Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...for the pay rate offered. That is always left off. Were there not a large pool of labor willing to work for very low pay the agricultural, and other industries currently exploiting illegal labor, would have to raise their pay rate if they wanted their work done.

Yes, and once they become legal, they will not work for such poor wages. But others of course will flow in to take their place.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is a head scratcher.

The only way any of that stuff is determined is by.... due process.

I... am deeply confused.

More than usual I mean.
They have the right to due process to determine if they are here illegally, BUT if it is determined they are here illegally then they need to deported rather they committed the "new" crime or not.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and once they become legal, they will not work for such poor wages. But others of course will flow in to take their place.
Employers hold the key; but although candidates at election time tend to talk redneck and say, Get these people out of here! yet after the election they tend to listen to employers who say: No need to enforce the rules too rigorously. It's been this way for decades.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Another thing which distinguishes them from immigrants following the law is being in a situation where you can wait ten years or so without you family dying of starvation or a cartel hit or the like
This may be cold, but we have rules to come over here for a REASON ( actually several reasons) if one chooses not to follow them then I do not care WHY they came here they will need to be shipped back home.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may be cold, but we have rules to come over here for a REASON ( actually several reasons) if one chooses not to follow them then I do not care WHY they came here they will need to be shipped back home.
I don't encourage unlawful behavior, but if your family in Mexico were being threatened by drug cartels, would you feel inclined to help them escape?

This is part of a larger issue.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't encourage unlawful behavior, but if your family in Mexico were being threatened by drug cartels, would you feel inclined to help them escape?

This is part of a larger issue.
OK, as long as they understand the risk in doing so; Personally I feel that not ONLY should they be deported, but they should also with each deporrtion be forced to wait LONGER to come here the right way. WITH increasing incarceration times with each offense BEFORE being sent home. The forth or fifth time bar them from EVER coming here again.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
...for the pay rate offered. That is always left off. Were there not a large pool of labor willing to work for very low pay the agricultural, and other industries currently exploiting illegal labor, would have to raise their pay rate if they wanted their work done.

I used to believe that, then OWS happened, there were a few folks on this forum who said they were unable to get jobs. I told them if they lived in a big city there were always construction crews looking for day labor.

I was informed such labor was beneath them.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It sounds exceptionally cold. We have laws against theft too. Do you hold all theft regardless of circumstances or desperation should be viciously and mercilessly punished to the fullest extent?

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, as long as they understand the risk in doing so; Personally I feel that not ONLY should they be deported, but they should also with each deporrtion be forced to wait LONGER to come here the right way. WITH increasing incarceration times with each offense BEFORE being sent home. The forth or fifth time bar them from EVER coming here again.

Why not deport all criminals, from jaywalkers to people misusing hairspray?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It sounds exceptionally cold. We have laws against theft too. Do you hold all theft regardless of circumstances or desperation should be viciously and mercilessly punished to the fullest extent?
no, there are different sentences based on the events around the theft, as there should be.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why not deport all criminals, from jaywalkers to people misusing hairspray?
Well, for one thing you cannot deport people who are citizens. For one thing, if they are natural born where do you deport them too?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, for one thing you cannot deport people who are citizens. For one thing, if they are natural born where do you deport them too?
If all that the innocent young people have known is the US, where do you you deport them to, as well?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If all that the innocent young people have known is the US, where do you you deport them to, as well?
If they were not born here to whatever land their parents brought them here from. If they WERE born here then they are citizens. For the record, something else I believe needs to change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Wherever they'll starve and be bullied by a cartel, I'd imagine. Those illegals!

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you're okay with looking at desperate circumstances for one crime but not another?
Look, if we let everyone in who wanted in we would be overun for one thing. For another, we NEED to know who is here. One thing that sometimes determines sentences is past history if the person has no record here to show their charcter good or bad because all they have done is break the law then we deport them.

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they were not born here to whatever land their parents brought them here from. If they WERE born here then they are citizens. For the record, something else I believe needs to change.

One of the fastest ways to change unjust laws is to challenge them. It's how the courts can interpret the laws at all. Otherwise there would have never been Gideon v Wainwright, Brown v BoE, Miranda v Arizona, etc.

The illegals in Montgomery who sat in an illegal part of the bus and showed unforgivable disrespect for the laws of this great land (sarcasm noted) changed the ridiculous law not by debating on the house floor forever while injustice continued, but by breaking it and taking it to court.

God willing we'll have a court of compassionate human beings when that day comes for this issue.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wherever they'll starve and be bullied by a cartel, I'd imagine. Those illegals!
You cannot deport citizens. You CAN, however deport even legal non-citizens IF they break the law, but there is no deporting citizens.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.