Im seriously considering turning myself in.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So for six years now ive been guilty of committing a crime. Not going to say what it is as its a misdemeanor and not a felony. Odds are i would only get a fine and up to 90 days in jail if i even have to spend time in jail this time. Its a pretty minor crime that lots of people do.

Its the fine im worried about not the jail time as ive served time for Fraud before (and that was a minimum security prison this would be a slap on the wrist jail time.)

Although I guess being away from my wife scares me a little bit. Anyway ive been struggling with this. A good Christian would take his punishment, turn himself in, and plead guilty to a judge as im going to have to answer for it one day with God as well. But, its been six years now and the fine is probably climbing and climbing. I live off of ssi, i cannot afford a large fine. I cant work to pay my fine because im disabled. I feel stuck. What should I do? Can people pray for me?

And no its not fraud. Fraud is a felony and i buried that life with Christ.

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So for six years now ive been guilty of committing a crime. Not going to say what it is as its a misdemeanor and not a felony. Odds are i would only get a fine and up to 90 days in jail if i even have to spend time in jail this time. Its a pretty minor crime that lots of people do.

Its the fine im worried about not the jail time as ive served time for Fraud before (and that was a minimum security prison this would be a slap on the wrist jail time.)

Although I guess being away from my wife scares me a little bit. Anyway ive been struggling with this. A good Christian would take his punishment, turn himself in, and plead guilty to a judge as im going to have to answer for it one day with God as well. But, its been six years now and the fine is probably climbing and climbing. I live off of ssi, i cannot afford a large fine. I cant work to pay my fine because im disabled. I feel stuck. What should I do? Can people pray for me?

And no its not fraud. Fraud is a felony and i buried that life with Christ.
Do the right thing....turn yourself in....you will sleep much better.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that a Christian 'taking his punishment' from the courts is the issue.

Did you wrong someone, or was this more of a status offense with no actual victims?

No victims, like I said its something everyone does and a minor crime. Like recording off the TV for instance. Its illegal but everyone does it and to put everyone in Jail over a crime that everyone does.

But, I suppose I cannot get more information about it or more info on what to do unless I confess what I did. I got my dog about 6 years ago. I gave him his rabies shot when he was three months old, I was going to license him and get the paperwork involved and then, I honestly forgot. By the time I remembered my parents told me that the fine would be way too huge and advised me to just leave him with no license on. So I've not licensed him in six years nor kept up with his shots. The internet has been shaky on what would honestly happen if someone didn't license their dog for 6 years in New York State. In MI its a $250 fine and up to 90 days in Jail (apparently according to google) hence why I thought worst case scenario I'd spend 90 days in jail. I have a record like I said, so a judge might look at that when deciding my punishment.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
6 years is a long time ago. misdemeanor, eh so it's not even serious. probably got punished enough in your own mind.

Nah its not serious. I've just been worried about the fine honestly for the last six years. We live in the middle of the woods so odds are nobody would call the cops but, I've been thinking lately its probably better to just accept my punishment and worry about the fine later. Even though I am in pretty large debt at the moment from the stuff my wife and I recently bought.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Talk to a lawyer in confidentiality to advise you as a good lawyer may be able to advise you on the best way to handle this and may even get you a better deal than you would yourself by just throwing yourself on the mercy of the court system as Judges and prosecutors vary in how zealous they are. A good lawyer can plead your case in a more positive way than you may be able to do yourself and misdemeanors can often be "bargained" down to paying a penalty that is less expensive and may have community service vs jail time even.

Ok now I see the "reason" for worry after I typed all of this. I would just go to a vet and get the shots up to date and if they say something and want to fine you then deal with it then.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No victims, like I said its something everyone does and a minor crime. Like recording off the TV for instance. Its illegal but everyone does it and to put everyone in Jail over a crime that everyone does.

But, I suppose I cannot get more information about it or more info on what to do unless I confess what I did. I got my dog about 6 years ago. I gave him his rabies shot when he was three months old, I was going to license him and get the paperwork involved and then, I honestly forgot. By the time I remembered my parents told me that the fine would be way too huge and advised me to just leave him with no license on. So I've not licensed him in six years nor kept up with his shots. The internet has been shaky on what would honestly happen if someone didn't license their dog for 6 years in New York State. In MI its a $250 fine and up to 90 days in Jail (apparently according to google) hence why I thought worst case scenario I'd spend 90 days in jail. I have a record like I said, so a judge might look at that when deciding my punishment.
You're not going to jail for not licensing your dog.

I, honestly, would forget about it ...

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nah its not serious. I've just been worried about the fine honestly for the last six years. We live in the middle of the woods so odds are nobody would call the cops but, I've been thinking lately its probably better to just accept my punishment and worry about the fine later. Even though I am in pretty large debt at the moment from the stuff my wife and I recently bought.
people that act like you are just what tyrants want imo. the bigger crime is that you are so ready to punish yourself over corrupt people taking others money by making up all kinds of silly rules.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Talk to a lawyer in confidentiality to advise you as a good lawyer may be able to advise you on the best way to handle this and may even get you a better deal than you would yourself by just throwing yourself on the mercy of the court system as Judges and prosecutors vary in how zealous they are. A good lawyer can plead your case in a more positive way than you may be able to do yourself and misdemeanors can often be "bargained" down to paying a penalty that is less expensive and may have community service vs jail time even.

Ok now I see the "reason" for worry after I typed all of this. I would just go to a vet and get the shots up to date and if they say something and want to fine you then deal with it then.

You mean a public defender? Do you get one of those for pleading guilty? I cannot afford my own lawyer and if its like a $250 fine for turning myself in that's a lot better than spending thousands on a lawyer. Especially when, I cannot see spending over a few months in Jail over this. And that was only MI that I could find that my state is either more aggressive on people who don't license their dogs or less. Idk. Maybe they also can take payment plans on fines? Idk the last time I was arrested, I was caught I didn't turn myself in and I could afford my fine and I didn't spend more than a year in prison because it was my first offense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
people that act like you are just what tyrants want imo. the bigger crime is that you are so ready to punish yourself over corrupt people taking others money by making up all kinds of silly rules.

What I'm worried about is, if the longer I wait with this, will my fine keep going up? Or if its the same standard fine if you get caught regardless of how long you've not licensed your dog.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You're not going to jail for not licensing your dog.

I, honestly, would forget about it ...

Perhaps. But, I am a little worried and would like to speak to a legal defender. But I probably have to be charged with something before the state will provide me with one.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would not keep giving a dog rabies shot to began with. Maybe every 4 years, but dogs are being over vaccinated if they are being given a rabies shot every year, especially an inside dog.

Do a titer to see if the dog would need another shot.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My honest opinion is don't do it. You live in the middle of the woods anyways so the point of those rules barely applies. Get the shots if you can but that's all I'd worry about.

Can I take him to get his shot without a license tag though? I know its massively irresponsible to not have a vaccinated dog, we watch him and he rarely if ever comes in contact with wild animals we keep him tied up when he's outside.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would not keep giving a dog rabies shot to began with. Maybe every 4 years, but dogs are being over vaccinated if they are being given a rabies shot every year, especially an inside dog.

Do a titer to see if the dog would need another shot.

I believe it, they make you get a shot every year. Sounds kind of ridiculous and at $150 a pop its quite expensive. That's what I paid six years ago too.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I'm worried about is, if the longer I wait with this, will my fine keep going up? Or if its the same standard fine if you get caught regardless of how long you've not licensed your dog.
I think the worry is from hellish spirits, personally. :/

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
You mean a public defender? Do you get one of those for pleading guilty? I cannot afford my own lawyer and if its like a $250 fine for turning myself in that's a lot better than spending thousands on a lawyer. Especially when, I cannot see spending over a few months in Jail over this. And that was only MI that I could find that my state is either more aggressive on people who don't license their dogs or less. Idk. Maybe they also can take payment plans on fines? Idk the last time I was arrested, I was caught I didn't turn myself in and I could afford my fine and I didn't spend more than a year in prison because it was my first offense.
Since I originally replied after only reading your first post my advice was based upon having no information and I did add to the post later. Likely you can just call the city agency and tell them your situation and see what they say. It is possible if you just get the dog up to date they won't bother you with fines and stuff as you aren't posing a public danger where you are you don't have the dog walking on public property.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Since I originally replied after only reading your first post my advice was based upon having no information and I did add to the post later. Likely you can just call the city agency and tell them your situation and see what they say. It is possible if you just get the dog up to date they won't bother you with fines and stuff as you aren't posing a public danger where you are you don't have the dog walking on public property.

Right he just stays in our front yard tied up when he has to use the bathroom. He sometimes will bark at people who come to our door and bark at every car that goes by but that's about it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe it, they make you get a shot every year. Sounds kind of ridiculous and at $150 a pop its quite expensive. That's what I paid six years ago too.

I was stupid and did the once a year rabies shot for one of my dogs (that was when, not really knowing better i just followed the routine).

And two days (my dog was 10 at the time) after his rabies shot he began having trouble walking in his hind legs. Got to the point he could not walk. So (to make this shorter) I ended up taking him to Ms State (they have a veterinary school) and $5000.00 later after every single test done they could not find anything, but would not admit that it could have been the shot.

He eventually got better by me searching out natural help for hind legs paralysis. And giving him supplements that help bring him back.

I no longer give my dogs rabies shots every year

Upvote 0