Not open for further replies.

fireman88

Jan 28, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
After being single for 2 years (since the time I gave my life to Jesus,) the Lord provided me with an amazing, beautiful woman of God. Ever since we started dating, I have been attacked like crazy. I constantly get thoughts of being inadequate, of not being able to be the man of God I so desperately want to be. I want to lead this relationship to God, but I am constantly bombarded with lust, anger, and insecurities. Please pray for me, that I may trust only in the Lord and not listen to anything that I know is of the world. Because even though I know all these thoughts are lies from the enemy, they're so loud that I can't hear anything else. Thank you.

who93

Jul 28, 2007
✟15,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you are undergoing some serious spiritual warfare right now. When that happens to me or my husband, reading and/or memorizing Ephesians 6:10-20 is helpful. God will see you through this. Just keep your focus on Him and on the truth of scripture.

I have prayed for you. God bless!

Reactions: Isatis
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :)
You will be in my prayers for the Lord to bless you in His Merciful Love :crossrc:

ph.gif
O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You.
Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me.
Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it.
I promise to be submissive in everything
that You permit to happen to me,

Only show me what is Your will.
~Cardinal Mercier

Upvote 0

OThomas777

God is good! ALL the time!
Jan 24, 2012
✟7,706.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After being single for 2 years (since the time I gave my life to Jesus,) the Lord provided me with an amazing, beautiful woman of God. Ever since we started dating, I have been attacked like crazy. I constantly get thoughts of being inadequate, of not being able to be the man of God I so desperately want to be. I want to lead this relationship to God, but I am constantly bombarded with lust, anger, and insecurities. Please pray for me, that I may trust only in the Lord and not listen to anything that I know is of the world. Because even though I know all these thoughts are lies from the enemy, they're so loud that I can't hear anything else. Thank you.
God Bless you Brother.. hang in there! First of all you need to be reminded who you are in Christ Jesus. for one you are more then a conqueror , you are His son a prince, and He has given you all authority over ALL I remind you of the devil's schemes! So take authority over the enemy in Jesus name! Lord Father I lift up your son, give him the strength he needs, Lord remind him of who he is in you, through all your beautiful promises. Lord fill him up. and I come against all the lies and works of the enemy right NO by the blood of Jesus You have NO authority over God's children He is a son of the living God, I break all your powers, I bind you by the blood of Jesus you must leave NOW in Jesus name AMEN Brother stay strong in God's word, and in prayer know that God's word NEVER returns to Him void. God Bless you:prayer::clap::wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God thank You for bringing salvation to this one. May You strengthen him and deliver him from all temptation. May he see and know in his heart that Your grace is sufficient for him, In Jesus Name, Amen.
"Resist the devil and he will flee from you"

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"The battle is the Lord's." Praying for you to turn it over to Him and let Him give you the victory.

It does sound like spiritual attacks. Singing, even humming, praise'worship songs can help a lot when those attacks come. See the stories of David singing for Saul, Paul & Silas singing in prison & getting a miraculous release, Yeshosophat's priests singing as huge armies came against Israel. We are told to praise far more than we are told to pray btw. "YHWH inhabits the praises of His people..." and where He is, the devil ain't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

scrambled

Jan 29, 2012
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have those same battles. Awareness is helping... being aware of the times when your eyes start to drift, you draw them back and know it's the enemy's influence. Be aware of your thoughts, and when the impure thought enters, know it's the enemy's influence. It's almost easier to tag those thoughts every time they emerge as 'enemy influence' then it is to try to be perfect. Because every time you tag or label that thought, and file it away, you're taking more control and giving it back to God.
Hang in there... I'm in the same battle.
Praying for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.