Visit site
✟265,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for how any of us are doing, I sometimes have a headache and so I have one now. I am glad and thankful still for all the health I do have. And for saying something of feeling rejected and also of having loneliness I think many of us go through that, I have and would like having times of being lonely less. Yes, Christian communication, in the fellowship to be had in Christ, is vital.

Am also sad today. Forty years of abortion in our country. Our new leader said he would protect 'women s rights'. No one to protect an unborns rights. Help us Lord Jesus to lean on you in these times of sadness.

Leadership and what we want from the law fails us. In important things like this we are going to have to spread right information individually and in groups we join for doing that, to do our part to stopping such horrible injustices.

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Lord is teaching me endurance and patience I believe. I'm praying for continued healing of my heart and of loneliness I feel. Also learning how to deal with feelings of abandonment and rejection

Those things are really hard. Going through a lot of the same things. Please know you are not alone. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you...I am doing well Hockey. What is causing you pain?

I have some chronic pain issues that seem to get worse as I get older. Got a treatment today and that helped a little. I know a lot of people have different physical issues and I have mine, too.

Feeling a lot of emotional pain, emptiness, hopelessness at the moment, too.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟8,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ephesians 5:1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How is everyone in the Lord?

I am currently alright, in need of some things to happen, but with great hope in what will come from God. I am glad if fellowship to happen is still sought through this. I promote communication for fellowship with growing in truth through my group as well, I encourage it for your participation, or that of any who would join in, they will be welcome to it. Godly fellowship with other believers who would be in communication with us is indeed important.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi again norha jenjen others .. i forgot about this thread :)

God is good ... and we are still in waiting for baby ...
only delays ..no bad issues . God is so very good .... so we trust him in such wonderful peace .. and we wait ..and wait ... and wait ..and ....i'll updat ya :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TrulyFulfilled

Passionate Helper
Jul 23, 2012
Midwest, USA
Visit site
✟15,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I can't be a man pleaser and worry about stepping on anyone's toes. I only desire to hold up Christ and do what pleases Him only!

I agree that pleasing the Lord should be our chief aim. Debate is helpful, but much of it can be rooted in pride. Exploration of the truth from a heart in love with Jesus is the best formula for Biblical discussions!

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Congradulations on the baby boy! What a blessing Michael for you and your wife.
The fellowship on this thread has always been pretty pleasant Truly, as you say it must be rooted in love, not pride.
Each of us must be hoping to edify and build up the body of Christ.
Many threads turn into a rant, and usually end up going into usless insults. Yet if one good word can be planted, then the readers can use their decernment. Filter all through the word of God and let the good spirit rule the heart.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each of us must be hoping to edify and build up the body of Christ. Many threads turn into a rant, and usually end up going into usless insults. Yet if one good word can be planted, then the readers can use their decernment. Filter all through the word of God and let the good spirit rule the heart.

I have been hearing recently from Christian studies that relationships should for the best be mixtures of truth and grace, this is just how we should see the relationship we can have with God with what he provides. It is true that in some other threads, communication even when it is just among believers fails to have it all with any such godliness. With truly seeking godliness we can speak graciously with others even with any error they are stuck with, but we also should never neglect to speak for the truth we can see has been shown, still always only with love for others, to which we have been called, by our Lord. Truth is to prevail when it can, and we are to be faithful. And there are the fruits of the Spirit, which we should not be missing when we come to communication through this medium or any other. It can become truly ironic when someone is arguing for how love covers all the responsibilities so that some other things do not have to be observed, and do not show anything of love in how they communicate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TY Jen and Norah - yes we are soo happy and blessed in the lord .. my Good lady is more then a little tired of course .
this is a child of promise for sure .. 20 years ago the lord told me i would have a 3rd child - a son - and i would KNOW the lord is God .. and this is why he is named EliJAh for it means "the lord (Yaweh)is God "
through so many things that have happened in my life ,through what i call my 7 Nebuchadnezzar years ,where i ate the filth of the world seemingly lost in darkness -and was saved out of it some 7 years ago ,i had begun to wonder how it could ever be and now IT IS ..

there is no God like our God ..he is the one true Living God and he is MY GOD ..Eternal praise be to his expressed heart to us in the lord JESUS my Lord and MY God .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh this morning i woke at 5 am,... and the clear thought came to me .. home school him ..

hmmm terrifies me as i am uneducated haha ..all my education has been in and of the lord - i was a school drop out - i have never been to bible school even . all i know of God .. God has taught me through his word and the revelation of the Spirit .. i am so Glad my Wife is very clever in all topics .

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe homeschooling is a godly direction for a Christian family to choose for education, if they can afford it, as they need adequate materials for it. This is in light of very corrupted standards in public education, with a less safe environment and godless socialization. It may be a secure option in your country, Michael. In my country, it can be chosen, but it is not so secure as there are strong trends against it. It is one of the valuable freedoms that are being threatened or are being lost.

Upvote 0

jenjen486

The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟8,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that's great Michael. It isn't man's wisdom that we should be instilling into our kids...its God's Wisdom and how His Wisdom is all we ever need. So many people ship their kids off to school having no idea what they are being taught about...and regardless, it is only things of the world, which in 1Corinthians, God says is foolishness to Him. Why would we want to pursue what God calls foolish? The Lord says raise your child up in the ways of the Lord and he will not depart from it.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I believe homeschooling is a godly direction for a Christian family to choose for education, if they can afford it, as they need adequate materials for it. This is in light of very corrupted standards in public education, with a less safe environment and godless socialization. It may be a secure option in your country, Michael. In my country, it can be chosen, but it is not so secure as there are strong trends against it. It is one of the valuable freedoms that are being threatened or are being lost.

It does take lots of resources in order to home school a child. My own daughter will be going to public school. Both my wife and I went to public school and got a good education.

The ways of a Christian will be taught in our home however.

Upvote 0