If you're out of town, do you attend church?

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
In the miracle that God spoke to me, my old church was involved. I think that means I should definately attend it when I am around.

Now when I am out of town is it legit for me to go to some church that I don't know people at? No disrespect to pentacostals, but it's not my thing and creeps me out somewhat. What if I found a church that spooked me out a little bit? I'd feel so rude for leaving, but at the same time I wouldn't want to stay the whole time.

On the plus side I might meet women of my age at the church, but on the minus side I don't know anything about them. I can be a terrible flirt when it comes to a pretty girl, but I suppose I should curb it when I go to church... Yet how am I supposed to show interest in the girl and how am I supposed to know if she is taken. I actually think that if I justified going to church out of town that I'd church hop like some people bar hop in order to find pretty girls. It is tough for me to think of all the complications that go on with finding a temporary church. Anyone have some rules for doing this?

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Not unless I have church-going relatives or something there that invite me with them.
On the plus side I might meet women of my age at the church, but on the minus side I don't know anything about them.

...and they live out of town. Or do you live in a metro area where when driving down the road far enough you can cross like 4 towns and not know it?

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thinkt hat visiting other churchs ccasionally is fine... I don't always get what I want from them (and I haven't been brave enough to go outside of my denomination unless invited), so I like to go to my church often. Which means that I don't church hop much because I miss church to oftenj to church hop much and go to my church often.

JM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't moved, but when I've been on vacation with my family we've always tried to find a church to attend. I'm not real picky about where I worship. Wherever I find the spirit of the Lord and the truths of the Word, really... nice people are usually a plus too. :)

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually look for either an LCMS church or an ELCA church in the area. In a pinch I might try WELS but I havn't tried it yet.

If I can't find a Lutheran church then I would go to a methodist church. Basically my preferences are as follows.

1. LCMS
2. ELCA (Funny cause I'm in the ELCA)
3. WELS
4. United Methodist
5. Non-denominational
6. Anglican
7. Presbetrian (sp?)
8. RCC
9. Baptist

And if I can't find one of the above then I must be in the middle of no-where.

PS: If I was visiting someone though I would go to church where-ever they went.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
When I'm on holiday, I enjoy visiting other churches. Sometimes, en route home, I will attend a church (if I'm not tired... Church for me can be "shop").

I'm at home in just about any denom... as long as they preaches the truth (Amen!).

I will make sure i arrive early and sit in a row by myself (so that no one can say I'm scouting for females, or doing the "creep" thing ! LOL) I'm there for the Lord... He's the one sure thing I do have (So blah blah for the rest!)

Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i moved here because of my church ... there just wasnt a good church with a strong spiritual support system (lots of prayer and worship ... just everything is based on prayer, which is awesome) where i used to live, so i ended up going to this church where i'm at now, and i love it. even moved like i said just to be closer

K
O
F

Upvote 0