United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
seems like everyone these days wants to ask "Which Commandments" --

Please define God's commandments Bob.

See -- page 1.

I don't ever remember you telling us what those commandments are although we have asked you many times.

Already answered on page #1 of this thread

======================================== like this

The TEN commandments are included in "THE LAW" the Moral Law of God that defines sin.

Eph 6:2
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:

Ten Commandments spoken by Christ at Sinai - Ex 20. Heb 8:6-10

Ten Commandments quoted in NT when giving examples of the LAW.

Romans 7:7
7 What shall we say then? Is THE Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through THE Law. For I would not have known covetousness unless THE law had said, “You shall not covet.

Ten Commandments -- "The Word of God" -- "The Commandment of God" - "Moses Said"

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?
Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not commit adultery,’
‘You shall not steal,’
‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

James 2
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;
9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by THE Law as transgressors.
10 For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of THE Law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

It based on "He who said" -

Rom 2
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?

===================

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The passage in context...

Mat 19:16  Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?" 

Mat 19:17  So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." 

Mat 19:18  He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, " 'YOU SHALL NOT MURDER,' 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY,' 'YOU SHALL NOT STEAL,' 'YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS,' 

Mat 19:19  'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER,' and, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' " 

Mat 19:20  The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?" (This is the lie. He said he did what only Christ could do.)

Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." 

Mat 19:22  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. 

Mat 19:23  Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 

Mat 19:24  And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 

Many false doctrines are promoted by taking part of a passage out of context. The claim that us keeping the commandments brings eternal life is just one example.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
What is sad to me is that many will say the TEN commandments are "nailed to the cross" or some kind of excuse to justify their desire to sin, or say we will never stop sinning.

The TEN commandments were given for one purpose. They were never meant to "save" anybody. God wrote the TEN commandments on stone with His finger to show the immutability of them, and to show how much He loves us. Paul said that the commandments are holy just and good.

Jesus said "if you love Me, keep My commandments." He did not say "If you love Me, love Me" which many say is what He meant when He said this. If we love God with all our heart mind soul and body it would be impossible to break one of the first four commandments. If we love our neighbor as ourselves it would be impossible to break one of the last six. This is the basis for agape love, and that is what the TEN commandments are, a sign of God's love for man.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "if you love Me, keep My commandments." He did not say "If you love Me, love Me" which many say is what He meant when He said this.

Joh_15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

His commandments are not the same as His Father's commandments. There are two covenants.

1Jn 3:22  And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 

1Jn 3:23  And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

1Jn 3:24  Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Gal 4:24  which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—

There are two covenants, one of bondage and one of the free.

Heb 12:18  For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest, 
Heb 12:19  and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 
Heb 12:20  (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW." 
Heb 12:21  And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.") 

We have not come to Mount Sinai.

Heb 12:22  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. 

We have come to Mount Zion.

Gal 4:30  Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN." 

Gal 4:31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free. 

Cast out the covenant of bondage.

2Co 3:3  clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. 

2Co 3:4  And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 

2Co 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 

2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 

2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 

Let go of the ministry of death and embrace the New Covenant.

Last edited:
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Joh_15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

His commandments are not the same as His Father's commandments. There are two covenants.

1Jn 3:22  And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 

1Jn 3:23  And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

1Jn 3:24  Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Gal 4:24  which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—

There are two covenants, one of bondage and one of the free.

Heb 12:18  For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest, 
Heb 12:19  and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 
Heb 12:20  (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW." 
Heb 12:21  And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.") 

We have not come to Mount Sinai.

Heb 12:22  But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 
Heb 12:23  to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 
Heb 12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. 

We have come to Mount Zion.

Gal 4:30  Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN." 

Gal 4:31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free. 

Cast out the covenant of bondage.

2Co 3:3  clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. 

2Co 3:4  And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 

2Co 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 

2Co 3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 

2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 

2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 

Let go of the ministry of death and embrace the New Covenant.

What many fail to understand that the ceremonial laws were also given to Moses at Sinai. And to stand firm in rebellion against God's holy just and good TEN commandments and using Paul's letters to justify your stance is not a firm foundation. We need the whole bible to understand salvation, not just Paul's letters to heathens and pagans who needed extreme explanations for how to come to Jesus. Paul writes mostly about is justification. Justification is just the beginning of our Christian walk of sanctification. Many will only go as far as justification in their Christian experience, and fail to read and understand what Paul writes in Colossians:2:6: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:" This is the walk of sanctification he also mentions in 2Corinthians:3:18: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." Believe it or not this "glory to glory" is a finished, past tense principle every Christian needs to have the faith to believe that we are sanctified every step "from glory to glory" of our Christian walk toward Jesus.

One of the main reasons people are leaving off this most important aspect of the Christian experience is because the new "modern" translations are deleting sanctification along with the divinity of Christ. Romans 8 1 is the most important verse about sanctification but the modern translations deleted the second half of that verse, leaving out out "walk as Christ walked".

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What many fail to understand that the ceremonial laws were also given to Moses at Sinai. And to stand firm in rebellion against God's holy just and good TEN commandments and using Paul's letters to justify your stance is not a firm foundation. We need the whole bible to understand salvation, not just Paul's letters to heathens and pagans who needed extreme explanations for how to come to Jesus. Paul writes mostly about is justification. Justification is just the beginning of our Christian walk of sanctification. Many will only go as far as justification in their Christian experience, and fail to read and understand what Paul writes in Colossians:2:6: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:" This is the walk of sanctification he also mentions in 2Corinthians:3:18: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." Believe it or not this "glory to glory" is a finished, past tense principle every Christian needs to have the faith to believe that we are sanctified every step "from glory to glory" of our Christian walk toward Jesus.

One of the main reasons people are leaving off this most important aspect of the Christian experience is because the new "modern" translations are deleting sanctification along with the divinity of Christ. Romans 8 1 is the most important verse about sanctification but the modern translations deleted the second half of that verse, leaving out out "walk as Christ walked".

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the God inspired the Bible using seventeenth-century English or Greek and Hebrew with a smattering of Aramaic?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
seems like everyone these days wants to ask "Which Commandments" --

Please define God's commandments Bob.

See -- page 1.

I don't ever remember you telling us what those commandments are although we have asked you many times.

Already answered on page #1 of this thread

======================================== like this

The TEN commandments are included in "THE LAW" the Moral Law of God that defines sin.

Eph 6:2
2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise:

Ten Commandments spoken by Christ at Sinai - Ex 20. Heb 8:6-10

Ten Commandments quoted in NT when giving examples of the LAW.

Romans 7:7
7 What shall we say then? Is THE Law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through THE Law. For I would not have known covetousness unless THE law had said, “You shall not covet.

Ten Commandments -- "The Word of God" -- "The Commandment of God" - "Moses Said"

Matt 19
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?
Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’
‘You shall not commit adultery,’
‘You shall not steal,’
‘You shall not bear false witness,’
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

There we see Christ quoting from the Ten Commandments - And yet some today are at war against God's Commandments.

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

There we see Christ quoting from the Ten Commandments - And yet some today are at war against God's Commandments.

James 2
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture,You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;
9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by THE Law as transgressors.
10 For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of THE Law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

It based on "He who said" -

There we see James quoting from the Ten Commandments - And yet some today are at war against God's Commandments.

Rom 2
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, “Do not commit adultery,do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

===================

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the God inspired the Bible using seventeenth-century English or Greek and Hebrew with a smattering of Aramaic?

Out of curiosity do you believe both the Bible and even your own pro-sunday scholars are both wrong when they affirm the Commandments of God for Christians?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What is sad to me is that many will say the TEN commandments are "nailed to the cross" or some kind of excuse to justify their desire to sin, or say we will never stop sinning.
Amein.
“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!” (Matthew 6:22,23)

scholars[all along, throughout society and history and the church] are denying CHRIST even if they have all the languages down pat.
A little child seeking CHRIST , even with a 'poor' translation,
will find HIM; as ABBA YHWH promises. (as HE reveals to the little child as HE WELL PLEASES TO DO SO).
IN SPIRIT FIRST - as Y'SHUA SAYS "MY WORDS are SPIRIT, and they ARE LIFE" - so those inspired by YHWH never confuse the flesh and blood opposed to TORAH, but ONLY in line with TORAH ALWAYS, no matter what language.
YHWH communes with us in SPIRIT , then gradually our minds learn words for the things HE TEACHES US/REVEALS TO US in SPIRIT.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

I believe that God, the creator of the universe has enough power to protect His holy word, and I believe that holy word is the KJV bible. All the "modern" translations which came from the erroneous westcott and hort manuscripts are satanic counterfeits. I do not believe anyone has to learn hebrew or greek for the Holy Spirit to reveal the truths we need for our walk with Him. In fact many who profess to know hebrew and greek know just enough to get them into trouble. I will stick with my faith in God's holy word as long as it is complete, and the "modern" translations are not complete.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Amein.
“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!” (Matthew 6:22,23)

scholars[all along, throughout society and history and the church] are denying CHRIST even if they have all the languages down pat.
A little child seeking CHRIST , even with a 'poor' translation,
will find HIM; as ABBA YHWH promises. (as HE reveals to the little child as HE WELL PLEASES TO DO SO).

IN SPIRIT FIRST - as Y'SHUA SAYS "MY WORDS are SPIRIT, and they ARE LIFE" - so those inspired by YHWH never confuse the flesh and blood opposed to TORAH, but ONLY in line with TORAH ALWAYS, no matter what language.
YHWH communes with us in SPIRIT , then gradually our minds learn words for the things HE TEACHES US/REVEALS TO US in SPIRIT.

Thank you for this Jeff. My name is Jeff too. The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. It matters not what my understanding is, what matters is God's revelation to my mind throughout my walk with Him. We are all at different stages of our walk, and we must be living up to all the light the Lord has given us personally in order to receive more light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What many fail to understand that the ceremonial laws were also given to Moses at Sinai.
Ceremonial laws? You have to be kidding. Scripture nowhere tell us the laws God dictated to Moses were ceremonial. Your prophet got that from her prior association with Methodists. You are propagating an untruth. The laws of love found in Lev and Deut are not laws concerning ceremonies, gleaning fields, and all the other laws found in the book of the law pertaining to how we treat our fellow man are not of a ceremonial nature. Another thing the laws you SDAs refer to as moral laws, the 10, contain a law that does not concern morality. That law is the Sabbath which is a ritual law. I hope this helps.

And to stand firm in rebellion against God's holy just and good TEN commandments and using Paul's letters to justify your stance is not a firm foundation.
I know of no one that is in rebellion with the 10commandments. Again that is nothing but SDA jargon. What we do is to accept the writings of Jesus ambassador, Paul. In 2Cor 3 7-11 Paul called the 10 commandments the law of death. He told us that the 10 were temporary laws that guided the Israelites. Jesus even added to those lawsm proving that they are not sacred.

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Now, I suppose you will try to twist what Jesus had Paul to write, I pray you don't. You are supporting a false denomination friend. I did too until I started studying on my own without Ellen White.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Ceremonial laws? You have to be kidding. Scripture nowhere tell us the laws God dictated to Moses were ceremonial. Your prophet got that from her prior association with Methodists. You are propagating an untruth. The laws of love found in Lev and Deut are not laws concerning ceremonies, gleaning fields, and all the other laws found in the book of the law pertaining to how we treat our fellow man are not of a ceremonial nature. Another thing the laws you SDAs refer to as moral laws, the 10, contain a law that does not concern morality. That law is the Sabbath which is a ritual law. I hope this helps.

I know of no one that is in rebellion with the 10commandments. Again that is nothing but SDA jargon. What we do is to accept the writings of Jesus ambassador, Paul. In 2Cor 3 7-11 Paul called the 10 commandments the law of death. He told us that the 10 were temporary laws that guided the Israelites. Jesus even added to those lawsm proving that they are not sacred.

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Now, I suppose you will try to twist what Jesus had Paul to write, I pray you don't, but we know better. You are supporting a false denomination friend. I did too until I started studying on my own without Ellen White.

Like I have stated over and over, the ten commandments do one thing and that is point out sin. They do and never have saved anybody. Certainly they will point out the wages of sin so we can realize how enormous sin is and repent. The more powerful Paul writes it the more it will be understood in many cases. The ten commandments have always been a mirror to point out the sin that we must repent of. To say that we are not saved by the law just shows what people know about what the Law does. This is not SDA theology. This is basic Christianity 101. We are not under the law when we are obedient, we are under the law when we are breaking the law. The new testament is all about obedience. I believe we are to be obedient to all God's commands, of which the ten commandments are just a part. Jesus added a lot to the ten commandments in the sermon on the mount. He expanded the ten commandments.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not under the law when we are obedient, we are under the law when we are breaking the law. The new testament is all about obedience. I believe we are to be obedient to all God's commands, of which the ten commandments are just a part. Jesus added a lot to the ten commandments in the sermon on the mount. He expanded the ten commandments.

Joh 15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Your whole system only survives by ignoring this verse or by changing it to say the following... 

"If you keep My Fathers commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."

All false systems are revealed not by the scripture they quote, but by the scripture they must ignore to make their doctrine work.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All false systems are revealed not by the scripture they quote, but by the scripture they must ignore to make their doctrine work.

But this assumes scripture is being ignored, such that is actually seen by others not agreeing to your interpretation, and such should be seen in consistency with the other scriptures. The commandments in the law show what is sin, sin is still what people who would turn to Yahweh should turn from, that being repentance, and that is happening with really coming to him through Christ according to our faith, which is from his grace. And this is with the atonement from Christ, who was perfect from any sin, which was with obedience in all the commandments that were for the people generally. With that we are to be removed from our sins, this will not go contrary to those commandments, which show what sins are.

Of course, the salvation is still through Christ, according to our faith when it is real.

When Christ taught, he was affirming these commandments, and not doing away with them, which he clearly said.

Another thing the laws you SDAs refer to as moral laws, the 10, contain a law that does not concern morality. That law is the Sabbath which is a ritual law.

Who is authoritatively saying what law is of morality and what isn't? There are some saying to not have another god before Yahweh, or to not speak his name in vain, is not morality. But morality isn't just what involves our actions to other fellow humans. It most certainly does involve how we act and relate to Yahweh our God. The day of Sabbath rest is for that, even if you on your own authority say it doesn't involve morality. And the ceremonial involves the priesthood, sacrifices, and way of being made ceremonially clean.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But this assumes scripture is being ignored, such that is actually seen by others not agreeing to your interpretation, and such should be seen in consistency with the other scriptures.

There are those here who ignore Exodus 34:28, which says the Sinai covenant is the 10 commandments in an effort to claim the 10 commandments were given to Adam in the garden.

In this effort they also ignore Deuteronomy 5:1-3, which states the covenant was not given earlier.

And to top it off they ignore Paul's clear statement in Galatians chapter 3 which says the law was added 430 years after the promise made to Abraham "until" the seed could come to whom the promise was made.

How can there be a difference of interpretation of these clear passages?

Others here have not attempted to show me how my interpretation is in error.

Instead, they try to ignore these passages.

If you think my interpretation of these passages is not correct, then feel free to explain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ceremonial laws? You have to be kidding. Scripture nowhere tell us the laws God dictated to Moses were ceremonial.

Hint - "what matters is keeping the commandments of God " 1 Cor 7:19 contrasted to ceremonial laws as even the pro-sunday scholars admit.

Your prophet got that from her prior association with Methodists. You are propagating an untruth. The laws of love found in Lev and Deut are not laws concerning ceremonies, gleaning fields, and all the other laws found in the book of the law pertaining to how we treat our fellow man are not of a ceremonial nature. Another thing the laws you SDAs refer to as moral laws, the 10, contain a law that does not concern morality.

Your own pro-sunday scholars admit to the Bible details you are so anxious to ignore.

Hint - -your pro-sunday scholars are not "SDA".

That law is the Sabbath which is a ritual law. I hope this helps.
[/quotre]

It helps to see that this is merely "you quoting you" ---- again.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
here we have C.H. Spurgeon and the "Baptist Confession of Faith" --admitting to Bible details - about moral law vs ceremonial -- where ALL TEN of the TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God. (Obviously)

============================ begin quote

The Baptist Confession of Faith - section 19 almost identical to the Westminster section 19 quoted above.

Notice how they both fit that 7 point summary already posted on page 1?

Baptist Confession of Faith Section 19

Section 19:

C.H. Spurgeon's edition of the "Baptist Confession of Faith"
-- CH Spurgeon

The Perpetuity of the Law of God

Very great mistakes have been made about the law. Not long ago there were those about us who affirmed that the law is utterly abrogated and abolished, and they openly taught that believers were not bound to make the moral law the rule of their lives. What would have been sin in other men they counted to be no sin in themselves. From such Antinomianism as that may God deliver us. We are not under the law as the method of salvation, but we delight to see the law in the hand of Christ, and desire to obey the Lord in all things. Others have been met with who have taught that Jesus mitigated and softened down the law, and they have in effect said that the perfect law of God was too hard for imperfect beings, and therefore God has given us a milder and easier rule. These tread dangerously upon the verge of terrible error, although we believe that they are little aware of it.

Section 19 of the "Baptist Confession of Faith" .

Section 19
. The Law of God

• God gave to Adam a law of universal obedience which was written in his heart, and He gave him very specific instruction about not eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. By this Adam and all his descendants were bound to personal, total, exact, and perpetual obedience, being promised life upon the fulfilling of the law, and threatened with death upon the breach of it. At the same time Adam was endued with power and ability to keep it.

• The same law that was first written in the heart of man continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness after the Fall, and was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai in the TEN COMMANDMENTS, and written in two tables, the first four containing our duty towards God, and the other six, our duty to man.

• Besides this law, commonly called the moral law, God was pleased do give the people of Israel ceremonial laws containing several typical ordinances. These ordinances were partly about their worship, and in them Christ was prefigured along with His attributes and qualities, His actions, His sufferings and His benefits. These ordinances also gave instructions about different moral duties. All of these ceremonial laws were appointed only until the time of reformation, when Jesus Christ the true Messiah and the only lawgiver, Who was furnished with power from the Father for this end, cancelled them and took them away.

• To the people of Israel He also gave sundry judicial laws which expired when they ceased to be a nation. These are not binding on anyone now by virtue of their being part of the laws of that nation, but their general equity continue to be applicable in modern times.

The moral law ever binds to obedience everyone, justified people as well as others, and not only out of regard for the matter contained in it, but also out of respect for the authority of God the Creator, Who gave the law. Nor does Christ in the Gospel dissolve this law in any way, but He considerably strengthens our obligation to obey it __________________

===================== end quote

.... Again that is nothing but SDA jargon.
... You are supporting a false denomination friend. I did too until I started studying on my own without Ellen White.

Your response to C.H. Spurgeon and the Baptist Confession of Faith is to rant about SDA this or Ellen White that...

A flawed solution at best.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your response to C.H. Spurgeon and the Baptist Confession of Faith is to rant about SDA this or Ellen White that...

A flawed solution at best.

Joh 15:10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not true that the morality of the commandments of the law from Yahweh change or have changed. The law with those commandments were revealed only with Moses and the people of Israel coming to Sinai, and since Christ came with the atonement of the new covenant, those redeemed in him do not face judgment from the law for failure with the commandments, but the morality is still right, and only in Christ can obedience to the commandments really be lived, and any be separated from sin, as is supposed to happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.