Illegal migrant charged in Michigan woman’s killing was deported under Trump but snuck back in: ICE

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we know all those illegals exist then why aren't they be arrested and deported?
Two reasons.
1. The economy depends on them. So while politicians scream and wave their arms about it, their patrons who fund their campaigns would be very upset if they did anything meaningful about it.

2. Running down all of them would be extremely expensive. How interested do you think politicians are in spending huge amounts of money to hurt the economy? Like Obama, Biden has focused on identifying and apprehending the dangerous criminals among them. Which seems like a good idea to me.

You have no idea how many there are.
Actually, we do. It's not precise, but there are pretty good estimates.

And 100% of them have broken the law.
Only in the sense that they aren't legally here. Turns out, illegal aliens are much less likely to commit crimes than are native-born Americans.

Immigrants Are Less Likely To Commit Homicide, Sex Crimes, and Larceny Than Native-Born Americans

A new study finds that both legal and undocumented immigrants are more law-abiding than native-born U.S. citizens.

So we can be pretty sure Donald Trump isn't an illegal alien.
So no they aren't law-abiding. We are not allowed to ask people if they are illegal when they are charged with something, so we have no idea how many other crimes they have committed.
Turns out, some states do keep records on that. That's how we know they are more law-abiding.
The only reason some of these becomes news is due to something really horrible that has happened and LE digs into them and finds out they are illegal. But they don't do that with other crimes such as theft or vandalism or even DUI as long as no one was killed or severely injured.
Texas does that. There is a movement in the republican party in Texas to stop keeping that kind of data. For obvious reasons.

Republicans, you know.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Nope. Here's why...

Biden also asked for more removal courts to deport the criminals faster. It's not just more enforcement; it's faster processing. You see why Trump so desperately wanted to block that from happening?

Trump did. For reasons we all understand.

Not under Trump. But it would have been so under Biden, if the radical right hadn't blocked more enforcement and faster adjudication.
Not buying it. It's been obvious from the get go that Biden wants them here. He wanted the courts so he could let everyone in with a stamp of approval that way he could claim there aren't any illegals here. They are all just fine and waiting for their asylum case. Meanwhile they disappear into the interior just like they do now. Biden has shown no desire to get the illegals or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] thrown the border.

It's either 1 million illegals
Or 1 million legals. Same difference except he can't be held accountable anymore for allowing the flood and the borders. All people have to do is say "Asylum!" And they are good to go.

No not buying it for a minute. It's like hey we will just not make theft illegal anymore and now we won't have any more theft. It's great! Problem solved.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's either 1 million illegals
Or 1 million legals. Same difference except he can't be held accountable anymore for allowing the flood and the borders. All people have to do is say "Asylum!" And they are good to go.

Yeah, there was a bipartisan bill from the Senate that would have addressed the abuses of the asylum system but that was scuttled by the GOP for some raisin.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nope. Here's why...

Biden also asked for more removal courts to deport the criminals faster. It's not just more enforcement; it's faster processing. You see why Trump so desperately wanted to block that from happening?

Trump did. For reasons we all understand.

Not under Trump. But it would have been so under Biden, if the radical right hadn't blocked more enforcement and faster adjudication.
Not buying it.
Makes no difference . It's a matter of public record.
It's been obvious from the get go that Biden wants them here.
If so, it's hard to see why he would try to get more Border Patrol agents.
He wanted the courts so he could let everyone in with a stamp of approval that way he could claim there aren't any illegals here.
The courts merely follow the law. Judges do that kind of thing. It's true that the people who actually merit asylum would get it faster, and those who didn't, would be deported faster. But that's what the law requires.

They are all just fine and waiting for their asylum case. Meanwhile they disappear into the interior just like they do now.
That's why Biden wanted their cases to be adjudicated faster. It would reduce that kind of thing.
No not buying it for a minute.
Doesn't matter. Reality doesn't care what we think of it.
It's like hey we will just not make theft illegal anymore and now we won't have any more theft.
Now you're confusing Trump with Biden.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder why Trump completely gutted internal enforcement and apprehension.
He cancelled Obama's directive to focus on dangerous criminals among the undocumented workers. Thing is, it was easier to just grab guys doing their jobs and not breaking laws.

Trump redirected enforcement toward immigrants who posed no danger to us.

Cato institute isn't exactly known as a "commie rag".....
But they are enthusiastic backers of the Bill of Rights, which to Trump people is being "commies."

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah, there was a bipartisan bill from the Senate that would have addressed the abuses of the asylum system but that was scuttled by the GOP for some raisin.
I wouldn't think a raisin had anything to do with it. And I certainly won't defend the Republicans on the immigration issue. I've been criticizing them for quite a while on this. Trump was the only one who actually tried to do something and everyone opposed his efforts.
Do you have any links to this so called bill you are talking about. I'd like to know what it was and what was attached to it. We all know that Bills often have other things attached which kills the bill. So if you are making the claim the Republicans scuttled it I would like some evidence of that.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He cancelled Obama's directive to focus on dangerous criminals among the undocumented workers. Thing is, it was easier to just grab guys doing their jobs and not breaking laws.

Trump redirected enforcement toward immigrants who posed no danger to us.
My understanding was that he also took a HUGE part out of the budget for internal enforcement.

I can see the sense of it if you are Stephen Miller though to convince Donald Trump.

Take away the guys just doing their job to pump numbers up REALLY high (even though those individuals are in no way a threat to America). And ignore the dangerous criminals, partially because they would be much more expensive to pursue BUT then you get the added bonus that those dangerous criminals were hurt red blooded Americans that could then get tossed up in headlines and exploited to increase fear.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My understanding was that he also took a HUGE part out of the budget for internal enforcement.

I can see the sense of it if you are Stephen Miller though to convince Donald Trump.

Take away the guys just doing their job to pump numbers up REALLY high (even though those individuals are in no way a threat to America). And ignore the dangerous criminals, partially because they would be much more expensive to pursue BUT then you get the added bonus that those dangerous criminals were hurt red blooded Americans that could then get tossed up in headlines and exploited to increase fear.
I would say that would be attributing too much intelligence to Trump. but guys like Miller probably knew what they were trying to do. Am I the only one who sees Miller's face and thinks "Gollum?"

iu
iu

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I would say that would be attributing too much intelligence to Trump. but guys like Miller probably knew what they were trying to do. Am I the only one who sees Miller's face and thinks "Gollum?"

iu
iu
Oh....it wouldn't be Trump's IDEA. It would be Miller's IDEA and he'd explain it to trump who'd love it, I'm sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't think a raisin had anything to do with it. And I certainly won't defend the Republicans on the immigration issue. I've been criticizing them for quite a while on this. Trump was the only one who actually tried to do something and everyone opposed his efforts.
Do you have any links to this so called bill you are talking about. I'd like to know what it was and what was attached to it. We all know that Bills often have other things attached which kills the bill. So if you are making the claim the Republicans scuttled it I would like some evidence of that.
Here ya go, sport. For good measure here’s the bill, itself.
As for the “scuttling” there’s this link from NPR

Upvote 0