Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER

If you are going to be part of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD you MUST GIVE IT ALL TO GOD.

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

Pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
PUMP IT UP! LOL
I had to laugh when I saw that ^_^

To OP: unfortunately you are commiting adultery in your heart and are sinning.
"If you know what you ought to do yet do not do so, you sin"- James 4:17

you is correct in feeling guilty, yet you shouldn't let it consume you. We need to excersise self-Control.

I will pray for you

Upvote 0

Stephen Kendall

believer of Jesus Christ
Sep 28, 2008
USA
✟9,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I unfortunately can't tell you how to quit it. I can tell you how not to quit it. And while this definitely has no place in the life of a Christian, there are a lot of Christian guys struggling with inappropriate content and if you get free and one of them gets free, he'll probably be relieved that his girlfriend understands that part of him.

inappropriate content is immoral. There are leads going the way of inappropriate content. You must not take up even one lead. To take up a lead is to go the course of inappropriate content. It can be avoided and stopped, if you don't follow the leads (tempting paths going towards it). It can be stopped, but never lie to yourself (don't click the leads). You most likely desire moral wholesome sex (marriage between a man and woman). Be honest. inappropriate content will never go there, it just isn't right for it to. I hoped that I helped a little. I can not imagine going to inappropriate content, for I know its intent (to have sex immorally, always).

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I started feeling aroused when I hit 17...so I began to touch. It was almost like an addiction. quote]

Keep this in mind. Should anyone tell you it is a sin to touch they are sinning against GOD'S WORD that warns against adding or taking away from GOD'S WORD.

Because we were made to feel it to be a sin ( which was wrong ) and after considering all the facts you believe it to be sin but yet you do it you would then be guilty of sin. But if you believe it not to be sin you would not be guilty of sin.

So I suggest you weigh all facts together plus considering what amounts to be an involuntary action of the flesh then make your decision.

LOVE

Upvote 0
Jul 14, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi can i please start by letting you know you are not alone statistically 1 in 3 christians are addicted to internet inappropriate content.
And masturbation is a major problem in christian society however it is often hard for people to speak of because of the shame and guilt but also because it is such a private area to allow someone to enter with you.
there is hope however because there is an answer it is jesus.
but dont worry i am not going to leave it there and make you more confused.
here is how it is you are not back slidden you are just trapped in your sin because you have opened a door that has let in a spirit of masturbation and by actively patisipating in masturbation you are giving this spirit power over your life. so first you must repent and ask the lord to deal with that spirit and to close that door then pray for a covering of the blood of the lamb to cleanse and protect you from any spiritual attack from that sin again.then you must do war with that sin untill you win and like any war you must have a battle plan.so here is what my plan would look like just in case you would like to follow through with this find someone to be accountable to someone who can be there for a call and also to check up on you. go to your local pc shop buy an internet filter then get the person your being accountable to to set up as they can then pick the password and can also set up a delivery report which emails them a list of sites you have tried to visit this keeps you totally honest then get that person in prayer with you everyday if need be and keep pressing in and if you stumble keep trying god sees your effort more than your sin.

but please let me know how you go i will pray for you and i hope my advice is helpful.

god bless.

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
hi can I please tell you that we are not sinning against God's Written Word. Because it's true that if you look on someone intently you commit adultery in your heart. So when you "Pump it Up" don't you have to picture doing it with someone? or don't you watch inappropriate content and look on them intently? Thus you commit Adultery in your heart.

"Woe to those who call good evil and evil good"

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear sweet_gal

In my post to you which contained:

" Ask any poster here if they never masturbated many times. Don't stay awake at night waiting for the answer. "

Well as you can see NO ONE replied. Why? Because they could not oppose a natural act.

There are some here and in the world that will attempt to either add to GOD'S WORD or attempt to mislead you by altering GOD'S WORD to mean something it does not. For example some will attempt to use the word
" adultery " in an attempt to mislead. You need to know just what that word entails:

(2009). In Merriam-Webster On line Dictionary.

adultery

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband

They have not only added to GOD'S WORD but they have warped a word in an attempt to mislead. This is a good example of why it's so important for you to read GOD'S WORD yourself so that you are not under this type of attempted BONDAGE. Just forgive them and let GOD deal with them.

LOVE

Upvote 0

JesusSavedme1

Mar 21, 2009
✟15,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A backslider is a saved person who falls into sin. A lost sinner cannot be a backslider. You have to go somewhere before you can slide back. But one who is truly born again, a child of God who falls into sin, is a backslider. It may be outrageous and gross sin known to everyone, or it may be merely coldness of heart, a lukewarmness of heart instead of the burning fire of love for God. But when a Christian loses any of his joy, or loses part of his sweet fellowship with God, or falls into sin, then he is a backslider. Remember that only Christians can backslide.
We have many examples of this in the Bible. What an honest Book the Bible is to tell us of the failures and sins of God's people through the ages! God wanted us to know that the men of the greatest faith, saints who had truly been born again, were frail people such as we are and subject to the same temptations and surrendering sometimes to the same sins.
God tells how Noah got drunk and lay naked in his tent. He tells how Lot sought the fellowship of the wicked Sodomites, lost all his influence, got drunk and ruined his own daughters. The Bible tells how Abraham deceived, calling Sarah his sister. Even saintly Moses lost his temper. When God commanded him to speak to the rock that Israel might be watered from it a second time, in a temper he beat upon it with his rod and so dishonored God that he lost his chance to enter the Promised Land.
David, a man after God's own heart, a man used to write the Psalms, that blessed book of devotions for the saints through all these centuries, committed adultery with Bathsheba and then had her husband Uriah slain to hide his sin. The Bible tells how Samson, a judge of Israel who had been filled with the Holy Ghost and was a Nazarite from his birth, kept company with harlots until God left him powerless, a slave of the Philistines with his eyes burned out.
The Bible tells how Peter denied Christ and cursed and swore; how all the disciples forsook Jesus and fled; how later Peter, fearing the Jewish Christians, played the coward again, and led even good Barnabas away with his dissimulations. The Bible tells how Joseph of Arimathea, a disciple of Jesus, was a coward, a secret disciple. Even Paul the apostle went up to Jerusalem against the plain leading of the Holy Spirit.
So the saints of the Bible fell into sin. They were backsliders.
These examples should humble us and teach us that even the mightiest of God's saints sometimes backslide, fall into sin, and so lose the sweet joy that every Christian ought to have.
A Christian who backslides is like a child who disobeys his parents. It does not affect his sonship but it affects his fellowship, his joy, and the approval of the Father.
But it is well to note there are some in the Bible who did not backslide. For example, Adam, when he fell into sin in the Garden of Eden, was not a backslider. He had never been born again. He had never been saved and so could not backslide. In the Garden of Eden he had been created a perfect man and had perfect fellowship with God as one of His creatures, made in His image. But he had not been redeemed by blood. Up to that time in the Bible blood had never been mentioned as a remedy for sin. There had never been an animal sacrifice picturing the coming of the Saviour. There had never been a gospel message nor any need of one. There had never been a prophecy of the coming Saviour.
Adam, as a sinless being in the Garden of Eden, like Eve his wife, was not a Christian. He was simply a perfect man, as she was a perfect woman. When Adam fell into sin and ate the forbidden fruit, he was not a backslider. He was, for the first time, a poor lost sinner who had never been converted, who had never been born into God's family, who had never been born again, who had never been redeemed by the blood.
And so fallen angels are not backsliders. Angels in Heaven are perfect and sinless and have fellowship with God, but they are not Christians. Angels, who have never been saved and given everlasting life as forgiven sinners, cannot backslide.
Judas Iscariot was not a backslider. In John 6:64,70,71 we are told that Judas did not believe in Christ, was not saved but was a devil.
"But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him ... Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve."
Judas heard the preaching of Jesus but never repented. He was a moral man who evidently depended on his morality and would not turn to Jesus in saving faith. At last he fell into grossest sin and betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. But Judas was not a backslider. No one can be a backslider who has not first been a "frontslider." Only Christians, born again children of God, are backsliders.
Strange as it may seem, all Christians backslide, for all Christians sin. In I John 1:8 we are told, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." Every Christian is taught to pray daily in the Lord's Prayer (that model prayer for all who can look up in the face of God and call Him, "Our Father which art in heaven"), "And forgive us our sins" (Luke 11:4). All Christians sin, and that means that all Christians backslide.
When you remember that "the thought of foolishness is sin" (Prov. 24:9), that "whatsoever is not of faith is sin" (Rom. 14:23), that "to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin" (Jas. 4:17), then it becomes clear that all of us have fallen short even after we are saved. We have all had foolish thoughts; we have all done some things without any special faith about them; we have all left undone things that we knew were proper and right for us to do. Who will say that every minute of your life you have loved God all you ought to, that you never pray a second less than you ought to pray, that you never leave undone a single thing that God wants you to do? You cannot say that; neither can I. And that is proof of sin.
Christians grow old. Our teeth decay, our hair turns gray or falls out, we grow decrepit in body, and finally even Christians die. That proves that Christians are sinners. for everywhere in the Bible we are told that death is the result of sin.
Adam was warned that if he sinned, "thou shalt surely die" (Gen. 2:17). James 1:15 says that "sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." Ezekiel 18:4 says that "the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Romans 6:23 plainly says that "the wages of sin is death."
Oh, we Christians are yet frail sinners; so it is clear that all Christians backslide. And that is the reason why God must save us by grace and keep us by grace. We did not earn salvation, and we cannot keep it. We did not deserve it when we got it, and we do not deserve it now.
Dear reader. will you test yourself by this simple rule? Was there ever a time when you were nearer to God than you are now? Was there ever a time when you read the Bible more, or enjoyed it more than now? Was there ever a time when you prayed more, when you had your prayers answered more frequently? Was there ever a day when you won more souls than you have won today? Was there ever a time when you were more completely absorbed in the Lord's business? If there was ever a time when you were nearer the Lord than today, you are a backslider. You have slid back from that close intimacy with God, from that high place of blessing which you once had.
Remember that our text in Proverbs 14:14 says, "The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways." Backsliding is not necessarily getting drunk nor committing adultery, nor any outward course of sin seen by the public. Backsliding is in the heart!
It may be, dear Christian, that you have drifted somewhat but have never noticed it. You may be like Samson who "wist not that the Lord was departed from him" (Judges 16:20). We need to search our hearts and we need to watch and pray lest sin creep up on us.
Are you a backslider?

Upvote 0

JesusSavedme1

Mar 21, 2009
✟15,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember when I first became conscious of my backsliding. I had been saved at about nine years of age. I had trusted Christ to forgive me, and I am sure He did. Three years later I joined the church, was baptized, and had received full assurance that my sins were forgiven. But my mother was dead, and my boyhood companions in the wild west Texas cow town were rough and wicked. One day it dawned on me that I had drifted far from God in my heart, I had grieved Him in my life. I had gotten to the place where prayer was not a joy and the Bible was not sweet.
I was attending special services in a little Presbyterian church. Many young people found Christ, and many Christians had their joy restored. I alone seemed left without a blessing. How sweet was the singing! What a light on the faces of the happy people! And one night as they sang,
Pass me not, O gentle Saviour, Hear my humble cry; While on others Thou art calling, Do not pass me by.
I cried out, "Lord. is everybody going to get a blessing but me? Do not pass me by!"
And, thank God, all the joy came back and peace flooded my soul! I knew that my failures and my sins had been forgiven. It was as definite as if my Father had taken me in His arms and kissed away my tears and told me so!
As I walked home across the prairie that night and looked up at the stars, I made a vow to God, "O God. I will never fail You again! I will never forget my prayer time. I will never give way to temptation and sin!" You may well smile; I think perhaps a loving and kindly God smiled at my great promises that night. How well He knew my sinful nature, my frailty and sin!
It was not more than two weeks before I had sinned in a way that shocked me terribly, though I do not now remember the details. I found my joy gone. And when I went to God in prayer to confess my sins, again I made great promises, "God, I failed You this time, but if You will give me one more chance, I will not fail You again. I promise You I will be more faithful. I will be true this time, if You will only try me once more!" How little I knew that God wanted trust instead of promises, that He wanted me to depend upon Him instead of on myself. But He again gave me sweet peace.
But the tragic story was repeated, until in despair I felt I had lied to God, had failed Him, and that He must be so disappointed in me that He would never trust me again, and would never give me back the joy of His presence.
At long last I learned that I have an evil nature as well as a new nature which is from God. Like every child of God, I am two persons in one. I am the old man I was before I was saved, with a human body and human frailty and a human tendency toward sin; I am also a new creature in Christ who loves the Lord and hates sin. And I learned that God knows all about me, and that what He wants me to do is to regularly confess my sins and earnestly turn from them, depending on His never-failing mercy to forgive and cleanse, as He promised to do.
So the reason that people backslide is this old carnal nature that every saint of God has. The best people that ever lived have had a constant tendency toward sin ever since Adam (and with him the whole race) fell.
It is easier to do wrong than it is to do right. It is easier to tell a lie than it is to tell the truth. Honest, good people have to continually watch themselves so they will be accurate and truthful in their speech and to avoid deceit. It is easier to loaf than it is to work. The best Christians in the world have to watch themselves and set themselves to work diligently, to do their duty. It is easier to get angry than it is to be even-tempered, forgiving and sweet. Even Christians sometimes have to "count ten" before they speak. And how often we have to confess that we have sinned with a sharp tongue or a critical spirit.
The book of Hosea is a book on backsliding. There the prophet often speaks of Israel as if the nation were an individual who had gone away from God. And in Hosea 4:16 he says, "Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer." In Hosea 6:1 he says, "Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up." And then Hosea 11:7 says, "And my people are bent to backsliding from me."
BENT TO BACKSLIDING! God's people are bent to backsliding from Him. Oh, how true that is of every one of us!
That blessed old song, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing," has the revealing heart-cry of every Christian that ever found himself a backslider. It says,
"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it; Prone to leave the God I love"! The modernists do not like that, so have changed it in some song books, but it is still true that all of the people of God are prone to wander. We are prone to leave the God we love. We are "bent to backsliding," as God's Word puts it.
An old proverb says, "As the twig is bent, the tree is inclined." And all of us were bent when we were twigs. We were bent before we were born! We were bent away from God by nature when Adam fell. And not until Christians get a resurrected body, with no more disease, no more gray hairs, no more weakness. will we have our old carnal natures perfectly redeemed and the curse entirely removed.
Holiness people sometimes claim that the carnal nature has been eradicated in them, that the fire of God has burned it all out. Yet. strangely enough, they too backslide.
At Des Moines, Iowa, a sad-faced man attended my services who told me he had been a Holiness preacher but was at the time living in the grossest sin and did not even claim to be a Christian. The facts belied his doctrine. The carnal nature had not been taken away.
Thank God, we can have day-by-day victory over the carnal nature by judging self, by confessing our sins, and by having daily cleansing; but we still have the carnal nature; and that is why people backslide.
The struggle all real Christians have today, Paul had too. We read in Romans 7:14-25:
"For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."
As a Christian, Paul did things he did not want to do and ought not to have done. With his mind he served the law of God, but with his flesh the law of sin. Even in the last verse quoted above where Paul could thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord for the possibility of deliverance, he followed that statement by this: "So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Paul did not condone his sin, and neither should we. Paul knew that he could have daily victory over it, and so can we. But we must not deny the presence of this old sinful nature. We need constantly to be on our guard, and we need to be continually confessing and forsaking our sin to have daily cleansing and to keep on walking in the light.
And Christians who understand this truth can understand the further truth in the eighth chapter, where Paul looked forward so grandly to the glory that should be revealed, for "the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope." And then he tells how the creature shall one day be delivered from this bondage of corruption into glorious liberty, and that the whole creation groans together, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption, of our bodies (Rom. 8:19-23).
Christian, do you find yourself "bent to backsliding"? Then you are like Paul and like every other born-again child of God. But, thank God, there is victory for you through Christ, as I will show you soon.

Upvote 0

JesusSavedme1

Mar 21, 2009
✟15,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chapter 3 - The Sorrows of Backsliding

Jeremiah 2:19 says, "Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts."

Oh, the trouble that comes to the backslider in heart! Again, Proverbs 14:14 says, "The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways." How many, many people have told me that their backsliding brought them only grief and trouble, and that they had enough of it!
First, the backslider is sure of the chastising of God. God still hates sin, and He has promised to chasten His beloved when they sin. Hebrews 12:5,6 tells us:
"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him. For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."
And verse 11 in the same chapter tells us:
"No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."
So God whips every backslider, and He does it in love. He does it to correct their backsliding and to bring "the peaceable fruit of righteousness" in His children.
I love my children so much that I want them to do right and be happy and succeed in the Christian life. So sometimes I have to whip them for their disobedience. It is painful, but it is done in love and for their good, and at the last it "yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness."
For David's sin, God smote his child and the baby died. One son, Amnon, raped his sister, Tamar. Then Absalom killed Amnon, then he grew embittered and tried to seize the kingdom from David. David paid fourfold for his sin, but David did not lose his soul. When David confessed his sin, God's message came to him.
"And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die. Howbeit, because by this deed thou bast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die."
David was a backslider. God forgave his backsliding but still punished him for his sin.
And when the saints at Corinth got drunk at the Lord's table, or made an unseemly feast of it, and when there were divisions and strife among them which they did not confess and forsake, the Lord had Paul write to them, "For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep" (I Cor. 11:30). For their sins some were weak and sickly, and some had already died and gone to Heaven prematurely. God punishes His children who sin.
It is apparent that God is more determined to punish the sins of Christians than the sins of lost people. For lost people will go to Hell forever and there will suffer for their sins. But God must be just, and the only time He can punish His own in actual chastising, we suppose, is in this world. So like a faithful father, who chastises his disobedient children but loves them still, God punishes the backslider.
Besides the personal chastising of a loving Father, the backslider reaps the natural wages of his sin. When a Christian gets drunk, he wastes his money and wakes up with a headache and is just as apt to lose his job or to break up his home as a lost man. It never pays anybody to sin, and it never will!
What a trail of trouble followed Lot's sin! He lost all his property in Sodom. All but two of his children were burned to death in that wicked city. His wife turned to a pillar of salt. A broken man, he lived in a cave in the mountains, then got drunk and ruined his own daughters who still had the ways of Sodom in their hearts!
That is what backsliding can do to the child of God. If you have tasted it, you know that the dregs of the cup are bitter and that "thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee." Surely, if you have been a backslider, you have found that "it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God." If one reads this who is persistent in going away from God and who is not yet ready to turn and beg forgiveness and cleansing. I warn you now, a hard, rough, bitter, sad road is ahead of you - the Backslider's Way.
Again, the backslider will have remorse of conscience over his sins. If you have truly been saved, then you love Christ and you love God. If you are truly a child of God, there is something in you which rebels against your sins. When you were a lost man, you may have enjoyed sin, but now that you are God's child, the cup of sin will turn bitter to your taste before the drink is well down.
Can you see in your mind Peter going out to weep bitterly after his denial of Christ? He quit the ministry and went back to fishing and was almost in despair, until he met Jesus again by the Sea of Galilee and had his joy restored.
Read the fifty-first Psalm which shows the brokenhearted David after his sin with Bathsheba. Hear him cry, begging to be cleansed: "For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." The sense of his blood guiltiness, his soul-realization of the wickedness of his nature, is made clear in every verse of that Psalm, and he pleads, "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation: and uphold me with thy free spirit." And when God will give him the assurance of forgiveness and cleansing, David promises, "My tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness"!
Some of you who read this have known, as I have, the broken heart that David had over his own sins. Oh, the burning conscience of a backslider!
At Gary, Indiana, a man came down the aisle at the invitation to say, "Five years I have been a backslider! Oh, Brother Rice, five years is a long time to be away from home!" and he broke into weeping.
Well, poor backslider, I wouldn't stay away any longer. I would come home today for it is a sad, bitter business when you have known the joy of salvation, the presence of God, the sweetness of the Bible and of answered prayer, then to lose all that joy and not be able to see the face of the God whom you love.
The poor, prodigal boy in the hog pen, dreaming about the plenty at home while he perished with hunger, a stranger, half-naked and despised in a far land, knew the sorrows that a child of God has who sins and falls away from the sweet communion and joy which every Christian has a right to have.
Last of all, let us remember that "we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." Even when we get to Heaven we will be sad that we were backsliders. There we will have to stand before Christ to give an account for our deeds. Even in Heaven the backslider will be ashamed that he drifted away from full fellowship with the Saviour and with his Heavenly Father. When his works are burned up, he will "be saved; yet so as by fire" and will "suffer loss" (I Cor. 3:12-15).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusSavedme1

Mar 21, 2009
✟15,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chapter 5 - How to Get Back to Full Fellowship With God

If you are a backslider, then I have good news for you. The simplest and shortest part of this sermon is how to get back to God. Simply turn to God in your heart, confess your sin and backsliding, and He will receive you with open arms and forgive you of all your sins, failures and mistakes.
In I John 1:9 is this sweet verse for Christians, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Isn't that simple? We simply confess our sins honestly, then God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us.
Notice the terms "faithful" and "just." What a strange saying about God! Why, that would seem as if God owed it to us to forgive us and cleanse us when we, His wayward children, confess our sin! A man is faithful when he keeps his promises, when he does his duty. Yes, and that is what God is. God is faithful and just to forgive us, when we confess our sin, our backsliding, because that is within God's bargain! The keeping. the forgiving, the cleansing day by day is all a part of God's covenant with us when we were saved. All that was purchased for us on Calvary and is promised to every child of God, and so God simply keeps His promise faithfully. Every time we confess our sins, our backslidings, He quickly forgives them and cleanses us from them.
As a young preacher, I preached on the prodigal son. I pictured the long, hard way home. How tired the poor fellow was! How his feet hurt as he stumbled along the rocky road without any shoes! Would he ever get home? And would the father receive him or send him away with scorn? I had that poor, prodigal boy plodding a long, painful way back to the father's house.
Then one day I discovered that I had made that up out of whole cloth. It was not even hinted in that wonderful story as Jesus told it in Luke 15:11-32. In one moment the boy is saying, "I will arise and go to my father." And the very same verse that tells us that the boy "arose, and came to his father," we are told that "when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck and kissed him."
What a lesson for anybody who wants to come to God! Whether for a lost sinner who wants salvation, or a backslider who wants his blessing renewed and his joy restored, it is only one step to the Father's house! Oh, believe me, if you honestly in your heart confess your sin to God, He will forgive you and cleanse you in a moment!
Be sure that you do not excuse your sin. Be sure that you do not make an alibi for it and cover it over. Any honest confession will mean you have a penitent heart that turns from your sin with shame.
And if you feel like weeping, you may weep. I suppose the prodigal boy wept when he came home. I know that when I was a backslider and seemed a long way from God, I wept as I came back to confess my failures and my sins. But remember this: whether there is weeping or no weeping, God wants honest heart-confession of your sin. And when you have confessed your backsliding, your coldness, your lack of joy, then you ought to believe that God has forgiven it as He promised, and that He has cleansed it.
I think it would help you if you would get on your knees and read the fifty-first Psalm and let that divinely inspired prayer be the heart-cry of your own soul. It is the prayer of David, a backslider, and you might let it be your own, too. But remember this: All you need do is to make an honest heart-confession of your sin to the Father and believe that He forgives you as He promised, and that He cleanses you from all your sins. And then you will have sweet fellowship with the Father.
My six daughters are all different. Each one has her own peculiar temptations. One is better about one thing, another is better about another thing. But one of these girls I have never been able to whip very much. For just as certain as she was caught in some sin, some disobedience, she would run and throw her arms around me, and weeping, say, "O Daddy, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Forgive me, Daddy!"
And so, if the prodigal son has already returned, why should the father send the sheriff and bloodhounds after him? And if the poor backslider is sorry for his sins and is willing to confess them to God, should God lay on the lash of chastisement?
So, backslider, come back today to God with your hungry heart and find peace and forgiveness.
There is a life of victory and joy for every Christian, and you may have it. Since you are still a sinner, you will find that you will need daily to commit your sins to God. First John 1:7 says, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." You may walk in the light every day. When a sin appears, confess it quickly to God, ask Him to forgive it, and He does then and there. And so every day you may live in the smile of God's presence, in a conscious communion of His blessed Spirit. You need not wait to fall into outbroken sin and shame but can have rich blessing and victory every day.
Perhaps some backslider who reads this today is ready to come back to God. It would comfort my heart, and I believe would make the matter more definite and clear and joyful in your own, if you would write it down and say so. Suppose you write me the following letter, or one similar to it, and send it to me, if you today, dear backslidden Christian, will come back to the Father's house.

Upvote 0

Dixiecup

May 2, 2009
✟15,280.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im in need of some real christian advice right now from anyone who is willing to listen to my story...

Well I started feeling aroused when I hit 17...so I began to touch. It was almost like an addiction. Well I finally got myself to stop it at 18. I am an 18 year old girl. Soon though....I began watching inappropriate contentographic videos on the internet. I felt so guilty before God and terribly upset at how dirty I was capable of being. Well, I did it again...and again. Then stopped. I then started again compulsively, addicted. Every time I watched inappropriate content, Id touch after it. Only this time, I did not feel as guilty for seeing inappropriate content. I guess I started being desensitised to it.

My parents are separated and I desperately want a father figure in my life....ie. male companionship (marriage). I have never had a boyfriend (partly because Ive been taught not to date unless Im thinking of marriage, and partly because I dont know how to show a guy that I like them...Im good at keeping my feelings hidden). I really want to get married to a strong christian guy...

I was a good christian all my life (since being saved at 11).....I started backsliding in my late teens. I am a believer and I often cry out to God to reveal himself to me, to comfort me, to help me find the right guy, to be closer to him, etc......but its just so hard, I know that I will backslide again even if I do ask for forgiveness, so I dont ask for it in the first place. Also, listening to worldy music is another addiction.

My life isnt going where Id like it to, I need to restore my relationship with God, but I feel it can never be the same as it was. Please help me. KI dont want to say sorry and then start with my old habits all over again.

The need for sex is normal and you should not feel dirty about that. Boys at your age touch all the time and girls should as well instead of having sex with a boy who is only interested in himself. God made us the way He did, and sex is to be enjoyed, so is masturbation.

Addiction to inappropriate content can cause problems in your future love life. You need to be able to get turned by your future love, not inappropriate content.

You’re very young to want to settle down. Why don't you date good Christian guys, and please don't have sex with any of them. Dating is good and you don't have to marry the guy. Having relationships is a part of learning about you. You will fall in love and get hurt, but this is growing up. Why don't you go to college and become a well educated Christian woman?

I've been a Christian for a very long time. Listening to worldly music is fine. I do it all the time, and I listen to Christian music as well. I also will have a glass of wine from time to time. [No more that 3 drinks per week for women due to health risks]

Don't let other people put their convictions off on you. Being a Christian is about freedom, not oppression. Oppression = religion.

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

Im in need of some real christian advice right now from anyone who is willing to listen to my story...

Well I started feeling aroused when I hit 17...so I began to touch. It was almost like an addiction. Well I finally got myself to stop it at 18. I am an 18 year old girl. Soon though....I began watching inappropriate contentographic videos on the internet. I felt so guilty before God and terribly upset at how dirty I was capable of being. Well, I did it again...and again. Then stopped. I then started again compulsively, addicted. Every time I watched inappropriate content, Id touch after it. Only this time, I did not feel as guilty for seeing inappropriate content. I guess I started being desensitised to it.

My parents are separated and I desperately want a father figure in my life....ie. male companionship (marriage). I have never had a boyfriend (partly because Ive been taught not to date unless Im thinking of marriage, and partly because I dont know how to show a guy that I like them...Im good at keeping my feelings hidden). I really want to get married to a strong christian guy...

I was a good christian all my life (since being saved at 11).....I started backsliding in my late teens. I am a believer and I often cry out to God to reveal himself to me, to comfort me, to help me find the right guy, to be closer to him, etc......but its just so hard, I know that I will backslide again even if I do ask for forgiveness, so I dont ask for it in the first place. Also, listening to worldy music is another addiction.

My life isnt going where Id like it to, I need to restore my relationship with God, but I feel it can never be the same as it was. Please help me. KI dont want to say sorry and then start with my old habits all over again.

As with anything that becomes an addiction know that satan is a deceiver and hits us when we are weakest where we are weakest. Our protection from this is in God's word. It is our armor when satan strikes. The more you read and study the more you'll understand how to use the double edged (God's word) in defense. The apostle Paul tells us to renew our mind daily. This is where satan strikes by putting thoughts in our mind to tempt us. When Jesus was in the wilderness and satan would try to tempt him he would answer back with scripture. When you pray ask him for protection over your thoughts. Remember God is always there for you, he'll never leave you nor forsake you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.