Feb 23, 2015
✟15,127.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I'm saying is be mindful that there are far more people lurking here than posting. Your
attitude will help to shape their impression of Catholics. Do you think they want to join a church full of arrogant, self-righteous blowhards? Would you? (that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, btw)

You don't know how true this last statement in your post is. I am a convert. It took me 25 years. I didn't cone to the decision lightly and there are days I still play devil's advocate to reassure myself I've made the right decision. CAF is not a good place for Converts/Inquirers and there have been a few posts here where after only reading a short dialogue I have backed out of thread...SMH. IMHO some cradle Catholics are bothered when they find out the knowledgeable person is a Convert and are suddenly put off. What some don't understand is as a Convert we had to study and search out truth and then by conscious choice made the decision Catholicism is truth. Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

houseofsaul

Feb 23, 2015
✟15,127.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess because I am new and I thought I had something to share. And I didn't see that thread was closed. Sorry to have offended. Guess I will just peruse threads for "helpful" information here in OBOB and not do any posting at all. I had hoped this forum would be different than CAF. Peace.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, the two of us come to mind, right bro? ;););):p

It's possible that even participating at CAF is a sin, considering how badly they have treated so many of their members

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
I guess because I am new and I thought I had something to share. And I didn't see that thread was closed. Sorry to have offended. Guess I will just peruse threads for "helpful" information here in OBOB and not do any posting at all. I had hoped this forum would be different than CAF. Peace.

Houseof Saul, Don't take any offense. Anhelyna is one of the kindest and most decent posters here, and I know she meant no offense. keep posting. And welcome (from another Kentuckian.)

Upvote 0

wondrousgnat

Feb 27, 2013
Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many cradle Catholics take their faith for granted. And often know little about it. But joining the Catholic church is not like switching other churches. You really have to learn something about it. Many come out of RCIA knowing more about it than those who were born that way. Some even before they entered RCIA.
When I watch EWTN or read Catholic magazines and books the ones who seem to know the church best and are more faithful to its teachings are converts. It seems they have the most to teach us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Seriously, every time I go there, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. For example I just read this in a thread about mortal vs venial sin:

"STOP!!! Missing mass is a mortal sin. You go to hell for it, unless you are literally physically incapable of attending. You are Catholic and should know this.

I REPEAT.... MISSING MASS IS A MORTAL SIN THAT RENDERS ONE INCAPABLE OF ENTERING HEAVEN IF HE OR SHE DIES BEFORE GOING TO CONFESSION!!!"

You can't reason with people like that. I still read the aaa section, but I don't participate any more. Obob is better. Fewer people so you get to know who you're dealing with.

Wow. That's embarassing. I'm no where near that high strung these days. This thread is better off staying dead.

Thread closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.