Im seriously considering turning myself in.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about getting counciling for it. It would empress the judge and go easy on you and may not even fine you and put you on probation.
They like to see you take the initiative toward making restitution and getting help. Then go and confess and your council ing will be on record. I am sure you can get free counciling if you are low income.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about getting counciling for it. It would empress the judge and go easy on you and may not even fine you and put you on probation.
They like to see you take the initiative toward making restitution and getting help. Then go and confess and your council ing will be on record. I am sure you can get free counciling if you are low income.
Oh well, I just read your confession post. Nevermind,lol

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,280.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are you absolutely sure that you know what the fine would be? It seems like there are a lot of opinions, but how much of them are based on in depth research?

I am sorry to say that I absolutely could not advise you one way or another. Honestly I wonder if anyone can, aside from the Almighty.

I pray you will get light and guidance and mercy in every way from the heavenly father.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So for six years now ive been guilty of committing a crime. Not going to say what it is as its a misdemeanor and not a felony. Odds are i would only get a fine and up to 90 days in jail if i even have to spend time in jail this time. Its a pretty minor crime that lots of people do.

Its the fine im worried about not the jail time as ive served time for Fraud before (and that was a minimum security prison this would be a slap on the wrist jail time.)

Although I guess being away from my wife scares me a little bit. Anyway ive been struggling with this. A good Christian would take his punishment, turn himself in, and plead guilty to a judge as im going to have to answer for it one day with God as well. But, its been six years now and the fine is probably climbing and climbing. I live off of ssi, i cannot afford a large fine. I cant work to pay my fine because im disabled. I feel stuck. What should I do? Can people pray for me?

And no its not fraud. Fraud is a felony and i buried that life with Christ.

God judges the secret things (not man) ... if you have confessed and asked for forgiveness ... then receive it and don't take it back. I wouldn't worry about it nor continue to condem your self about it. You have received forgiveness and the opportunity to begin anew. Praise God!

Praying the Lord will give you peace of mind. Amen.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do the right thing....turn yourself in....you will sleep much better.
After hearing what you did, I'd not worry about it...just start paying now...it would be a waste of $ for tax payers to have to pay to keep someone in jail for not buying a dog license.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why not Get the dog tags and go get the shots ? The dog should be tagged anyway. If you're gonna own a dog you need to be prepared to be responsible, if you can't do that then give the dog away to someone who can. But you don't need to beat yourself up over this meanwhile.

On another note Around here they have mobile pet clinics for shots and even some typical surgeries, these are provided at reduced rates. Once you get signed up it's just a matter of waiting for the date the truck comes into the appointed area. We had two cat's neutered by one of those. Course they were traumatized any time a white cloth or paper towel came near them for six months after but all turned out well in the end. Having those parts snipped I would be too. Just sayin.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I honestly didn't know that was illegal. I don't have a dog, but have a cat. I should get her updated. But no, I had no idea it was even illegal for a dog to miss his rabies shots. You said you gave them to him? Maybe a vet would note that in the records. Idk. But if it is causing you guilt, I'd just talk to a vet about it. That would seem like a ridiculous penalty for something like that. Id talk with God about it and tell Him your fears. I'll pray that you make the best decision regarding this.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I honestly didn't know that was illegal. I don't have a dog, but have a cat. I should get her updated. But no, I had no idea it was even illegal for a dog to miss his rabies shots. You said you gave them to him? Maybe a vet would note that in the records. Idk. But if it is causing you guilt, I'd just talk to a vet about it. That would seem like a ridiculous penalty for something like that. Id talk with God about it and tell Him your fears. I'll pray that you make the best decision regarding this.

During my chihuahua's life of sixteen years, I think he only ever had shots once or twice in his lifetime. He was an inside dog and only went out to the enclosed patio under observation (I live in an apartment complex), so he had no contact with other humans or animals.

I saw no need to spend an exorbitant amount of money for rabies shots that he would never need. Granted, if he were an outside dog, I would've done differently, but he wasn't.

I also have a cat, which is an indoor cat. He only had one set of shots, when I first got him as a barn kitten. He's now 10 years old and I don't plan on getting any shots for him for the rest of his life.

As to whether it's right or wrong, I think that's for each of us to weigh and decide. I can't see myself getting shots for a pet that will never be exposed to X or Y in their lifetime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟351,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should live here. They don't inforce their threats of fines. Dogs came in and killed some of the cats I feed and they did nothing to the dog owner. They had the attitude that the cats were wild/feral, who cares if they kill them. I do hope you can accept Gods forgiveness and your own and move on from it. I have a feeling they would not consider you a repeat offender. If you were racking them up like several times a year that would be another thing. Forgive yourself. They have so many animal programs for animals I bet you could get it free yearly. Here they have drives for free shots and license. Find one and go from there and leave the past in the past. It's obvious you are not an abuser.
God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd be more concerned about stopping breaking the law than turning yourself in. I now one person who is an evangelist another who is a pastor who both used to do armed robberies. Neither turned themselves in as far as I know. They did of course stop and repented of their crimes but didnt actuaally turn themselves in for them.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Seems like the best advice is to get the rabies vaccination and be done with this burden on your mind so you can go about more productive things for the body of Christ. See if a local animal shelter or vet can help you get a discounted shot or maybe friends or family or church members can offer financial assistance to remove this burden from your heart. Bless you for even caring enough to do the right thing.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,280.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Now that I have read further and see that you are guilt tripping over vaccinations for a pet, my personal advice would be to just forget it.

As someone said above, if your pet is not in contact with other animals, why put a bunch of possibly toxic substances into his or her body?

I got my cat in 2013. Since she came from a shelter she had shots. Since then, she has had no shots and has been very healthy.

One time I took a previous cat to the vet for something minor and she came back with an upper respiratory infection. I’m sure she got it at the vets office. Therefore I will avoid the vet as much as I possibly can.

My prayer for you now is to not stress over little things that really aren’t going to cause any harm to anybody or any animal. Just let it go.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I'm worried about is, if the longer I wait with this, will my fine keep going up? Or if its the same standard fine if you get caught regardless of how long you've not licensed your dog.
I would not worry about this. Really.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The only thing about "forgetting about rabies" is I heard through some news media that there is a ban on import of dogs to the United States over this very concern of rabies. I don't entirely know all the details, but it gives me pause to consider whether you should go ahead and have your pet vaccinated given this possible threat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right he just stays in our front yard tied up when he has to use the bathroom. He sometimes will bark at people who come to our door and bark at every car that goes by but that's about it.

just tell the vet he was a stray your keeping (you don't have to chime in as to how long ago you took him in) and get him the shots and licensed.

If you can't afford them set up a go fund me page and link it up on Facebook - you'll get donations to get your dog his shots, your legitimately disabled and people love animals and will always chip in a little to help if they can.

Don't turn yourself in for something so silly ... 15 people donating 10 dollars each would get you sorted out. Don't feel guilty for what your unable to do.

I might suggest though, if you truly cannot afford both food and vaccines for your dog on the regular that you may consider you can't afford the dog overall. They are expensive and you are disabled, it may be responsible to find another home for him, other than have little things like this constantly over your head. Pets are an investment and not everyone can afford them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't want us to carry guilt. Give that part to Jesus, and do the right thing. You didn't do anything with malice, but just notify who you need to, so you can feel better. I'll pray for your sense of peace in this situation.

Upvote 0