Imminent Health Care Bill Vote, What's Wrong with it?

What's Wrong with the Health Care Bill?

• Democratic Obstruction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • President Trump for whatever reason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Medicaid expansion in all states would have helped with that (not solved, but helped). Too bad Republican governors care more about party than people.

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid
While the Medicaid expansion was intended to be national, the June 2012 Supreme Court ruling essentially made it optional for states. (The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid)

Indiana was one of those states that opted out, thanks Mike Pence.

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's nothing wrong with Trump's notion of healthcare.

The problem is that this country is full of immature liberals, throwing their tantrum, and so many conservatives who simply aren't in touch with the world they live in.

The insurance standard in this country fails under a hurting economy, because you cannot afford insurance without a good job that offers it.
A scraped knee costs you a small fortune without it, and that is a monumental problem.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

The problem is that this country is full of immature liberals, throwing their tantrum, and so many conservatives who simply aren't in touch with the world they live in.

The insurance standard in this country fails under a hurting economy, because you cannot afford insurance without a good job that offers it.
A scraped knee costs you a small fortune without it, and that is a monumental problem.

It's the liberals' fault that the Republican proposal has abysmally poor polling numbers?

It's the liberals' fault that Trump and McConnel can't rally their own party to vote for this monstrosity?

Give me a break.

• Agree
Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Insurance companies are under capitalized, that's what deregulation will get you. Now they take those premiums and gamble them on Wall Street so when catastrophic heath care crisis hits, like an aging baby boomer generation it get shifted back on the tax payers. Why not go back to regulating them sensibly.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's the liberals' fault that the Republican proposal has abysmally poor polling numbers?

It's the liberals' fault that Trump and McConnel can't rally their own party to vote for this monstrosity?

Give me a break.

Epaiscoplian- somewhere between Methodist and Catholic.
Perhaps semi-Anglican?

Either way, I don't agree with your assessment anymore than I do your church theology.
Liberals sort of brought back an economy that suffered by the oil industry, and pretends that it is superior when really liberals have no interest in the American standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What does this mean, 'suffered by the oil industry.'

Bush's battles sucked the oil from the ground- a resource that every modern economy relies on for it's importance in running industrial or agricultural work and transporting their goods.

^_^

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have mixed feelings about Republicans squeaking through to the finish line with this dangerous, harmful bill favored by only 12% of Americans.

What's wrong with it? Consult the position papers of the AMA, AARP, USCCB, Catholic Health Association, Congressional Budget Office, American Cancer Society, Heart Association---for starters. Why do they oppose it? Depending on the version, there are 22 million, 24 million, or 32 million reasons, along with 915,000 unemployed, hospital closures in rural areas...

When I am optimistic, I think about the good aspects of this--massive Republican losses in 2018, even more so if they continue to defend the indefensible administration. Extreme threats call for extreme measures, and we have never been in need of a complete government overhaul more than we are today.

When I am pessimistic, I think about people who could lose their insurance and even die because of Republican treachery....

If they repeal and don't replace until January 2019, even when Democrats take over Congress, the "good" replacement bill they send to the president will be trashed, and, true to form, he will attempt to shift blame on to them completely (although I do believe that his credibility will be close to 0% at that point, so it may not matter).

I just want to see America getting out of its current mess with as few casualties as possible, and if Republicans going on the offensive against everyday Americans will speed that along, it might be OK.

Of course we will all need to keep up our pressure and advocacy, and never stop reminding people who put them in the mess they'll be in.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bush's battles sucked the oil from the ground- a resource that every modern economy relies on for it's importance in running industrial or agricultural work and transporting their goods.

^_^
Sorry I don't see that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Epaiscoplian- somewhere between Methodist and Catholic.
Perhaps semi-Anglican?

Either way, I don't agree with your assessment anymore than I do your church theology.
Liberals sort of brought back an economy that suffered by the oil industry, and pretends that it is superior when really liberals have no interest in the American standard.

So you are saying that the bill is popular and the McConnell / Trump have managed to secure yes votes from all 52 Republican senators? Because both these beliefs are demonstrably untrue.

And, oil production went down under Bush, and up under Obama.

IMG_0095.GIF

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Tuesday's vote (if successful) would only open debate on the yet to be revealed, oh-so-secret bill.
At this point I welcome an open discussion of the bill and any information on what is in it I can get.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married