Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that 1 Cor. verse. Our approval from our Heavenly Father is all we need. What our fellow faith family thinks of us is unimportant in the long run. Jesus made himself of no reputation and that is a good thing for each of us to do.
Did you find some good gifts Forge? Hope the movie was a good one. The last one we went to was so loud I had to put kleenex in my ears.

Upvote 0

candle glow

whatever I want to be
Jan 2, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
✟18,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 11:19-No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval.

Hi Jen. Thanks for posting that verse. It's not clear to me how you are applying it to the context of what I was saying about brothers/sisters disagreeing with one another, and needing to talk about those disagreements in order to resolve them.

How do we know who has God's approval and who does not in any particular disagreement?

Upvote 0

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I wasn't really applying it to anyone I guess...just came to mind as I was reading one of Norah's posts.

Well if people are reasoning out the Word and they are all sincere in wanting Christ to be proven right, and not themselves...then everyone will be brought into understanding as they ask the Lord....and it will be the same understanding, for Christ said we are to come into unity. I can't pinpoint a certain way we will know who has favor, b/c that would be human reasoning. I can only encourage us to ask for God's discernment...He is the one who gives us clarity on the motives of someone's heart. He has mercy on those who are really striving to die to their own wisdom, flesh...and who want to hear from Him. That is how we should be as well. Not making outward judgments like Christ pointed out in the Pharisees...but make judgments that come from the Spirit...for the Spirit judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How often prayers should contain the word mercy. It is so needed today, as it has always been. Mercy on troubled waters, mercy on our lack of understanding.
As you say Jen, God's discernment give us clarity when nothing else will. He is so good to us, and loves each one so much. Wants only the best, because we are His.
I find my self praying, Lord search my heart and show me if there be any wicked way in me. Then I ask for mercy that this day I may do better.
Thanks for your fellowship on this thread.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, today, I would like the Lord to just fill me up so much with His understanding...that I may have clarity. And, I really pray that I may be used at this job today...I had such a great conversation about the Lord with the woman here yesterday. I really long so much for this to continue...that my work is not in vain. That is may be used to point just one person to the Truth.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully further communication with this woman is working out. The Truth is what matters above all else. The Truth includes that we should come to God more. For those not in the true faith it includes the gospel of Christ for salvation for them to hear. For believers it is for our need to grow more, with the Truth, and come ever more to God more fully. There is no real end to this process, we cannot see how we will grow in maturity, and spiritually, forever, but it is what is to happen with those who love God, being in the faith and sealed as his children through the adoption that is assured.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All parts of the body of Christ are necessary. Each one with their special purpose.
Like snowflakes, no two alike yet all make up the snow.
When we are satisfied with our own purpose the 'trying' will be over.
It is a joy to be a part of the church, without the responsibility of feeling like we have to
be the complete package.
One plants, another waters and God gives the increase.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All parts of the body of Christ are necessary. Each one with their special purpose.
Like snowflakes, no two alike yet all make up the snow.
When we are satisfied with our own purpose the 'trying' will be over.
It is a joy to be a part of the church, without the responsibility of feeling like we have to
be the complete package.
One plants, another waters and God gives the increase.

All of us who are believers have value in the body of believers being in Christ. Our fellowship among fellow believers is therefore very important, not something to neglect. I mean those with essential faith, which is in Jesus Christ, a living faith which shows a changed life with his Spirit sealing and living in them. No scriptures show otherwise, they congregate with each other as throughout the new testament, joining in worship and learning, with getting something out of it and being used in some way in Yahweh God's work. There may be some believers cut off and not in fellowship, but it is not a good thing arranged that way, even if they are not fallen in more sin. We have been told we are not to forsake our assembling. We would be in weakened condition without any others with whom to connect in the faith, and we would not be able to show love to God if we do not have each other with whom we can show love.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is revealing to me more and more, how often I have wrong motives in my heart. I desire so much to talk to people who really desire to please the Father, but even in that I have found myself picking who I want to talk to...rather than being led by the Spirit. I have been battling that so much lately...striving to walk by the Spirit...that I may have that joy and peace that comes from God.
I continue to seek God that He may search my heart and cleanse me from my iniquities. I want to be filled with His love, that I am always concerned about another's soul over my own.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is revealing to me more and more, how often I have wrong motives in my heart. I desire so much to talk to people who really desire to please the Father, but even in that I have found myself picking who I want to talk to...rather than being led by the Spirit. I have been battling that so much lately...striving to walk by the Spirit...that I may have that joy and peace that comes from God.
I continue to seek God that He may search my heart and cleanse me from my iniquities. I want to be filled with His love, that I am always concerned about another's soul over my own.

Our motives which are apart from Yahweh God are unrighteous before God. It is natural for us to choose with whom we want to talk. But God always knows better, and it is well for us to follow his lead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.