Violagirl

Dec 22, 2013
✟24,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I'm needing prayers for a friendship that I'm upset is ending. A year ago, I became really close friends with a coworker. We would get together once a month outside of work and occasionally also have lunch together. I'm someone that is friendly with everyone but it takes a lot for me to really let someone get to know me. I really connected with this person and was really able to open up to them. Since this past October, they have seemed to withdrawn from wanting to have a friendship outside of work. We are still polite with one another at work but they told me they wanted to keep work life separate from their personal life. Since last week, they now no longer want to have lunch with me. I respect that they feel that way but I can't help but feel like I did something wrong. It started out with not texting or have any social media correspondence back in October but now it's completely they don't want to be around me outside of work. I've been really bad about it and have been ruminating over it. I have talked to them about it previously but it just hasn't helped. I'm praying that I can let this go and not let it upset anymore. I'm working to get to know other people from my work and have plans to get together with a couple of other coworkers in the near future and get to know them more but I'm still upset over the friendship with my other coworker ending. The worst part about it is that I don't feel like they care from previous conversations I've had with them but I still have to converse with them directly for our job. I'm praying it gets easier and these feelings of hurt will subside. :(

Last edited:

Sister glorious

"Ad Dei gloriam"!!!
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
✟11,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
Prayers.I'd also like to share with you that a friendship I had with a co-worker ended for me about two years ago.It hurts but well I look at my experience like it was just time for me and that other person to go our separate ways for a while.These things happen I guess.But stay encouraged and don't stop trying to reach out in friendship to others.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, Jesus, You know from Your earthly life what it is for people to walk away from a relationship with You (John 6). May You guide this one in their thinking, and Holy Spirit minister to them in their feelings. Lord, direct them in how to respond and how to continue going forward after such break ups. Help us discern where to focus our attentions, and on whom, and to be wise stewards of the time we put into relationships. Matthew 6:33. Amen.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've lost a close friend a couple yrs ago and it still hurts especially since
I tried to make up to her,and etc and it just didnt work.She goes to my church but treats me like im invisible.

Upvote 0

Sister glorious

"Ad Dei gloriam"!!!
Dec 23, 2017
Florida
✟11,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
I've lost a close friend a couple yrs ago and it still hurts especially since
I tried to make up to her,and etc and it just didnt work.She goes to my church but treats me like im invisible.
That's sad that even when you tried to make up your friend wasn't receptive.Sometimes people can really discourage us. That's why I always pray for strength to treat people right and let my light shine even when they are giving me the "cold" shoulder.My prayer is that we can all just love each other and get along.Amen.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is sad and it took me a long time to get over it,I have forgiven her in my heart
but it still makes me uncomfortable running in to her at church and being nice to her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Violagirl

Dec 22, 2013
✟24,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers. It has been hard but I'm still trying hard to be friendly with this person at work and be a friend on my end. I offered them a ride home from work with me and it was nice. Still not sure where we stand. I'm going to try reaching out one more time to invite to hang out sometime outside of work but if they don't say yes, then I'll know it's time to let it go. If they say they can't I'll likely tell then that I understand things are busy for them now but that I still value their friendship. I'll also tell them that if there comes a point in time where they do want to catch up and hang out outside of work again sometime, that I'll leave it to them to let me know and will then let it go. Not sure what else to do.

Upvote 0