Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, we can only support so many people here; that means that if we deported the people who knew what they were doing if the child was under 18; they would either end up in the system OR would be sent home with their families. Well, the system is already too crowded without children of people here ILLEGALLY.

I guess we'll have to disagree on the punishment of children for the sins of the parents... especially if it's just so we don't fall to 11th or 12th on the GDP per capita scale.

I see no reason why this law should warrant all caps "ILLEGALLY" or derogatory terms "these illegals" while no other crimes do.

We are humans before Americans. Elitism cannot be something toward which I strive

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... For myself though if I entered the US.
I would expect to respect the US cultures/government/public systems first and secondly share where I am at...
This is a HUGE part of the problem. Many people who come here these days
(Even some who come here legally,) do not share your position. The US is known as the "Melting Pot of the World." This means the culture people bring melts into ours, and they assimilate into the
American Culture as a whole.

Too often, we see people come here, and don't bother to even learn or speak the English language.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you think it would be better to send the parents back and let the children stay by themselves? Without a family?
You are putting words into my mouth. A lot depends where the children were born; what the effect would be on the family, etc., on the merits of the individual cases.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is a HUGE part of the problem. Many people who come here these days
(Even some who come here legally,) do not share your position. The US is known as the "Melting Pot of the World." This means the culture people bring melts into ours, and they assimilate into the
American Culture as a whole.

Too often, we see people come here, and don't bother to even learn or speak the English language.
It should be mandatory to be able to understand some English either BEFORE coming here or within six months to MAYBE a year after being here.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It should be mandatory to be able to understand some English either BEFORE coming here or within six months to MAYBE a year after being here.

Why? This was never the case before. Tons of folks in Little Italy, Chinatown, etc lived for generations with heritage languages.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honest question Are you suggesting we should have no borders?

Sure we should have borders, but not as a means of refusing help to those in need. The borders should check people onto a registry, not enforce a malicious decade of waiting on desperate people.

If we didn't have that hypocritical monument up, it might be less painful to be so cruel

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why? This was never the case before. Tons of folks in Little Italy, Chinatown, etc lived for generations with heritage languages.
If you are going to be with people who speak your native languages by all means speak it at home out with your friends with the same native tongue, BUT when you go out in public and wish to conduct business with the general public do not expect others to bend for you. You come here you learn the language.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...I see no reason why this law should warrant all caps "ILLEGALLY" or derogatory terms "these illegals" while no other crimes do...
The status of being illegal does not change till the status of being here illegally changes. A SQUATTER is a SQUATTER till he stops SQUATTING on someone else's property. Once he leaves for good, and is no longer squatting, he is not a squatter. Same with the illegal alien. As soon as he leaves, and does not return illegally, he is no longer of that status.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are going to be with people who speak your native languages by all means speak it at home out with your friends with the same native tongue, BUT when you go out in public and wish to conduct business with the general public do not expect others to bend for you. You come here you learn the language.

Just another hardship for people. Have you ever learned a language... I mean enough to be professionally proficient?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure we should have borders, but not as a means of refusing help to those in need. The borders should check people onto a registry, not enforce a malicious decade of waiting on desperate people.

If we didn't have that hypocritical monument up, it might be less painful to be so cruel
Well we need to do more than have people walk in a check into a "registry" we really NEED to know who is here.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The status of being illegal does not change till the status of being here illegally changes. A SQUATTER is a SQUATTER till he stops SQUATTING on someone else's property. Once he lives for good, and is no longer squatting, he is not a squatter. Same with the illegal alien. As soon as he leaves, and does not return illegally, he is no longer of that status.

It's so much easier to overlook a child's suffering if you give him a negative label, isn't it?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just another hardship for people. Have you ever learned a language... I mean enough to be professionally proficient?
no, but if I were going to go some wherre that had a different primary language I would make certain a knew enough of the language to get by in public. I did not say you had to be in perfect English.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure we should have borders, but not as a means of refusing help to those in need...
Everyone has some need. MANY have the need to come here, and use our services without putting anything in to the system. Others NEED to destroy us, and have come here for the purpose. They are trying someone in Mass. for that very thing. Jury selection starts Monday, if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You really don't see the benefits of knowing the majority language of the country you move to?

Or are you one of those who would rather keep all foreigners to the ghettos where they all speak the same tongue?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everyone has some need. MANY have the need to come here, and use our services without putting anything in to the system. Others NEED to destroy us, and have come here for the purpose. They are trying someone in Mass. for that very thing. Jury selection starts Monday, if I remember correctly.
thank you. We can not take everyone. ( even who NEEDS the HELP.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's so much easier to overlook a child's suffering if you give him a negative label, isn't it?
Why the accusation? Why not realize that there are limits to the ability of our system to handle the volumes of people who do not wish to go through legal channels to come here to live as resident aliens?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.