Introduce yourself if you are new to the Seventh-day Adventists section of CF.

nahara

Nov 9, 2011
Redding, CA
✟15,112.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Glad to stumble across this forum.

I was born into an SDA family in California. I went to Andrews and met my husband there. He is a dentist in Northern California, where we moved after graduation. I'm a third grade teacher in our local school. We have three sons and a daughter and are expecting our fifth. I love cooking and crafting, teaching Sabbath School, and being a mom.

Hope to meet some new friends!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I was born into an SDA family in California. I went to Andrews and met my husband there. He is a dentist in Northern California, where we moved after graduation. I'm a third grade teacher in our local school. We have three sons and a daughter and are expecting our fifth. I love cooking and crafting, teaching Sabbath School, and being a mom.

Welcome to the forum!! Hope you will be blessed and can contribute where possible...

Upvote 0
K

keyboard321

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Enjoy stay :thumbsup:

God bless you and your family :groupray:

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2011
✟17,405.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi Jamie (Screaming Tenderness),

Welcome to the SDA Forum! We're gald you have joind our forum. If you ever have questions, or if I can be of service at anytime, in any way, please feel to contact me at anytime. You may also reach me directly at:

Your friend and brother in Christ,
Doc

hey country doc! how are you? remember sky?

I just discovered this forum a few days ago.

I recognize a few names from other adventist forums.

Good to be here.

rainbowinthesky :)

I am Canadian and like Daryl I joined the church in 1976.

Upvote 0

vinylman

Nov 29, 2011
UK
✟7,744.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi everyone I'm new here.

Im SDA but only recently, I've alway's been Christian but only recently have I discovered SDA values and like other's I have been reading the Bible and watched it come alive before my very eye's :)

Any more SDA's from the UK, Next week is our first Church attendance that we have planned. A very old friend of my Mother's is SDA and she is the one who has given me a lot of information and guidance.

Thank's everyone,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the site Vinylman... hope you receive a blessing coming here. Just as a heads up, there are many who post in the Adventist forums that are scoffers and/or unbelievers of our doctrinal beliefs. Tread carefully but know there are fellow brethren on here to asssit you and answer any questions you may have.

Upvote 0

vinylman

Nov 29, 2011
UK
✟7,744.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Engaged
Thank's for the warm welcome and the heads up!!

Dont put yourself down Rottiedog! Your probably more helpful than you know! P.S Love the dog!

And thank's Eastcoast! It's nice knowing there are fellow SDA's to talk to!

One question I do have is this.

Next week is the first time were going to Church, what should I expect?? I know that sound's silly but I'm quite unsure what it will be like!

Take care

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

keyboard321

Hi everyone I'm new here.

Im SDA but only recently, I've alway's been Christian but only recently have I discovered SDA values and like other's I have been reading the Bible and watched it come alive before my very eye's :)

Any more SDA's from the UK, Next week is our first Church attendance that we have planned. A very old friend of my Mother's is SDA and she is the one who has given me a lot of information and guidance.

Thank's everyone,

God Bless!

Hi...

Welcome to the forums...enjoy your stay...ECR is right, there are many who post here that are opposed to what we believe...

Regarding to your question...I believe that it will vary on every church of how you will feel or expect...Here in our church, if we have visitors we greet them warmly and sometimes we assign them to have the message in song during the divine service...Or if we have a newly baptized soul in our church, we nurture them...during the sabbath school class we have a separate class for the newly baptized soul...Again, I believe that it varies on every church...

God bless :wave:

Upvote 0

Rottiedog

Feb 11, 2011
USA
✟7,786.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about the UK but here in the US services are just like any other Christian service. I was raised Baptist and have attended a number of non-denominational services as well. I couldn't really really tell the difference if nobody told me what kind of church it was. The biggest difference I have found between SDA churches is the music. Most have conservative piano, organ and vocals. Mine occasionally has guitar, drums, and synthesizer. Other than that it's just prayer, children's service and sermon. Oh, and people say, "Happy Sabbath" a lot. Many have potlucks afterward too. And, that's it.

Hope you enjoy your first service!!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One question I do have is this.

Next week is the first time were going to Church, what should I expect?? I know that sound's silly but I'm quite unsure what it will be like!

Take care

God Bless!

Can't say for sure as each congregation is different but I would guess you'll be warmly greeted and received with lots of 'happy Sabbath'. The service will be similar to any other protestant service with songs and a message.

Hopefully the church you will be attending leans towards the traditional side of Adventism. Imo, learning and understanding the way God set up this movement is most important. No matter what, put you faith and trust in God and always ask for the Holy Spirits guidance in all things.... ya can't go wrong with that. ;)

Upvote 0

vinylman

Nov 29, 2011
UK
✟7,744.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Engaged
:)

Well thankyou all very much, unfortunately my plan to go this Saturday has been delayed (feel very guilty). However i will say my prayers and asd God for forgiveness in not going. The next date we can all be available to go is shortly after Christmas. On a side note though im quite looking forward to Christmas as this is the first year we will be celebrating it for it's true reason's :)

Thankyou all once again for your wonderful support and guidance . Jamie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Huusoku

Oct 19, 2009
Central Komifornia
✟7,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

I registered a few yrs ago and have always wanted to get involved. It's been many months since I last visited, finally visited again and decided to post to whatever thread was current.

I was raised SDA and earlier this century I stopped attending church, only going once or twice every 3 or 4 months. I still believed in what I was raised, I just started to slip away. Then in 2005 my friend invited me to a Bible study which was great because I hadn't been to one in quite some time.

It felt great meeting with old friends again, and we began watching many videos from Dr Walter Veith from Amazing Discoveries dot org and I realized I didn't know even 1% of what I thought I knew about the world. A real eye opener.

Since then I've returned to studying His word, church, and Bible studies. It has been rough in that while I was away from church I fell in love and married my wife who can be characterized as an agnostic, however open to the idea that there must be something or someone in charge of everything, I really made a fool out of myself and God by witnessing to her when I myself was really lost without knowing it. Bluntly speaking, I pretty much ruined for her the concept of a Loving God and Savior.

It was after this that I returned to the church and really began studying the Bible for myself. Moreover, I had never witnessed to anyone before, and had I the same compassion and understanding I have now, I know I could have presented God to her so much better.

It's difficult to share ones mistake, but the Lord sure has blessed me with many lessons. Maybe one day the seed I've planted will blossom by the grace of the Holy Spirit, but nevertheless I will continue to reflect the light of Jesus in my home and let my actions speak for me.

Looking forward to stopping by from time to time here :-D

Regards,
Huusoku

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum JCPM! I see you have been lead to the Sabbath truth, do you ascribe to any other SDA teachings? I know you said you are non denominational but do you read EG White at all?

God bless and have a great Sabbath!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
you may go to our web site: Jesus Christ Prison Ministry and see if we ascribe to any other SDA teachings. I just follow the teachings of Jesus. You are welcome to see and let me know. Love in Jesus.

I was at your site but didn't go all the way through yet. Praise be to God for the work you are doing with these men!

I know you want traffic to your site but I hope not all questions directed to you are answered in such a cryptic way. I am just being curious as to your understanding of scripture in relation to my own.

God bless...

Ken

Upvote 0