Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it quite telling there towards the end how the gentleman doing the interview pulls out that book and asks the other to read Joseph Smith's words and he looks at it, I'm assuming he saw the quote, then closed the book and denied it. Signs of the times. The only thing that will make a change in the world around us is a renewal of the Holy Spirit in the entirety of the church. People now a days so easily reject the truth because of the viewpoint of there are many ways to get to God so I don't have to change my way, that attitude. Really sad to see, it really is.

The gentleman did the message out though, well sorta. An apologetic argument for the discrediting of someone else's belief isn't what saves them, so I guess in that sense he didn't, but I do suppose that if you can get someone who falsely believes to doubt their beliefs enough that they could in turn find the truth. I just don't recall hearing the gospel presented during that interview.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The apologetic bloke comes across as a know all - no grace or gentleness - even though he may be right. He needs to read 1 Timothy 2v22-26.

The mormons have a nice spirit - although deceived.

You can win the argument and lose the heart of a person for sure.

"convince a man against his will, and he is of the same opinion still"!

"Come holy spirit - convict that man by your spirit - gently, may he see the light of truth, thats my prayer. Amen" x

Upvote 0