• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I'm tired of giving religionists a pass

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Phred, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenchyBearpaw

FrenchyBearpaw Take time for granite.

+64
    Atheist
    Married
    I'm intrigued Tracy, does this "flying spaghetti monster" have a gluten free sect? If so, how do I convert? I ate some pasta last Saturday night, does this count?

2. FrenchyBearpaw

+64
    Atheist
    Married
    Not to mention human sacrifice.

3. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+735
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    You know how it always seems that god wants/loves/hates the same things his followers do? I think that applies in this case.

4. Mr. Pedantic

Mr. Pedantic Newbie

+29
    Atheist
    Single
    Well, Aaron...may I call you Aaron?...eating pasta is a very fine first step on the road towards accepting the Flying Spaghetti Monster into your life, for only then can he act as your light and savior. The more pasta you eat, the more he will love you; this is undisputed. Yes, there are those among us who are gluten-free. The mercy and wisdom of our Lord and Savior has shone through with gluten-free pasta, that even those poor individuals plagued by the diseases of Coeliacs and Inflammatory Bowel, given to them by false prophets in an attempt to lure them away from the light, can enjoy pasta for all eternity.

In his noodly appendage

Mark.

5. plindboe

plindboe Senior Member

+151
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    So God writes science on our hearts? Where exactly on this muscle tissue is science written?

Peter :)

6. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,415
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Try again.

Romans 12:1a I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,

7. cupid dave

cupid dave Guest

+0
    2X

This presenting of one's body in the name of Truth for a living sacrifice if beed be is what Rev Martin luther King did, for instance.

8. FrenchyBearpaw

+64
    Atheist
    Married
    Ok.

9. cupid dave

cupid dave Guest

+0
    Yeah, it makes sense today, that we must stand up for Truth, if we want things in our life and the life of future generations to go right.

Salvation...?

10. No Time

No Time Guest

+0
    Salvation from what?

11. gaara4158

gaara4158 I prefer you trust your reason.

+1,287
    United States
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The Promised Land to whom? You? If all you have to do is say it's the promised land, I'm afraid you've been watching too many religious films.

12. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,935
    Agnostic
    We already tried that. They called it the Dark Ages.

Salvation from a hell that christianity invented? That's like a snake oil salesman selling a cure for a disease he just made up on the spot.

13. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    Actually in a way we are a part of the promise. As far as the New Jerusalem is concerned.

14. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,158
    Ignostic
    Married
    If there are paradoxes, they shouldn't get a free pass.

So how do you resolve these paradoxes? How can something have contradictory properties and still be possible? Is this 'Trinity' concept defined within the bible?

15. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,158
    Ignostic
    Married
    Because they were written by different people, with different agendas?

16. gaara4158

gaara4158 I prefer you trust your reason.

+1,287
    United States
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Right, according to the Bible, which can't be confirmed.

17. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    Yes, that is something that can not be confirmed. Science is a lot better at confirming what takes place in the past, compared to what is going to take place in the future. For example a lot of the cities we read about in the Bible we are able to confirm because the ruins are still there today.

18. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    Can you list them, please?

All five hundred or so Lake Victoria cichlids evolved after humans. So did quite a long list of other new species whose formation humans observed first-hand. And so on, yadda yadda yadda.

As to dominance, humans are only "dominant" if you're already predisposed to think that. We don't have the largest biomass, nor the largest number of individuals, nor probably the greatest ecological impact on the rest of life. We are the last surviving species of a previously more diverse lineage.

We're a darn effective invasive species, I'll give you that...

I wonder if you can find any Bible verses in the human proteome ^_^

Or scientific laws.

Hmm, EEQUALSMCSQUARED isn't quite a valid amino acid sequence...

EEQVALSMCSQVARED is, but I couldn't find it in the Genbank collection of human proteins :(

Anyone got any more science that could be written in a protein?

19. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,935
    Agnostic
    Are you saying that humans are completely incapable of writing fiction that contains real places?

20. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    I knew Harry Potter was real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.