I'm very scared, very lonely, please help.

God4Life77

Mar 15, 2021
Northern California
✟9,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

I am a 50+ year old christian woman, and my husband is leaving me and moving to another country.

For the last decade I became very depressed and I didn't build any relationships, I don't have any friends. I pushed everyone away in my life including my children and family. I didn't work because of depression, and I don't have any social security savings at all for retirement, nor any money. I am scared, I don't know where I will live and too depressed to get a job.

I would love to make a few friends on here if possible, (I'm not trying to pick up on men). Please pray for me PLEASE.. I feel so alone!

Last edited:

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I will be praying for you sister. Welcome to the forums. I hope and pray for Christ's peace to wash over you tonight and in the future.

God bless you!

Upvote 0

Cymbal glow

Mar 7, 2021
Berkshire
✟16,620.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not alone. I'm praying for you.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just read: Gospel of John 8:29 Jesus saying

29 The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him.”

It can be difficult to stay focused on our mission, our sense of being sent here for a reason.

I know it is a struggle for me.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Additionally you can pray for that peace yourself, that the Holy Spirit will come along side and calm you. I just lost my wife after 47 years married back in Dec to a sudden heart attack and I can't count the times I've prayed that prayer and it brought calm very quickly. But you have to trust that He will be faithful to do it.

Welcome to the forum !!

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I am a 50+ year old christian woman, and my husband is leaving me and moving to another country.

For the last decade I became very depressed and I didn't build any relationships, I don't have any friends. I pushed everyone away in my life including my children and family. I didn't work because of depression, and I don't have any social security savings at all for retirement, nor any money. I am scared, I don't know where I will live and too depressed to get a job.

I would love to make a few friends on here if possible, (I'm not trying to pick up on men). Please pray for me and PLEASE!.. I feel so alone!

God is with you dear sister, welcome to CF. Began to read your Bible and pray, the spirit of the Lord will sustain and strengthen you.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I would love to make a few friends on here if possible, (I'm not trying to pick up on men). Please pray for me and PLEASE!.. I feel so alone!
We will!

Also, each day pray the deeply necessary prayer Christ gave for all of us to use each day:

9“This, then, is how you should pray:

“ ‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’

Matthew 6 NIV

God bless you, and welcome to CF.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God is so faithful If We Will Trust Him. We may not be able to trust man so well but we can trust God.
Isaiah 41:10-13

New International Version

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

11 “All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.
13 For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Welcome once again !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @God4Life77, have you called your pastor and talked to him about all that you are going through right now? If not, I'd recommend doing so as soon as you can (my pastor is the first person I call when I have a problem that seems too big to handle).

Our pastors (the Lord's undershepherds) are tasked by Him with keeping a close watch over our souls .. e.g. Hebrews 13:17, and as such, they are great at giving us guidance, godly counsel/comfort. And once you've talked to him, he'll also have a better/more specific idea about how to pray for you too.

Praying for you!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - I should also say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

@bèlla does hold some good advice for you to start on a path to recovery from your problems and a better hope for the future, I think, Miss God4Life. In any event, I am sure that most of our pm boxes will be open for you if you wish to talk things out, even if just to listen and let you cry on our shoulder if you need to. Will be praying that your daily life gets better than this and that God will be with you all the while, as I know it must be a very tough and fearful time for you right now.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Hello,

My mother was a housewife and didn't have much of an income but got SSI based upon my father's income. It was less than his but was money never the less. If he is leaving you then perhaps you should file for divorce based upon abandonment and/or adultery and get a settlement based upon his holdings and retirement income.
I would see a lawyer for advice you may be able to get free legal help assistance perhaps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Social Security offers a divorced spouse benefit. @Sophrosyne made me recall it with his comment. :)

Social Security's Divorced Spouse Benefits is federally funded and administered by the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). These benefits are paid to divorced
spouses of workers who are receiving (or are eligible to receive) Social Security benefits.

Who is eligible for Social Security Divorced Spouse Benefits?

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must meet the following requirements:
  • Be at least 62 years old and not currently married.
  • Be divorced from a person who receives Social Security retirement or disability benefits.
  • Have been married to that person for at least 10 years before the date the divorce became final.
  • Not be entitled an equal or higher retirement or disability benefits.
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of Social Security's benefit programs, use SSA’s Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool.

Once you have completed the eligibility screening questionnaire, you will be provided with a list of benefits for which you may be eligible. Print the list for your records before going to the application site.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

You can feel free to message me anytime. I would be glad to talk to you.

Upvote 0