how I look at it, its based on principles. I do agree that the SDA church has been moving away from rules that really do not make sense anymore. For instance women back in the day always used to wear hats and it was almost an unwritten rule based on a misunderstanding of a part of the bible. That was correct but sometimes you still find some of the older members still following it. About 8 yrs ago an old elder was preaching in my church and stated that women SHOULD be wearing hats always in the church and not doing so is wrong and the vast majority of the members and even the elders were in disagreement. So things are changing. At the same time, you don't want to go too much in the opposite direction where you just forget both rules and principles.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,074.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand Adventism to be undergoing a seismic shift at present. (actually going on for the last 30 years or so) I may have started at Andrews Univ - or at least Andrews got on board early on. I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s hearing John Carter (SDA Evangelist) on the Univ radio station and I REALLY enjoyed him. Found out later he is at least marginally charismatic. And his doctrine was definitely moving AWAY from all the externals.

So I have surmised that the same trend that is happening in the Wesleyan Church, the Church of the Nazarene, the Assembly of God and other Wesleyan Holiness groups is occurring in the SDA as well. I see that as a very positive trend.
Its called 'the shakening' and many tares or nominal belivers will be affected...

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could be wrong, but I sorta doubt it. What I see coming into the church is spiritual formation and many other apostate jesuit sympathetic trends and beliefs that will crucify the younger, ungrounded "attendee" who spends more time on social media than in the word. You're looking at someone who has seen both sides and I just had an apiffany while typing this. This "shaking" won't be recognized by the council, per say. Only the grounded, the repented, the decieved(on the last day)......and God. The untimely figs- cast to the ground- won't know the consequences until it's too late.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Looks like nobody has been here for a while.
I might as well break the ice and say I am new to this forum. I am a traditional Seventh day Adventist, more fundamental than most, and take God's holy word the KJV bible very seriously, and Ellen Whites writings to fill in some of the gaps which my mind, not the Holy Spirit has a hard time with.
I have read just about all her writings. Some many times over like Steps to Christ, the second most important book Christians must have and live next to the bible
When I first joined the SDA church I was skeptical to say the least. I kept hearing Ellen White this and Ellen White that. But instead of running to false teachers that try to disgrace her with their false accusations I started reading her writings very critically, just so I could find error and tell the church how wrong they are for putting her on such a pedestal. Instead of finding fault to use against the church I was converted in a huge way. I thank God for giving me the deep desire to always want to go deeper into His word, and believe me His word is far deeper than our human wisdom could ever fathom. We can study God's eternal word for eternity.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I could be wrong, but I sorta doubt it. What I see coming into the church is spiritual formation and many other apostate jesuit sympathetic trends and beliefs that will crucify the younger, ungrounded "attendee" who spends more time on social media than in the word. You're looking at someone who has seen both sides and I just had an apiffany while typing this. This "shaking" won't be recognized by the council, per say. Only the grounded, the repented, the decieved(on the last day)......and God. The untimely figs- cast to the ground- won't know the consequences until it's too late.

The "spiritual formation" is unsettling God's dear church. The North American Division has just split from the General Conference. Both sides are hashing out the details. Recently they got together to decide if the GC has power to remove apostate leaders from the NAD. I believe the decision was that they do have the power so time will tell what the fallout will be.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome aboard! Glad to see someone with one eye open. Not officially a church member, but I'd say in the "image" of and try to keep up with what's going on. When you have breaks in between visits and news, you tend to see the changes more apparently. It's scary when you see things happen like that in the last stronghold in existence. I've only recently finished GC. I live in the sticks, so I downloaded it on my phone. Been a Sabbath keeper for 6ish yrs. I honestly think there would be more posting if someone could finish a discussion without someone, not of the fold ,throwing rocks. Makes it harder to learn that way, by that's life. Again, welcome!

Upvote 0

belovedgeliebt

Oct 24, 2016
Cleveland, TN
✟7,987.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone! :wave: I am new to christianforums.com and I am a Seventh-Day Adventist. I used Google to find a forum that I can connect with; someone with the same mindset. I am glad to have found this forum because I miss sharing thoughts with likeminded individuals. I can't wait to review and add additional insights when it comes to a Bible study here. I thank God for allowing me to find this forum! :)

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! You get a lot of rotten tomatoes and rocks hurled at you from other denominations, but it keeps you sharp and current, not only with scripture in defense of your faith, but also which unceasing angles are used as an excuse to trample the commandments of God. There are some caring and very knowledgeable folk here who are glad to share what they've learned. Glad to have ya.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Welcome aboard! Glad to see someone with one eye open. Not officially a church member, but I'd say in the "image" of and try to keep up with what's going on. When you have breaks in between visits and news, you tend to see the changes more apparently. It's scary when you see things happen like that in the last stronghold in existence. I've only recently finished GC. I live in the sticks, so I downloaded it on my phone. Been a Sabbath keeper for 6ish yrs. I honestly think there would be more posting if someone could finish a discussion without someone, not of the fold ,throwing rocks. Makes it harder to learn that way, by that's life. Again, welcome!

Thank you for the welcome. I have been an SDA for 30 years and love every Holy Spirit filled revelation since. Take no mind to the "naysayers". All we can do is pray and patiently, well, as patiently as possible admonish them to understand that the bible saves not opinions, which is all the arguments are anyway.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
My opinion well what I believe is the case is that its about the principles and not about the rules. Rules are supposed to come from principles. Rules can change based on certain condition but principles must remain. For instance, the whole idea about Adventists not going to the cinema. The principle behind that had to do with the environment of such places and a christian should not find themselves in such environments. But then, if the environment has changed then the rule should also change. So there are some adventists who lose sight of principle and stick to rules. If I go to the cinema and everybody around me is having sex then I should not be there. Again, another principle related to that has to do with what you are going to watch. But then based on principle this also extends to what i watch in the comfort of my own home. So this is how I look at it, its based on principles. I do agree that the SDA church has been moving away from rules that really do not make sense anymore. For instance women back in the day always used to wear hats and it was almost an unwritten rule based on a misunderstanding of a part of the bible. That was correct but sometimes you still find some of the older members still following it. About 8 yrs ago an old elder was preaching in my church and stated that women SHOULD be wearing hats always in the church and not doing so is wrong and the vast majority of the members and even the elders were in disagreement. So things are changing. At the same time, you don't want to go too much in the opposite direction where you just forget both rules and principles.

I agree with what you are stating here, but to go along with the majority is wrong too, just because the group says so. This is just an example. The bible states that women should pray with their heads covered. For the church to say that women do not have to be covered goes against the biblical principle which God Himself put forth. It is His reasoning that the woman should be covered. This might sound like I am splitting hairs here but I am not. We just need to pray for the discernment from the Holy Spirit that tells us the right principles even though the church says otherwise. The church is having serious problems right now, if you watch that video I uploaded you will know. What I have found is that the peace and safety messages coming from all the pulpits in all denominations is scary. I don't mean as in fear of being lost if we believe them, but the peace and safety messages are deceiving people and lulling them into carnal security of the laodicean condition. We are told in Ezekiel 3 & 33 that we, as Christians must give the trumpet a certain sound when we see the sword coming. The sword has been coming since 1888, and the church has not heeded the warning, nor accepted the truth of righteousness by faith. When a small minority, same as when Jesus was here, believe the truth then the magnitude of the problem is huge. Far too many have no idea what righteousness by faith really means. This is not rules but the principles of complete victory in Christ today is very important indeed. This message has kept the church split ever since. The wedge between those who know what righteousness by faith is and those who don't is invisible, but believe me it is very real and huge in the church. I have studied salvation all my Christian life. Ephesians 2:8-10 is the most important context in the whole bible and far too many of those who profess Jesus do not know what it means. Salvation issues must dominate all our discussions and comments. The principle you brought out here makes a very important point, that we must have the discernment of the Holy Spirit so we are not deceived by the image of the beast which we are told is "the great test" for God's people today. The winds of doctrine are blowing every which way. To be grounded in the bible and SOP is our only hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Looks like nobody has been here for a while.
I might as well break the ice and say I am new to this forum. I am a traditional Seventh day Adventist, more fundamental than most, and take God's holy word the KJV bible very seriously, and Ellen Whites writings to fill in some of the gaps which my mind, not the Holy Spirit has a hard time with.
I have read just about all her writings. Some many times over like Steps to Christ, the second most important book Christians must have and live next to the bible
When I first joined the SDA church I was skeptical to say the least. I kept hearing Ellen White this and Ellen White that. But instead of running to false teachers that try to disgrace her with their false accusations I started reading her writings very critically, just so I could find error and tell the church how wrong they are for putting her on such a pedestal. Instead of finding fault to use against the church I was converted in a huge way. I thank God for giving me the deep desire to always want to go deeper into His word, and believe me His word is far deeper than our human wisdom could ever fathom. We can study God's eternal word for eternity.

Hello, everyone! :wave: I am new to christianforums.com and I am a Seventh-Day Adventist. I used Google to find a forum that I can connect with; someone with the same mindset. I am glad to have found this forum because I miss sharing thoughts with likeminded individuals. I can't wait to review and add additional insights when it comes to a Bible study here. I thank God for allowing me to find this forum! :)

Welcome both of you!!

I have been in exile for a while but am grateful to God for being back! My advice to you would be to not be discouraged when sharing truth on whatever forum you find yourself on (General Theology is one of the main ones for reaching people). Post for those silent lurkers that are truly here to receive Bread from Heavens bakery and try to ignore the 'usual'suspects' that will tear down everything you say just because you are SDA.

It is tricky to proclaim the 3 angels message here but try and keep your comments on the Papacy and refrain from using carnal sarcasm (my downfall) in replying to the scoffers.

God bless and welcome aboard!

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Welcome both of you!!

I have been in exile for a while but am grateful to God for being back! My advice to you would be to not be discouraged when sharing truth on whatever forum you find yourself on (General Theology is one of the main ones for reaching people). Post for those silent lurkers that are truly here to receive Bread from Heavens bakery and try to ignore the 'usual'suspects' that will tear down everything you say just because you are SDA.

It is tricky to proclaim the 3 angels message here but try and keep your comments on the Papacy and refrain from using carnal sarcasm (my downfall) in replying to the scoffers.

God bless and welcome aboard!

Thank you for the welcome. I have been on many forums and have learned a lot about how to share the truth without getting hurt feelings. The ONLY pain I fell is for those who want to use their opinions to argue against bible truths. These need much prayer, which I do every morning before I start writing on here. Some times my flesh wants to defend itself but I pray for victory over that temptation to flame and calmly share biblical principles in all my comments.

God bless your efforts on here too.

My name is Jeff BTW.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the welcome. I have been on many forums and have learned a lot about how to share the truth without getting hurt feelings. The ONLY pain I fell is for those who want to use their opinions to argue against bible truths. These need much prayer, which I do every morning before I start writing on here. Some times my flesh wants to defend itself but I pray for victory over that temptation to flame and calmly share biblical principles in all my comments.

God bless your efforts on here too.

My name is Jeff BTW.
Thanx Jeff, my name is Ken. I pray the same prayer... sometimes just sharing truth can get you in trouble... signs of whats to come I suppose.

• Agree
Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "spiritual formation" is unsettling God's dear church. The North American Division has just split from the General Conference. Both sides are hashing out the details. Recently they got together to decide if the GC has power to remove apostate leaders from the NAD. I believe the decision was that they do have the power so time will tell what the fallout will be.

That's 'pot calling the kettle black'.

Welcome!

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That's 'pot calling the kettle black'.

Welcome!

That's right. Satan attacks those the most who are closest to the truth. God's dear church has been under extreme attack since the disciples. When there is prosperity, and the lovey dovey peace and safety gospel then satan has control. When the church is in turmoil then is when the Holy Spirit is moving His people to act and speak up. That is the time when satan has to do all he can to deceive. We are told in 2Timothy:3:12: "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Not much of this happening today, especially in prosperous places on earth. The places that are being persecuted are the ones where Christians are growing rapidly in number. TRUE Christians. I should never have to use that word to categorize Christians, but far too many are calling worldlings Christians these days. Unless one is a Christian it is very hard to tell the difference.

Thanks for the welcome, sorry about the rant. :preach: Jeff steps off soapbox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's right. Satan attacks those the most who are closest to the truth. God's dear church has been under extreme attack since the disciples. When there is prosperity, and the lovey dovey peace and safety gospel then satan has control. When the church is in turmoil then is when the Holy Spirit is moving His people to act and speak up. That is the time when satan has to do all he can to deceive. We are told in 2Timothy:3:12: "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Not much of this happening today, especially in prosperous places on earth. The places that are being persecuted are the ones where Christians are growing rapidly in number. TRUE Christians. I should never have to use that word to categorize Christians, but far too many are calling worldlings Christians these days. Unless one is a Christian it is very hard to tell the difference.

Thanks for the welcome, sorry about the rant. :preach: Jeff steps off soapbox.

Yeah, we have too many of those in our church. I call them nominal SDAs.

When we see this GC vs the 'apostate' NAD farce, lets not forget Ted Wilson orchestrated this 'great controversy project' scam. And he was the founding member of IBMTE which established spiritual formation as required study for SDA schools. Then again the church is never the religious organization that they want you to believe.

That's the end of my rant. :sick::sorry:

• Agree
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, we have too many of those in our church. I call them nominal SDAs.

When we see this GC vs the 'apostate' NAD farce, lets not forget Ted Wilson orchestrated this 'great controversy project' scam. And he was the founding member of IBMTE which established spiritual formation as required study for SDA schools. Then again the church is never the religious organization that they want you to believe.

That's the end of my rant. :sick::sorry:

I heard from a reliable source that the Wilson brothers are jesuits.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I heard from a reliable source that the Wilson brothers are jesuits.
Only a Jesuit would state publicly, on record of a civil case, as Neal Wilson did, that our belief that the Papacy is the beast of Revelation has been consigned to the trash heap of history.

• Agree
Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Only a Jesuit would state publicly, on record of a civil case, as Neal Wilson did, that our belief that the Papacy is the beast of Revelation has been consigned to the trash heap of history.

Many people I know had false hopes by Ted Wilson's inaugural speech. But apples don't fall far from the tree. Six years later, we can check the fruits.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Many people I know had false hopes by Ted Wilson's inaugural speech. But apples don't fall far from the tree. Six years later, we can check the fruits.

Ted Wilson sounds great when you listen to his speeches. But that is what jesuits do. Many of my brothers I have had very in depth studies with have fallen for him. They won't study with me any more, and have taken up the lovey dovey peace and safety gospel. It is time for all God's watchmen to sound the alarm or else their blood will be on our hands Ezekiel 3:18.

Upvote 0