I'm tired of giving religionists a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cupid dave

There are more than six layers of rock in just the cliffs I can reach with a five-minute walk. Seriously, have you ever seen real rocks?

For starters, the number of mass extinctions is also arbitrary. Not to mention that many cataclysms don't subdivide anything. Just to pick one, precisely which boundary in your scheme does the Manicouagan impact mark? (Hint: none. It's in the middle of the Late Triassic.).

let me break it down for you this way:

THE CLOCK USED IN GENESIS ONE:

a012b9e3.jpg

1. Formative/Cosmologic Era-Hadean Era/ = First Day

BBstageschart.jpg

2. Hadean Era-Archaean Era/ = Second Day

hadean.jpg

3. Archaean Era-Proterozoic Era/ = Third Day

Archeanchart.jpg

4. Proterozoic Era-Paleozoic Era/ = Fourth Day

protero.jpg

5. Paleozoic Era-Mesozoic Era/ = Fifth Day

paleochart.jpg

6. Mesozoic Era-Cenozoic Era/ = Six Day

mesozoic.jpg

7. Cenozoic Era-Common Era/ = Seventh Day

cenozoic.jpg

Upvote 0

British Bulldog

Jul 8, 2011
south oxfordshire
✟574.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Oh please, i showed why those "experiments" are worthless. Control is an element of the scientific method, and you have none.

LOL. You've never shown anything, it is one of your distinguishing characteristics. Do you know what a double blind test actually means?

Upvote 0

British Bulldog

Jul 8, 2011
south oxfordshire
✟574.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have shown plenty. And your questions pertains to both kinds of music, country and western.

You're strong on baseless assertions, but evidence, not so hot. As to avoiding answering direct questions, again, quite strong. A typical post of yours runs along the lines of rejection of any objections raised, but without actually addressing the objections, followed by vague but pleased with yourself claims about being able to see things others can't. I doubt this inspires confidence even in those who are on the same team as you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
This has no bearing to a blind man. Ultimately, he has to take your word for any of this before he can even begin to grasp the concept.

Not at all. You can devise a machine that measures the wavelengths of light and can output the results in braille or in audible results. In fact, it wouldn't be that difficult to translate light into sound which is exactly what your radio does. By changing the radio to a light sensor you can directly relate to a blind man the differences in shades of blue.

If something exists in reality there are ways to demonstrate that this something exists in a manner that everyone can measure in a consistent and reliable manner. It is called empiricism. If this spiritual realm is real then you should be able to cite evidence that it exists other than your belief that it exists.

No, you really don't. We're not talking about radio waves, light waves, nor anything that fits in a test tube. How you fail to perceive this escapes me.

How do you fail to understand what evidence is. How do you fail to understand why assertions must be backed up by evidence. Beliefs are not evidence.

Have you said anything with any meaning yet? If I were a betting man, I would lay odds that what you refer to via the word "believe," has no bearing on Christianity.

I spent the first 22 years of my life in the church. Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread was reviewed and is being closed. It is generating reports, and there is flaming, particularly against creationists.

Reactions: razeontherock
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.