Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Questionable origin and authenticity to whom? you?

Questionable to anyone who reads all the supernatural and extraordinary claims in a book that claims itself to be true, when nothing supernatural or extraordinary on such a level has ever been observed or evident to anyone. Not surprising, all other books making claims on a similar level are either self-admittedly fiction by their authors, or they are yet another religious text.

Why do you question the Qu'ran or the Bhagavad Gita?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you question the Qu'ran or the Bhagavad Gita?
I don't -- it's not a matter of questioning.

Instead, I claim that the Scriptures were completed in AD 96, and anything after that is fiction.

The serpent asked Eve, "Yea, hath God said...?" then, when she answered, said, in effect, "Not so!"

This same format is still used today.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

You are mistaken. While it cannot be proven that there are *no* gods, individual gods can be shown as being impossible to exist, based on how they are defined.

For instance, if you have defined your particular deity as having contradictory properties, then we can rule it out as a possibility.

Maybe...

Some times a paradox arises because we have not properly described the God.
As we examine the apparent contradiction we being to revise our traditional understanding of the god.

Trinity is a good example for this argument.

We see the harsh, rigid, stern Father on the Old Testament in contrast to his son, loving and forgiving, in the New Testament.

Meanwhile, the Holy Spirit of Truth lies between them both, demanding that we understand how to behave in order to avoid punishment.:)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the Bhagavad Gita was written around 3000 BCE
Are you into horoscopes now?
Wikipedia said:
As with all of the Mahabharata, the text of the Gītā cannot be dated with certainty. Some astrologers have calculated the Bhagavad Gita traditionally being revealed circa 3000 BCE based purely on Sri Krishna's horoscope.
... or are you placing your faith in what Sri Krishna says, much like we do Bishop Usher?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We see the harsh, rigid, stern Father on the Old Testament in contrast to his son, loving and forgiving, in the New Testament.
Any idea why that is?

Do you think maybe because the OT covers a 4000-year period, and the NT only 100 years?

This means the Father handled every situation from peace to war and back to peace again; not to mention idolatry.

By contrast, His Son didn't address nearly 1/40th of that.

But for the record, if you're interested in another side of Jesus, more in line with the Old Testament -- read the book of Revelation.

My pastor believes that Jesus will put an end to Armageddon by going through the land, personally cutting the heads off of those fighting the Jews, and in some places the blood with be so deep, it will come up to the horses' bridles.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Are you into horoscopes now?

... or are you placing your faith in what Sri Krishna says, much like we do Bishop Usher?

It's not me. By your reasoning, you should be into astrology. Why would you question astrology? It, too, predates the bible. You appear to be only reinforcing my point here.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My pastor believes that Jesus will put an end to Armageddon by going through the land, personally cutting the heads off of those fighting the Jews, and in some places the blood with be so deep, it will come up to the horses' bridles.
Your guys fascination with death, blood and violence is, in a word, disturbing.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Let's remember that the bible is best seller and you likely have one.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The bible speaks to many scientific facts that writers of the day knew nothing about proving a higher intelligence was involved.

Evidence please.

The point being that Genesis was still written prior to todays modern science and shows incredible insights many of which have been relatively recent discoveries.

We are looking for the scientific evidence that species were magically poofed into being. Where is that evidence? Where is the evidence that this deity exists at all?

The thread calls for evidence of creation and does not specify what sort of evidence that should be.

Empirical evidence.

The fossil record demonstrates apes and mankind and families of kinds and no intermediates

You have already admitted that you will not consider any fossil to be intermediate, no matter what features it has. Your opinion is meaningless on this topic.

I have provided research on wave theory that is as robust as the nonsense put up to uphold Big Bang.

We are looking for evidence of creationism and the christian deity. Where is it?

For me it is about the weight one wants to give to any research. I choose to align with a book that demonstrates superior intelligence as a guide than with unstable theories and reasonings that are in evolution themelves.

Evidence of the superior intelligence please.

I choose to align with the research that supports a book that has been proven to be scientifically accurate . . .

Please provide evidence for creationism.

Links are not evidence. Explain the evidence in your own words. This is not a suggested reading forum. This is a discussion forum.

To suggest that creationists are the ones given some sort of free pass is humorous to say the least.

Look at all the claims you have made without any evidence whatsoever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Anybody, other than the Bible, that says that?

I'll call you who I like.

Dave.
Look here Roger, the Bible is really old, and was written by a bunch of different authors (some of who we don't even know), made a lot fulfilled prophecies, and millions of people believe it! Just search it for yourself and pray about it, the Holy Spirit will reveal this truth to you, like it has for so many others.

-Henry

Upvote 0

Mr. Pedantic

Jul 13, 2011
Auckland
✟9,178.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Look here Roger, the Bible is really old, and was written by a bunch of different authors (some of who we don't even know), made a lot fulfilled prophecies, and millions of people believe it! Just search it for yourself and pray about it, the Holy Spirit will reveal this truth to you, like it has for so many others.

-Henry
Look here, matey, I don't care if the Bible rogered the Duke of York with a prize-winning leek! We all know that the flying spaghetti monster is the one Truth. Eric, your Bible is just spouting the words of a false prophet - one, I might add, who did not even know what pasta was! What blasphemy!

In his noodly appendage

Matthew.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.