The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was thinking the same thing Norah...it shouldn't be different...but I really think people don't come to this thread, b/c they group it in with all the other fellowship threads on here. So, I chose a topic, hoping that would spur on more conversation in the other thread about trusting in the Lord. Although, that should come across in fellowship, period.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for letting me know. I just wondered. Maybe a thread just kind of gets slow somtimes.
Many might not have given much thought to what fellowship means to them.
Daily hope and reports of blessings come to mind for me.
My life in Christ has been wonderful lately, have seen many ways that others can open up and share
their faith journey. Its incouraging to see others holding steady to the truth. If growth is not visible
it could be the winter time, a season of rest.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm not sure i understand...growth doesn't have a time of rest...it should be continual for all of us.

This might be a call for this to work better in communication. That does register with me. Those coming together in fellowship should not have a problem with that, and godly growth should always be desired, for individual believers as well as their fellowships. I relate to this, and contribute this as communication to share here, I have used groups online, as with Christian Tribe of Yahweh, and more, and contribute things for communication and our growth, coming to more truth that is of God, with times of unresponsiveness. But it is important that we grow to separate from the fallen world dominated by sin, coming more to God, this important for myself, I need to do that, and I know this is for more Christian believers. It is important in those places of communication that I have for Christian fellowship, as it is with all Christian fellowships, and may it happen here. And I care more for this growth coming to God more than ever, even though there are challenging things in life anyway.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I hear you, we are alive in Christ always. Wintertime it is just not as visible.
The roots are still taking nourishment, yet the leaves and fruit are not on.
Teaching us patience as we travel the road of life. Waiting upon things is just as important
as recieving. Can youhear that? The Lord waits long for the precious fruit.
That scripture just came to mind.
May your day be filled with good things and wisdom and joy.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone...Just wanted to see how you all have been doing in the Lord? Anything that you think He has been growing you up in?

I think I have been hearing "Wait for the Lord and he will lift you up", patience with trust in him is always called for, and growth is required in this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone...Just wanted to see how you all have been doing in the Lord? Anything that you think He has been growing you up in?

He has been revealing more things to me, concerning the issues in my heart. The root issue of course, is unbelief, and he has shown me that I still have a lot of secularism in me, and that I still walk by sight more than faith.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's awesome that the Lord is making you aware of that kid! God brings darkness into light...revealing what we are blinded to. It's a hard process when we find something new that we have to deal with...but the Spirit will win out against our flesh, if we continue to have a pure heart, of only wanting to please God. It should be an encouragement to you...you are on the decrease and Christ is on the increase!

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For myself it is a constant guard on my tongue. So often by not watching the words that come, they bring the wrong thing into my life. The worlds system is always talking defeat and illness and lack. How many times a day do we hear that message?
so to counter it we must speak the opposite. Say what God's Word says about us!
We are over-comers in Christ. We have been healed by the stripes He received.
He was bruised for our iniquities. When I think of how that pain was for Jesus, it makes me keenly aware to not let it be wasted in my life. So many who do not see that as others do, it may sound presumptuous. However it is really very humbling.
To bow the knee to the truth, submit to it's transforming power, that's a daily walk.

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Am really struggling right now. Life just doesn't seem worth it and God feels far away. I can't pray and I really don't even know what to pray for anyway.

Life has been a bit rough the past few years, but I realize I am still blessed in many ways. Motivation is really lacking and I can't seem to get things done the way I once did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't know what to pray for, the Spirit makes intercession for you, on your behalf, to God. Ask for more of the Spirit, and it shall be given unto you. If human beings, who are faulty and evil, know how to give good things to their children, how much more will God, who is faultless, give to those who ask him.

Upvote 0