Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ex 20:6 "love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
John 14:15 "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"

So may argue that all that was before the cross - so pay no attention to that part of "scripture" -- it is not for Christians. Yet "Chrisitan" means - follower of Christ and Christ is speaking both in John 14 - and in Exodus 20.

What is your evidence Jesus spoke in Ex 20?

In the same post you are quoting - in the Bible text you ignored. Here I put it in for you to read again --

Jesus is the One that gave us the TEN Commandments - they were spoken by HiM as we see in the NEW Covenant

Heb 8 (And Jer 31:31-33)
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. 8 For finding fault with them, He says,
“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds,
And I will write them on their hearts.
And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.

I doubt he does and I know I sure do not. We have been over this before in detail. You continue to refuse to consider key phrases in the text that simply will not support your idea.

bugkiller

False accusations much?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please explain Jn 15:10.

Thanks

bugkiller

If you believe in the trinity then you understand that the Fathers commandments and Jesus commandments are the same commandments.
John 14:9
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who as seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus kept Torah, God's laws to Israel. Jesus was a Jew under those laws. He asks us to observe the commands He gave us just as He has kept the commandments the Father gave Him. How could you argue with the Holy Writ? Read it in green below. If what you believe deviates from 1Jn3:19-24 you are sitting in the wrong pew listening to the wrong message. Life in Christ is all about love. Amen!
  • MATTHEW 25:40
    “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

• MATTHEW 25:45
    “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Have a blessed Christmas. If you are camping I pray it is in a warm climate.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe in the trinity then you understand that the Fathers commandments and Jesus commandments are the same commandments.

Then based on what you saying...

I must be circumcised...
I must not eat shrimp...
I must keep all of the New Moons and feast days...
I must offer up animal sacrifices for my sin...
I must not travel over a mile on the Sabbath day...
If my wife commits adultery instead of forgiving her, she must be stoned to death...
I must go and live in Canaan land...

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Then based on what you saying...

I must be circumcised...
I must not eat shrimp...
I must keep all of the New Moons and feast days...
I must offer up animal sacrifices for my sin...
I must not travel over a mile on the Sabbath day...
If my wife commits adultery instead of forgiving her, she must be stoned to death...
I must go and live in Canaan land...

You are aware that they are NOT the feast days of the Jews right? They are explictily called the FEAST DAYS OF G-D

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who as seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

good point. In fact Jesus makes his case clear in John 14 in that regard.

John 14
10 ""Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
11 ""Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

John 12:
49 "" For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Please explain why Jesus did not say keep My Father's commandments as I have kept them. Jesu clearly made a distinction between commandments.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
good point. In fact Jesus makes his case clear in John 14 in that regard.

John 14
10 ""Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
11 ""Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

John 12:
49 "" For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
I think you forgot one verse to prove your point that Jesus is also the Father - I and My Father are one. Jn 10:30

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with believing your post?

bugkiller
you had replied to this post
masmpg said:
I believe that God, the creator of the universe has enough power to protect His holy word, and I believe that holy word is the KJV bible. All the "modern" translations which came from the erroneous westcott and hort manuscripts are satanic counterfeits. I do not believe anyone has to learn hebrew or greek for the Holy Spirit to reveal the truths we need for our walk with Him. In fact many who profess to know hebrew and greek know just enough to get them into trouble. I will stick with my faith in God's holy word as long as it is complete, and the "modern" translations are not complete.

I was giving you an example of the type of deleted versus in bibles base on the translations of Hort and Westcott.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Even Christ gets asked that question..

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?

How nice then for Christians - that Christ also ANSWERs the question (in that part of the post you cut out from your quote of it) .
really do not like long posts.

My question is in regard to Jn 15:10. No where does the verse say or indicate the 10 Cs are the commandments of or given by Jesus. The verse says Jesus kept His Father's commandments. We know that Jesus kept the 10 Cs. Jesus never once claimed the 10 Cs are His commandments. To me and the Jew, Jesus did not appear in the OT anywhere. Jesus is mentioned through prophecy only in the OT. Jesus never did anything in the OT.
So then we don't need to "make stuff up" to answer it.

Matt 19

Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not commit adultery,’
‘You shall not steal,’
‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
I do not see the 4th commandment. Least you say that goes without saying, I ask why the others also do not? Your point fails. Besides that your righteousness is established by the wrong things.
Hint; the question you commented on was "which ones" ... then cut out the part of Matt 19 in my post where Christ was asked and then answered that very question.

When I point this tactic out to you -- you then "switch" to "why the man left sad"?
Yes the man clearly was convicted of failing to keep the 10 C with Jesus' requirement to forsake his riches. Unfortunately for you the 4th commandment is not on the list Jesus gave. The way you think I have a legal out because the 4th is not mentioned. You fail again. There is no support for your argument.

Now you still have not answered my question about which commandments, because you misidentify them. The Greek will not allow your point.
Is that "shell game" posting?
No.
Did you really have no serious interest at all in the point about "which commandments" to begin with?
Yes.
Even Christ gets asked that question..

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
No Jesus does not get asked about Jn 15:10. You have taken my question and applied it to something I did not ask.
How nice then for Christians - that Christ also ANSWERs the question (in that part of the post you cut out from your quote of it) .

So then we don't need to "make stuff up" to answer it.

Matt 19

Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not commit adultery,’
‘You shall not steal,’
‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
No we are not makings tuff up. Your response does not include the 4th.
Hint; the question you commented on was "which ones" ... then cut out the part of Matt 19 in my post where Christ was asked and then answered that very question.

When I point this tactic out to you -- you then "switch" to "why the man left sad"?

Is that "shell game" posting?

Did you really have no serious interest at all in the point about "which commandments" to begin with?
Why is it you repeat yourself and post the same thing over and over. You will never crush or convert e with relentless hammer and other tactics.

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
you seem to invent your own material -- where do you have a post asking to focus on Psalms 14:3?

Where do I claim we are not "justified by faith"? why simply "quote you" when making up accusations against me - for the substance of your accusation??

Are you playing a game here??
In that you claim one can not have salvation (go to heaven) without keeping he law.

I showed with those verse mentioned no one keeps the law. Thus according to you no one can be saved (enter heaven). I showed with those mentioned verses how one gets the righteousness needed to enter heaven (be saved). None of them include the law. Jesus did not require the law be kept. Jesus did not give nor teach the law - Jn 1:17, 15:10.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please explain why Jesus did not say keep My Father's commandments as I have kept them. Jesu clearly made a distinction between commandments.

bugkiller
John 15:10King James Version (KJV)
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

No indication that there is a difference in the commandments in this verse. As you stated in Post #2193 above Jesus and The Father are ONE so why would you think there are separate commandments. If they are one then there commandments are the same.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Exegesis demands that the moral law of God written on the mind and heart in Jer 31:31-33 is the one that Jeremiah and his readers knew.

This is irrefutable by definition of the term as we all know I am sure

Ok maybe "we all" don't know about the definition of the term.

Would you like a refresher?
Sure if you post it.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.