Introduce yourself if you are new to the Seventh-day Adventists section of CF.

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am what some might call a "twice born" Adventist. I grew up in a very loving SDA home and went through the Adventist education system from elementary until I graduated high school. After high school I fell away from the church for a few years and as a result of surrounding myself with skeptics and non-believers I began to doubt everything I had known in regards to my own spirituality. During this time of doubt I began to question God's existence and really began to feel empty inside, as though my life held no meaning or purpose. Those were absolutely the darkest times of my life. Since then I am happy to say my spiritual life and personal relationship with God is back on track. That is not to say I haven't had my share of questioning along the way, however, it's no longer questions of whether God exists or not, but rather questions of what God wants for my life. Throughout my entire adult life, thus far, God has continually shown me that as long as I put my love, trust and faith in Him then He will always be in the driver's seat. :)

It is always a privilege to have someone drop into the forum and share an encouraging testimony like this one! Thanks so much for your contribution! :)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Hello Everyone,

My Name is Dee I have been Adventist now for almost a year!! Nov 19 will mark the date I will be 1 year Adventist. I can't wait to share what I have learned as well as learn from everyone as well!!
I, for one, will look forward to your sharing. Welcome! :)

Upvote 0

Called out

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
✟8,699.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am new to Forums and just learning my way around. I was hoping to mainly discuss the bible, but I was kindly told that my opinions are not welcomed on 'Christian only' forums.
I agree with the SDA about keeping the Sabbath and I have read a lot of their books on their doctrine. But I disagree with some things. So my question is, am I allowed to comment or not really. (I already have posted comments somewhere before becoming aware that I am not really allowed to comment on certain threads. :confused:

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am new to Forums and just learning my way around. I was hoping to mainly discuss the bible, but I was kindly told that my opinions are not welcomed on 'Christian only' forums.
I agree with the SDA about keeping the Sabbath and I have read a lot of their books on their doctrine. But I disagree with some things. So my question is, am I allowed to comment or not really. (I already have posted comments somewhere before becoming aware that I am not really allowed to comment on certain threads. :confused:
I don't know who told you that; but I for one would disagree very much with that. Sincere questions and comparing & contrasting of beliefs should be OK. If you seem to be just there to pick apart Adventists, (which some are currently doing there now) then of course, those kinds of comments are not appreciated.

Upvote 0

Jake1958

Oct 25, 2012
✟7,642.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I may have typed a couple of messages years ago. Grew up Catholic, in name only. "Found" a copy of The Great Controversy a few decades ago and I was found to be a sinner in need of a Savior. I believe it was out of selfish reasons, perhaps fear of hell.

I believe now that it's God's inexpressible love for sinners that He died on the cross, at the expense of His own eternal existence. Moses and Paul were willing to have their names blotted out of the book of life. Am I at that point? I don't even pretend to be, that would only be a deception, only God can read the heart.

We love Him, because He first loved us. Christ our Righteousness is the last message for a dying world. All doctrines engulf Christ's Cross.

Jake

Upvote 0

StandingFirm

Jul 19, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Jake. Welcome to the group. Thank-you for your comments. Yes we are all sinners saved by grace. It is a wonder that He would die for me but oh the joy that fills my soul when I think of my redeemer. My redeemer lives and because he lives, I can live with renewed hope and joy unspeakable. God bless you and may you experience Christ anew this Christmas.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟11,079.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I may have typed a couple of messages years ago. Grew up Catholic, in name only. "Found" a copy of The Great Controversy a few decades ago and I was found to be a sinner in need of a Savior. I believe it was out of selfish reasons, perhaps fear of hell.

I believe now that it's God's inexpressible love for sinners that He died on the cross, at the expense of His own eternal existence. Moses and Paul were willing to have their names blotted out of the book of life. Am I at that point? I don't even pretend to be, that would only be a deception, only God can read the heart.

We love Him, because He first loved us. Christ our Righteousness is the last message for a dying world. All doctrines engulf Christ's Cross.

Jake
I enjoyed reading your testimony here Jake. Welcome to the forum. :)

Upvote 0

REDBEAR

Mar 9, 2013
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well the Bible says that it was ,it is and it shall be, so why not say nice to be here, hear , hair. Okay not a perfect match at all but we are to THINK about God , to paraphrase Tom Watson's IBM "THINK" motto.

God is so big, so everywhere, that we need to figure that we can't put him on our little pedestal and squash him into a nice little Adventist box.

For sure, we have a living God and I found Him in the Adventist writings of EGW.

Now I can say I am not off this earth.

However I can't say the same of our beloved SDA church, its dead to dynig , sick to suffering, and a poor shadow of its former self.

I find the truth in the bible and EGW to be lost, losing and to be lost in most SDA places found, visited or virtual comms. Its incredible how much EGW says and how much SDAs deny was said, is said or to be said about God and his way, his truth and his way as revealed by EGW.

Be that is it may, with tears, that is their free will,

But EGW and the Bible calls sinners out of Babylon. Just we see SDAs loving the world, Babylon and loosing the power of Gods special message.

Well gotta love sinners and just keep Going. Doing and Believing.

RedBear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cjsimpson88

Unorthodox Psyche
Mar 19, 2013
Somersworth, NH
Visit site
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Everyone,

My name is Cj, and I became a SDA 10 years ago. I did leave for a while, but I found that no matter how far I strayed, God had his hand in my world the whole time. I came back in January, and now I find myself in a place of spiritual growth & confusion at times, but if God can bring a sinner like me back, then certainty he will give me the clarity I need as I move onward and upward. I look forward to the discussions that will be taking place.

:whistle:

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Everyone,

My name is Cj, and I became a SDA 10 years ago. I did leave for a while, but I found that no matter how far I strayed, God had his hand in my world the whole time. I came back in January, and now I find myself in a place of spiritual growth & confusion at times, but if God can bring a sinner like me back, then certainty he will give me the clarity I need as I move onward and upward. I look forward to the discussions that will be taking place.

:whistle:
God always brings back those He loves and love Him. Welcome CJ.

Upvote 0

Domotti

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hello everybody. Im Dominick and just wanted to introduce myself. This is my first time on this site and I hope to meet some new brothers and sisters in Christ. I've been a Seventh Day Adventist since 2005 when I was baptized into the truth. Since then I've walked away and been backslidden but praise be to God by His grace I am making my way back to Him. J recently moved to Denver... Is anyone here from Denver?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samkadya

Jan 2, 2014
✟15,216.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was born an Adventist and I am still growing in my Christian experience through his grace and interaction with fellow Adventists and Christians of other denominations.

I have a big passion for sharing the gospel through social media and blogging. I have a few blogs such as whatissabbath(dot) net and adventistsermonsandmusic(dot)com

I urge you my brothers and sisters to consider upping our game when it comes to sharing our faith on social media sites. I personally have managed to have more than a million views on the sermons I have uploaded on youtube. I would never have reached so many people by word of mouth. Lets take the gospel to where the people spend most of their time nowadays i.e. on facebook, twitter, youtube and other video sites, blogs etc. Jesus went to where the people were no wonder he was called a glutton and a friend of sinners.

May God bless you all.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was born an Adventist and I am still growing in my Christian experience through his grace and interaction with fellow Adventists and Christians of other denominations.

I have a big passion for sharing the gospel through social media and blogging. I have a few blogs such as whatissabbath(dot) net and adventistsermonsandmusic(dot)com

I urge you my brothers and sisters to consider upping our game when it comes to sharing our faith on social media sites. I personally have managed to have more than a million views on the sermons I have uploaded on youtube. I would never have reached so many people by word of mouth. Lets take the gospel to where the people spend most of their time nowadays i.e. on facebook, twitter, youtube and other video sites, blogs etc. Jesus went to where the people were no wonder he was called a glutton and a friend of sinners.

May God bless you all.

Welcome and God Bless...:)
Red

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:wave: My name is Christcyna and I was recently baptized at a Carlton Byrd crusade, so I am new to the whole seventh day adventist denomination.

Welcome to the Seventh-day Adventists section of CF. :)
Let us know if any questions.
Red

Upvote 0
S

stellasaranya

Hey everyone, :wave:
I'm new to this forum and also to seventh day adventism. I was born and raised a Lutheran.Someone recently lent me a Doug Batchelor series and it changed my views. I'm convinced that this is the truth.
But the problem is no one in my family believes this newly found truth. They think its old testament and 'grace' vs 'law' argument ensues. I'm restricted from anything related to sda. :cry:
So here I am breaking rules.

Anyway Can't wait to read the posts...
Stella.
:bye:

Upvote 0

E.T.Elijah

Brother In Christ
Aug 29, 2011
Bartonville, IL
✟15,311.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Stella! Welcome to the forums! Sadly over the years on forums like this I have heard many who have been put in your same situation, whether it be those who find there way into SDA or those who find themselves into other denomination from the one their family holds to. It is unfortunate to be sure. However, stay strong in your convictions and continue to follow as the Holy Spirit leads. You will be blessed! Know that my family, both household and church, will be praying for you as you begin your journey into truth. Like with any journey there are peaks and valleys that we must go through along our way. Always remember to keep Jesus as your focus and He will never steer you astray. It is only when we take our eyes off of Him that we sink into the raging sea.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your time here on the forums. Welcome to the community!

Upvote 0