Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Say you didn't think the micro chip was the mark but later realize it is. You got it. Would God forgive you for making a mistake? What if you cut it out? What if you were desperately sorry and renounce the beast? Is it too late then?

There is nothing about this being an "opps" this has to do with people who don't believe/ an or reject God...they worship the beast and the false prophet.
Those who choose to worship God will become the hunted...they can't buy or sell.
Many of them will be killed or die from plagues etc.

There is something else...those who worship God will receive His mark and or
seal (depending on your version of the Bible) in their foreheads...Revelation 7:2-3.

Here's what Revelation 9:20-21 says:
"The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands.
They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold,silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk.
Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality,
and theft."

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From memory (and I have a poor memory and read my Bible regularly but am far from a Bible scholar) I think its Revelation 8 that it says the Angel of the Lord will put a mark on the foreheads of Gods people. Then in revelation 13 the Mark of the Beast is first mentioned. I think, correct me if this is wrong.

So I dont think Gods people will receive the MArk of the Beast

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Say you didn't think the micro chip was the mark but later realize it is. You got it. Would God forgive you for making a mistake? What if you cut it out? What if you were desperately sorry and renounce the beast? Is it too late then?

SO the mark is meant as a sign of worship to the beast. Only until the beast is known and revealed will we know what the mark is. Scriptures state the mark will go on the hand or forehead, do you see anyone getting a RFID chip in their forehead?

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
imho,
The mark of an anti-Christ is not a physical mark. It is what is believed in the mind and in the heart. John tells us that an anti-Christ does not believe that the Son of God came in the flesh, therefore the Gospel of Christ from birth to resurrection is a lie to them.

We can go back to the OT to see how scripture can be misinterpreted when too literal an interpretation is applied. This is one of the scriptures where hand and forehead was eventually misapplied.
Exo 13:8 `And thou hast declared to thy son in that day, saying, ` It is because of what Yehovah did to me, in my going out from Egypt,
Exo 13:9 and it hath been to thee for a sign on thy hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, so that the law of Yehovah is in thy mouth, for by a strong hand hath Yehovah brought thee out from Egypt;

Many centuries after God spoke these words to the Israelites the Pharisees, with their Oral Law, said that this meant literally on the head and hand/arm. So they began wearing Tefillin/phylacteries.
How can I make this argument, what evidence do I have.
I cannot find any time in the OT scripture where God told the Israelites to build/make anything for worship and prayer purposes without giving them specific instructions of dimensions and materials to use. The Ark of the Covenant, the Tabernacle, the priestly garments, the Temple are all examples. He never gave any such instructions for Tefillin. The Karaite Jews makes this same argument.

I see the scriptures in Revelation are much the same. God's mark on His people, one their hearts and minds. Faithful to their God and His laws.
Those who are marked as the anti-Christ's are anti-Christ in their heart and minds.
To try to assign this to some kind of physical mark or object is doing the same thing the Pharisees did with the phylacteries.

Literally was about to type this all out, but thankfully, you beat me to it <3 Much love brother. Shabbat Shalom.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
SO the mark is meant as a sign of worship to the beast. Only until the beast is known and revealed will we know what the mark is. Scriptures state the mark will go on the hand or forehead, do you see anyone getting a RFID chip in their forehead?

The beast is the devil, and his mark, as it's been said before, as many are starting to believe - is the desire to follow his ways. Basically, anything that isn't of the Creator. Whether it's a breaking of a commandment, or another religion. It's deception. It's believing, or desiring to follow after any other way, other than the one true way we were given by Yahuwah (the Lord).

Such as the catholic church, back in the 3rd century forcing everyone to obey a sunday sabbath, instead of the 7th day sabbath God intended. Now, if you bring it up to anyone, they get defensive and angry, and outright reject to test the sunday sabbath to scripture, even though when you test it, you see it has nothing to do with God. I think the mark of the beast, more so is the desire to follow God in your own way, as opposed to the way he has given us. His way is life, our way is death. Hank said it best in this thread for sure. Even if you don't believe in this, test it. I guarantee that if you test it to scripture, it will absolutely make sense. I'm not saying outright believe me blindly, I'm saying take what I'm saying, and test it to scripture. That, and God gave us holidays to follow and observe, but today, because of again, the catholic church, we observe pagan holidays such as christmas and easter - again people get defensive when these are mentioned, but if you research the origins of these holidays, not only are they blatantly and entirely pagan in origin and history, but even little things such as "ho ho ho" have their origins derived from things relating to satan. It sounds crazy, trust me I know, but don't just believe me, research it, and see for yourself. If the thought of researching anything I've mentioned doesn't sound interesting, then just humor this one tiny search: Google the origin of "ho ho ho".

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue is worshiping the beast.

Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes he'll forgive anything if you sincerely repent

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The Mark of the Beast" (At least according to the time line in the Bible) occurs quite a way into the tribulation.

So Unless I've Missed the Hail , Fire, Blood, Burning Mountain being thrown down, Wormwood, The Sun being Smitten, Plagues of Locust, Woes & Horsemen, (All occurring before the Mark of the beast) This Current fascination with the RFID chip is just FUD.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Addendum: I'd like to qualify the nature of what I said previously in that, honestly, I think that whatever the Mark of the Beast is, it won't be something that can be physically removed, even by surgery. It can only be removed by God's Spirit Himself. So, for those people who aren't running in some way to God in Christ....well, there won't be any removal of it for them.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The Mark of the Beast" (At least according to the time line in the Bible) occurs quite a way into the tribulation.

So Unless I've Missed the Hail , Fire, Blood, Burning Mountain being thrown down, Wormwood, The Sun being Smitten, Plagues of Locust, Woes & Horsemen, (All occurring before the Mark of the beast) This Current fascination with the RFID chip is just FUD.
I guess he depends on how you were able to survive prior to that point

Righteously unrighteously with no regard or love (even natural love) getting in the way of your (natural/animal) instinct to preserve your life

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The issue is worshiping the beast.

I think the main reason people believe the mark will be a microchip is because scripture says that nobody will be able to buy or sell without it, and there are currently plans in the works to create a microchip that would contain all our information and the means to pay for things. It's being touted as a good thing because, unlike a wallet or smartphone or credit card, you can't lose it.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the main reason people believe the mark will be a microchip is because scripture says that nobody will be able to buy or sell without it, and there are currently plans in the works to create a microchip that would contain all our information and the means to pay for things. It's being touted as a good thing because, unlike a wallet or smartphone or credit card, you can't lose it.
Right now there are kiosks in company cafeterias where people use their fingerprint, I think, to pay for whatever they buy. There was a thread here at CF I think about how a kiosk had been hacked and people's bank or CC information stolen. The eye's retina can also be used so I don't see any need for a chip which could be removed and stolen.

EDIT: I take it back. I was wrong the Avanti hack was pay by CC card kiosks.
I combined that with something else I had read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jesus covers this a little I think when He says this in Maythew 5, "29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

It is my understanding that when the mark is given one has to deny Jesus to accept it. Deny Jesus and take the mark, or die. Jesus says whoever denies Him before man Jesus would deny to His father. If a child is given the mark and grows up, it is my understanding the only way they could be saved is to remove the mark, cut off their hand and throw it away. Rhis is only.bscause they did not consciously seny Jesus.

Could someone deny Jesus, take the mark, then repent and cut off their hand and go to heaven? I do not believe so, but it is possible.

Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just as external circumcision does not mean a persons heart is necessarily circumcised, so a person who is marked externally may not necessarily have a marked heart.
Nevertheless the one who shows outward signs of an inward state reveals the truth about who they are.
Beauty comes from a deeper place than the skin and so will the mark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, but I think we should keep in mind that before electronic technology came along, no one could essentially buy or sell unless one had the Emperor's or King's Coin in hand to make a purchase. This general kind of thing has been going on ever since money was invented. Is it any wonder, then, that in the New Testament, Jesus and His Apostles keep telling us over and over to be on our guard against the influence of "Mammon."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't understand the question because that's all referring to things that existed in the 1st century that no longer exist today. What the Mark of the Beast specifically is referring is the common practice at the time to brand your forehead to mark yourself as property of the god you worshiped, as well as the stamped (the word, xáragma means stamped or engraving) image of the emperor's head on every coin of the Roman Empire, without it nobody could buy or sell. The very coinage of this image showed conveyed the emperor's claims to divinity, showing the emperor in the sun's rays, as well as being symbolic of the all-embracing economic power of Rome. It was either in their hand or in their minds (the head), and there is even evidence of business transactions being proceeded by pagan formulas and practices. Due to all of that, it became increasing difficult to impossible for Christians at that time to function in such a world that promoted idolatry to that degree.

We know that the Roman Emperor, and more specifically Nero is the beast using numerology, remember it says to calculate the number. 666 (or 616 in some manuscripts) is a code called gematria (Hebrew) or isopsephy (Greek), where each letter corresponds to a number. When in scripture it says "Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.", it's literally asking the readers to decode who's name equals 666. The person who John is referring to by this code is the Roman Emperor Nero, who's name is Greek is "Nerōn Kaisar", which in Hebrew would be נרון קסר. In Hebrew gematria, Resh (ר) is 200, Samech (ס) is 60, Qof (ק) is 100, Nun (נ) is 50, Vav (ו) is 6, then you have Resh (ר) again and Nun (נ) again; add all of those up is 200+60+100+50+6+200+50, which equals 666. The 616 found in some manuscripts comes from the Latin for Nero "Nerō Caesar", or נרו קסר in Hebrew. The spelling for that is Resh (ר) for 200, Samech (ס) for 60, Qof (ק) for 100, Nun (נ) Vav (ו) for 6, then you have Resh (ר) again, but only Nun (נ) for 50; so if you add that up its 200+60+100+6+200+50, which equals 616. Plus, if you break down the characteristics of the beast in a symbolic nature of what is occurring when John wrote it, it matches up identically to Nero, which is almost blatantly explained in Rev 17 "The seven heads are seven hills (Rome was known as the city of Seven Hills) on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen (The first five Roman Emperors), one is (Nero, the sixth Roman Emperor), the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while (Galba, successor of Nero who only had a short reign of seven months). The Beast speaks blaspemies against God (Nero was arguably the biggest on emperor worship and inscriptions in other places have referred to him as "Almighty God"), he makes war against the Saints (Nero was also the biggest and first to widely persecute Christian, and did so for 42 months, which is what Revelation 13:5 says), he kills himself with a sword as referenced in verse 10, and the reference to it being later healed in 13 & 14 is in reference to the Nero revival myth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No one who receives the mark, is permitted in heaven.
.................^^^^^^^^^^^

i.e. in their lifetime, if they ever received the mark.
Externally, it is different from the so-called unforgivable sin.
No matter.
There's no repentance from it.- no way to enter heaven for anyone who receives it.

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think if you ain't dead you got a chance.

Revelation 13:16

That says to me everyone takes it. Some people think God's people are rapture before the mark. So where is this in the bible dose it say God's people leave before the mark arrives? I never read that yet? So Idk.

It may be slipped to us and we don't know it so I don't think it is who has it to blame but the blame will be on who made it. Satan.

Upvote 0