If you Love Me - KEEP My Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That Christ is speaking both in John 14 - and in Exodus 20 is <sophistry> to the bug's sophistry, yeah.
Please show your evidence.

The Redeemer is promised in Gen 3:15 and does not show until the Gospels. No sophistry on my part.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Until you read Colossians 2 where we find that the shadows are the annual feast Sabbaths.

Paying close attention to "the details" in Colossians 2 instead of skimming over them - is a great idea.

=========================

for those not inclined to ignore every detail in Colossians 2 - we have

In this following post it is pointed out that in Col 2 - we do not find Paul condemning the Bible, no condemnation of eating, no condemnation of drinking - and no condemnation of God's Sabbath as we find it in the Ten Commandments.

Col 2 is about making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

In Mark 7:6-13 the Jews were simply "making stuff up" to get around one of the TEN Commandments - and of course Christ condemned them for that.
Bob I have always wondered why you refuse to pay attention to our details mentioned with quotes. It really seems you want us to pay attention only to your material while ignoring ours.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sadly for the arguments at war with God's Bible Sabbath - it is to be kept for all eternity in the New earth Is 66:23 "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" -

and 1 John 5:2-4 refutes/debunks the man-made-tradition that declares the Word and Law of God to be "burdensome" -- "Bondage". James 2 calls it the "Law of Liberty".
We are not at war with the Sabbath issued to and required of the Israeli. That simply is not the covenant the Christian is obligated to.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What is your evidence Jesus spoke in Ex 20?The speculation is yours. Because you push the law over Jesus there is plenty justifiable doubt about your faith in Jesus. Post the words of the music used in your church last Sabbath.What? Jesus is God. Jesus clearly identified commandments as His and not His Father's. Do you have some text of John 15:10 showing otherwise?Yes Jesus saw God the Father issuing commands.Personally I don't think you understand the above verses. Go ahead and say that is me quoting me if you like. I see no correlation between those texts and the subject being discussed by you.Either way both verses say "my" and make no reference to the law.Nothing to do with your discussion.Yes and one should notice you're being very specific with which commandments.When you start walking on water let us know. Oh never mind it would probably be in the news. When you start healing people by telling them to hold out there hand or get and walk please let us know. Oh and you're most likely married and Jesus was single and celibate. In-other-words you can't walk like Jesus walked in any way. Your intention is to infer the Christian is to keep the law. John never says anywhere to keep the law.This is an unprovable unexamined assumption on your part having no evidence in the Bible.What? you just posted a better covenant. It can't be the same covenant issued at Sinai you claim is written on the heart. Then you say new covenant with highlighted emphasis. Yes you didn't pay any attention to the words preceding your highlight "Not like." Why? then you ignorethe w ord "For" in verse 33.You preform eisegesis, not exegesis. You're not asking me, but the answer is no.Thanks for giving us an out. Your real issue isn't opposition to the commandments as a whole, just one notably the 4th. You don't keep it. What is the big deal about the commandments? The commandment is your accuser.Nowhere, that's where.You historically throw out any such response.Why did Paul do this?Did so and you'll still most likely say "you quoted you."What did I post above was your real intention?Big deal Only as it was spoken to Israel. The context doesn't include anyone else
It really looks like to me a denial of the trinity. I think he is trying to prove God the Father does not speak.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
you are being disingenuous, because i've already proven this to you.

so don't act like you don't know!

Who Was Moses Talking To??

i provided facts that CANNOT be disputed and you know it!
I clicked on your link and could not find the post you mention on that page.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some people will never find out the thoughts of YHWH.
Some people will find out TODAY on earth .
Some people don't want to know. (most of the world doesn't want to know; they don't care and they reject HIM).
This is recorded to read in Ephesians, Romans, and Revelation.
Yeppers I agree. It is indeed sad.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What is sad to me is that many will say the TEN commandments are "nailed to the cross" or some kind of excuse to justify their desire to sin, or say we will never stop sinning.

The TEN commandments were given for one purpose. They were never meant to "save" anybody. God wrote the TEN commandments on stone with His finger to show the immutability of them, and to show how much He loves us. Paul said that the commandments are holy just and good.

Jesus said "if you love Me, keep My commandments." He did not say "If you love Me, love Me" which many say is what He meant when He said this. If we love God with all our heart mind soul and body it would be impossible to break one of the first four commandments. If we love our neighbor as ourselves it would be impossible to break one of the last six. This is the basis for agape love, and that is what the TEN commandments are, a sign of God's love for man.
Please explain Jn 15:10.

Thanks

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What many fail to understand that the ceremonial laws were also given to Moses at Sinai. And to stand firm in rebellion against God's holy just and good TEN commandments and using Paul's letters to justify your stance is not a firm foundation. We need the whole bible to understand salvation, not just Paul's letters to heathens and pagans who needed extreme explanations for how to come to Jesus. Paul writes mostly about is justification. Justification is just the beginning of our Christian walk of sanctification. Many will only go as far as justification in their Christian experience, and fail to read and understand what Paul writes in Colossians:2:6: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:" This is the walk of sanctification he also mentions in 2Corinthians:3:18: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." Believe it or not this "glory to glory" is a finished, past tense principle every Christian needs to have the faith to believe that we are sanctified every step "from glory to glory" of our Christian walk toward Jesus.

One of the main reasons people are leaving off this most important aspect of the Christian experience is because the new "modern" translations are deleting sanctification along with the divinity of Christ. Romans 8 1 is the most important verse about sanctification but the modern translations deleted the second half of that verse, leaving out out "walk as Christ walked".
What translation or manuscript are you using?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
seems like everyone these days wants to ask "Which Commandments" --

Yes and that is very reasonable in light of Jn 15:10.

bugkiller

Even Christ gets asked that question..

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?

How nice then for Christians - that Christ also ANSWERs the question (in that part of the post you cut out from your quote of it) .

So then we don't need to "make stuff up" to answer it.

Matt 19

Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not commit adultery,’
‘You shall not steal,’
‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

============================= And of course the other NT authors tell us that Jesus was right in Matt 19

The TEN commandments are included in "THE LAW" the Moral Law of God that defines sin.

Eph 6:2
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:

Ten Commandments spoken by Christ at Sinai - Ex 20. Heb 8:6-10

Ten Commandments quoted in NT when giving examples of the LAW.

Romans 7:7
7 What shall we say then? Is THE Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through THE Law. For I would not have known covetousness unless THE law had said, “You shall not covet.

Ten Commandments -- "The Word of God" -- "The Commandment of God" - "Moses Said"

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

James 2
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;
9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by THE Law as transgressors.
10 For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of THE Law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

It based on "He who said" -

Rom 2
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe that God, the creator of the universe has enough power to protect His holy word, and I believe that holy word is the KJV bible. All the "modern" translations which came from the erroneous westcott and hort manuscripts are satanic counterfeits. I do not believe anyone has to learn hebrew or greek for the Holy Spirit to reveal the truths we need for our walk with Him. In fact many who profess to know hebrew and greek know just enough to get them into trouble. I will stick with my faith in God's holy word as long as it is complete, and the "modern" translations are not complete.
I wish I could really believe your post.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ex 20:6 "love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
John 14:15 "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"

So may argue that all that was before the cross - so pay no attention to that part of "scripture" -- it is not for Christians. Yet "Chrisitan" means - follower of Christ and Christ is speaking both in John 14 - and in Exodus 20.

What is your evidence Jesus spoke in Ex 20?

In the same post you are quoting - in the Bible text you ignored. Here I put it in for you to read again --

Jesus is the One that gave us the TEN Commandments - they were spoken by HiM as we see in the NEW Covenant

Heb 8 (And Jer 31:31-33)
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,
“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds,
And I will write them on their hearts.
And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.

Exegesis demands that the moral law of God written on the mind and heart in Jer 31:31-33 is the one that Jeremiah and his readers knew.

It really looks like to me a denial of the trinity. I think he is trying to prove God the Father does not speak.
bugkiller

false accusation much?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BABerean2 said:
And even though Colossians 2:16-17 clearly states that the Sabbath day was a shadow of Christ, we are told we are taking the verses out of context.

Until you read Colossians 2 where we find that the shadows are the annual feast Sabbaths.

Paying close attention to "the details" in Colossians 2 instead of skimming over them - is a great idea.

=========================

for those not inclined to ignore every detail in Colossians 2 - we have

In this following post it is pointed out that in Col 2 - we do not find Paul condemning the Bible, no condemnation of eating, no condemnation of drinking - and no condemnation of God's Sabbath as we find it in the Ten Commandments.

Col 2 is about making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

In Mark 7:6-13 the Jews were simply "making stuff up" to get around one of the TEN Commandments - and of course Christ condemned them for that.

Nothing but a detraction form the quoted post.

It is the accuser that brought up Col 2 - without even a quote of it -- then I post a lot context for Col 2 so all can see where his wild speculation failed to "survive the text" - and your response to seeing that chapter actually quoted is that the in-context-quotes of Col 2 are "a distraction" from the no-quote-at-all of it wild speculation that brought in Col 2 as a point of study???

Were we just "not supposed to notice?"

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

How nice then for Christians - that Christ also ANSWERs the question (in that part of the post you cut out from your quote of it) .

Matt 19

Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not steal,’

============================= And of course the other NT authors tell us that Jesus was right in Matt 19
Yes you say cut out, but never once have you explained why the man left sad.

You also seem to refuse to acknowledge passages such as Ps 14:3, Isa 63:17, Rom 3:19-30, chapter 4 on where righteousness comes from. We are justified by faith and the blood of Jesus Rom 5:1-9.

You preach justification by performance contrary to what Romans teaches.
The TEN commandments are included in "THE LAW" the Moral Law of God that defines sin.

Eph 6:2
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:

Ten Commandments spoken by Christ at Sinai - Ex 20. Heb 8:6-10
Please explain how your above references prove Jesus gave the 10 Cs to Moses. While you are at it please explain with scripture to whom those commandments were given.
Ten Commandments quoted in NT when giving examples of the LAW.

Romans 7:7
7 What shall we say then? Is THE Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through THE Law. For I would not have known covetousness unless THE law had said, “You shall not covet.

Ten Commandments -- "The Word of God" -- "The Commandment of God" - "Moses Said"

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
This quoted with the intended purpose of condemnation to coerce the ignorant to forsake grace for the law.
James 2
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;
9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by THE Law as transgressors.
10 For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of THE Law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
I have no idea why you would condemn yourself.
It based on "He who said" -

Rom 2
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
I wonder if this passage could be read 21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should keep the Sabbath, do you keep it?
22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols (Sunday meeting churches), do you rob temples (churches) of their believers?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you not dishonor God through breaking the law?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In the same post you are quoting - in the Bible text you ignored. Here I put it in for you to read again --
I doubt he does and I know I sure do not. We have been over this before in detail. You continue to refuse to consider key phrases in the text that simply will not support your idea. Exegesis does not demand the 10 Cs you refer to as the moral law to be written on the heart.
Exegesis demands that the moral law of God written on the mind and heart in Jer 31:31-33 is the one that Jeremiah and his readers knew.

false accusation much?
You can not support this statement.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wish I could really believe your post.

bugkiller

Thy this verse
Matthew 18:11 -- COMPLETELY removed from the NIV and the RSV
"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
seems like everyone these days wants to ask "Which Commandments" --

Yes and that is very reasonable in light of Jn 15:10.

bugkiller

Matt 19

Matt 19

Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not steal,’

Hint; the question you commented on was "which ones" ... then cut out the part of Matt 19 in my post where Christ was asked and then answered that very question.

When I point this tactic out to you -- you then "switch" to "why the man left sad"?

Is that "shell game" posting?

Did you really have no serious interest at all in the point about "which commandments" to begin with?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You also seem to refuse to acknowledge passages such as Ps 14:3, Isa 63:17, Rom 3:19-30, chapter 4 on where righteousness comes from. We are justified by faith and the blood of Jesus Rom 5:1-9.

you seem to invent your own material -- where do you have a post asking to focus on Psalms 14:3?

Where do I claim we are not "justified by faith"? why simply "quote you" when making up accusations against me - for the substance of your accusation??

Are you playing a game here??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

This is irrefutable by definition of the term as we all know I am sure

You can not support this statement.

bugkiller

Ok maybe "we all" don't know about the definition of the term.

Would you like a refresher?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your whole system stands or falls on making the New Covenant one and the same as the Sinai covenant, with the only difference being where they are written.

Two different sets of commandments are found in the verse below.
Jesus could have said "Keep my Father's commandments...", but he did not.
He told us to keep His commandments.

Joh 15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 

Jeremiah could have said "The New Covenant will be the Sinai covenant written on the heart instead of engraved on stone...", but that is not what he said.

Jer 31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 
Jer 31:32  not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. (Not the same covenant.)
Jer 31:33  But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 
Jer 31:34  No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 
2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, (Comparing the Sinai covenant to a ministry of death does not sound like it is the same as the new covenant above.)
2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Gal 4:24  which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— (The Sinai covenant is "bondage", according to Paul.)
Gal 4:25  for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 
Gal 4:26  but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 
Gal 4:27  For it is written: "REJOICE, O BARREN, YOU WHO DO NOT BEAR! BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR! FOR THE DESOLATE HAS MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHO HAS A HUSBAND." 
Gal 4:28  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 
Gal 4:29  But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 
Gal 4:30  Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN." (Paul tells the Galatian believers to cast out the Sinai covenant, instead of writing it on their heart.)
Gal 4:31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free. 

Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (There is a "change" of the law.)

Heb 8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (The Old Covenant is now "obsolete", instead of being written in a different place.)

The writer of the Book of Hebrews did not say that we are to go to Mount Sinai and write the Sinai covenant on our heart.

Heb 12:18  For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest, 
Heb 12:19  and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 
Heb 12:20  (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW." 
Heb 12:21  And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.") 

He contrasted the two covenants in the same way that Christ contrasted the two covenants.

Heb 12:22  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. 

Last edited:
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.